• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Add another Pokemon to your party...

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
So there has been this CBA thing going around. Basically it's a system to isolate specific teams and further that 1/666th of the metagame. Thread is here.

So of course we know that double PT=6+ different playstyles but which character should we ally with? Remember that each 3 months there is an optional switch so this is not permanent. If the two boards feel the need to explore the team more we can go for another 3 months. If the two boards feel that they have hit a plateau/wall/whatever, we can switch to another team-up.

So who should we team up with first?

And all of you out there that don't play doubles/don't care just don't post and all will be well.

For those of you who think it's a stupid idea, just don't participate. Thanks!

Since this isn't working well, we might as well go for another system instead. Like weekly character matchups. Thread may be locked/deleted.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Pikachu. He needs to come back to his rightful owner.

Screw Lucario. "Electric Aura"? Terrible title.

Samus and Sonic are the best candidates that are close to Pokemon Trainer on the Tier list they're both excellent at racking damage and recovering while Pokemon Trainer can easily make up for their small problem with killing My vote would go to Sonic just because I don't like Samus much. I'm sure some high tier boards might be stupid and get a bit uptight about wanting to team with other high tiers. Even though a Doubles Tier list wouldn't be very close to the singles one.

For giggles try Bullet Seeding someone then have Samus jump in and Fair the opponent. Instant 70-100% in about 2 seconds, I once had this happen then ended the bullet Seed straight after and my Samus friend Up B'ed into them. Massive damage is massive.

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
Well right now we can't go with Pikachu. The other board must agree as well. It's not like in the games, where we can just throw a Master Ball and declare them our slave. HOWEVER, we could throw mud/rocks or lure them with bait/pokeblocks/poffins/berries...

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Well right now we can't go with Pikachu. The other board must agree as well. It's not like in the games, where we can just throw a Master Ball and declare them our slave. HOWEVER, we could throw mud/rocks or lure them with bait/pokeblocks/poffins/berries...
Remember when Pikachu wanted to leave? Ash tied a rope around his neck and dragged that mofo along with him until they learned to get along. No pika co-operation is necessary.

Eh ask the Sonics. Just go in there and post a picture of Rock Smash's Neutral B with the caption "Flame Grilled Steak" possibility of them declining is somewhere between 0 and bowserdoingtheexactsamepicturefirst.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'm not entirely sure what this topic is about. Are we talking about team battles, or what Pokemon would make a good fourth in the rotation?

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
Remember when Pikachu wanted to leave? Ash tied a rope around his neck and dragged that mofo along with him until they learned to get along. No pika co-operation is necessary.

Eh ask the Sonics. Just go in there and post a picture of Rock Smash's Neutral B with the caption "Flame Grilled Steak" possibility of them declining is somewhere between 0 and bowserdoingtheexactsamepicturefirst.
Lol.

I'm not entirely sure what this topic is about. Are we talking about team battles, or what Pokemon would make a good fourth in the rotation?
This topic is about team battles. The linked thread would be the place to get all the information. This thread is to hopefully come to a common choice as a PT doubles community and further advance the small part of the doubles metagame that we can.

The title of the thread was just to get people's attention, whether it's flamers (charizard) post count leechers (ivysaur) or people that just don't post and hide in their shell, watching everything (squirtles).

anhkheg

Smash Rookie
Probably the doubles character that ive had the most secues with has been GaW:

Ivsaur sets multiple easy turtle hits with his bullet seed as well as a good GaW U-smash with Fthrow.

Charizard fills GaW's bucket with his fire. And his spike (D-air) benefits greatly from the U-air that lofts the opponent

Squirtle tends to be more of a backup character for me in this team cause im not as good with him (pathetic i know), but he does set up some very good ariel locks between his Fair and GaW's Bair

and the question i pepbably should have asked before posting all this: Is any tier open for this discussion? or only the characters that are near PT in the rankings?

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
GaW sounds good, I agree. Isn't D3 also a really good PT doubles partner? He's a good heavy hitter to complement the amazing damage racking provided by Flamethrower, Bullet Seed, and fair WoP/jab lock/utilt lock.

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
Unless objects I will just ask the boards in the order that the characters were mentioned. Remember, every quarter we have the option to switch, so it's not forever.

(Yes these names for the most part suck)

Pikachu: Yellow Version (actually...we'll wait until next time to ask)
Samus: Catch and Kill (Pokemon Trainers catch things, bounty hunters kill things)

Sonic: Flame Grilled Steak...with veggies and bubbly water on the side (self explanatory...steak tier...flames...veggies...water)
Game & Watch: (idk what to name this...)
D3: Slave drivers
Fox: Vulpix

Top Bottom