• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT - Edmonton, Alberta - July 12, 08

Virtuozzo

Smash Rookie
It's called unsubscribing from the the thread and checking it once a week, or setting it so that it notifies you on Smash Boards, but not through email, that a thread is updated. Idiot. Also, the way you define "we" is actually "you", and you're the one that we didn't want hosting the tourney because not only are you stupid, but you have huge anger management issues. Also, the only reason why you wanted to host was for the money. Me and Luke are hosting this for the sake of the community, and you couldn't care less about the community; all you want is more money. That's the reason why it's called ADAT and not VADAT or something else. Suck it up, and quit being a baby. You're more than welcome to not come.

Oh wow moar drama plox!
Anyways I believe that this whole tournament was not hosted for money. Fox is low tier. Brawl is god.

Heck i couldn't care less what you did for the tournament because you put that 10 dollars entry fee because you're probably making money for your greedy selves.

Oh and Luke will drop another wii.

And for you two babbling whores i say this picture is for you.

Here

Virtuozzo

Smash Rookie
But then nobody will care about luigi :(

Oh and the truth to be told. Melee > Brawl
If the tournament hosters actually cared about melee more i would actually come. Seriously, in no right mind (unless you're carl) should a melee event be canceled for brawl.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Oh wow moar drama plox!
Anyways I believe that this whole tournament was not hosted for money. Fox is low tier. Brawl is god.

Heck i couldn't care less what you did for the tournament because you put that 10 dollars entry fee because you're probably making money for your greedy selves.

Oh and Luke will drop another wii.

And for you two babbling whores i say this picture is for you.

Here
But then nobody will care about luigi :(

Oh and the truth to be told. Melee > Brawl
If the tournament hosters actually cared about melee more i would actually come. Seriously, in no right mind (unless you're carl) should a melee event be canceled for brawl.
k. fail. Melee's not being canned, we're having Melee. I don't know what the hell you're reading, but we're not cancelling anything (except for probably the N64 tourneys, we won't have time). And $10 entry fee is to pay off the money we paid to actually host this tournament. We're not going for actual cash. And thanks for pointing out the obvious with "Melee > Brawl." 4 posts. Good job.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
10 bucks from each person? dont tell me rent for 1 day is like 320 bucks..

Frio

Smash Champion
!!!WARNING!!!
I have been sandbaging my whole smash life and at ADAT I'll show of my true skills. I have 1vs1 Ken in his prime and beat him with my marth against his.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I agree, Mewtwo definitely represents a beyond-god tier...his incredible speed, the swiftness and power of his aerials, and his awesome smashes make him too good. I say we ban him from ADAT.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Pretty close to that, actually...and believe it or not, me and Luke have to pay an extra few-hundred dollar damage deposit, but we're crossing our fingers that the place won't get completely wrecked and we'll get our money back.
seriously? then why dont u go to where carl went for his tourney? it didnt seem like carl paid much, if he did at all for the rent.

thats such a rip, 300 bucks for rental? **** that, change location.

i dont want those money grubbing ***s to take my 10 bucks hahaha

edit: and why is wireless gc controllers banned?

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Actually tyson you'd be suprised, most halls charge outrageous amounts. I have mad hookups with my hall though so I get an extremely reduced rate (and it's a cheap hall on top of that). A door fee is pretty common in order to pay for the halls. We had to do it in Shiro's tournament just to break even which was sad.

Besides, it means the pot doesn't get a 10% chunk cut out of it (thats what I did for mine) so you get maximum profits if you land in the money.

PS Shiro still owes me 100 bux for putting money toward that hall and I'm probably never going to see that money again :(

Tyson651

Smash Lord
oh man.. so expensive..

i do remember one of my friends rented some big room in a hotel for her bday party, i dont remember the cost though

so why is wireless gc controllers banned and that uta song thing

and call his *** up, and be like, yo, i want to see my money u hear me? otherwise ima shove my wiimote up ur *** and ull never be able to walk properly for the rest of ur life.

wheres my money?!?!

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Wireless GC controllers are banned cause they get some interference sometimes, which causes delay lag...and it's even worse if everybody used them. i supposed I could "unban" them if people want. As for Tane no Uta...the song sucks. Period. =\

As for the money...Luke already diminished the price. I don't think we'll be able to drop the price any more. I do know, however, that we're not going to take money from the pot if we get 25 people coming (which we already do).

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Renting out the Auditorium for CAST3 was $125 and the pay out was a couple of bucks.

Frio

Smash Champion
Does anyone wanna sell me there super nintendo at ADAT? If so how much and is it in good condition?

Levi5

Smash Ace
It was 5 dollars payout for the third place team, entrance fee was 10 dollars per team. I know because I had to manage it

Last edited:

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Wireless GC controllers are banned cause they get some interference sometimes, which causes delay lag...and it's even worse if everybody used them. i supposed I could "unban" them if people want.
A wavebird operates on radio frequencies. The only interference occurs when two controllers play on the same frequency, which is very unlikely as I don't think I've ever seen 16 wavebirds at even the largest tournaments.

There is also no lag. Ze-ro.

Levi5

Smash Ace
The reason wavebirds are banned from tournaments is so that there aren't more than one person per frequency being played at one time. Which would mess up tournament matches, we can't "fairly" decide who gets to use a wavebird and who doesn't so they are generally banned as a whole. Sound good?

FalseFalco

Smash Master
A wavebird operates on radio frequencies. The only interference occurs when two controllers play on the same frequency, which is very unlikely as I don't think I've ever seen 16 wavebirds at even the largest tournaments.

There is also no lag. Ze-ro.
Debatable, but you're the birthday boy.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol i was just wondering, i dont use wireless gc haha.

and at cast3 joel and i were the lucky 2.50 winners.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Lies. Cable always has less lag.

Also there IS lag but you just never notice it.
I haven't lied in six years.

There is no lag in a wavebird. This topic was beaten to death and resolved years ago, but given the smash community's perpetually over-reported paranoia about lag in general, I'm not surprised it continues to come up.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Get out, I was the first one to have white controllers.

Seriously, you talk so much stupid ****. IO don't even come to this thread just because of this. I'm really pissy right now if you can't tell too.

I guess I'll have to pull MORE original **** for this if I make it. You'll find out whe we get there so I don't get copy ****s. and expect my nametag to return with me.

Top Bottom