• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT - Edmonton, Alberta - July 12, 08

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I don't know for sure, but I might be able to order pizza for the tourney goers when the tournament rolls around, would that be ok?

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but we are only doing 3 events, I know doubles usually goes before singles, but I like singles alot more, and since we didn't get melee singles at CT4 it's an even bigger reason to have melee singles over doubles. I repeat... NO MELEE DOUBLES!
You suck. There's no way we could run doubles? Even over the course of the day on 1 tv?

If so does that make melee singles the first event of the day?

PS. Ban Hannenbow. It's legit like yoshi's story 64.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Hmm I like that suggestion, like a side tourny, hmmm. Sounds like AME 64 tourny. Could work, AND FINE NO HANENBOW OMG YOU GUYS ARE BABIES.

Metah

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah, I was wondering how character picks go? Can you switch characters between rounds/matches? Or do you have to pre-pick in advance for the whole tourney?

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Alphicans/AD, Correct me if it's different, but the rule known as "advance slob pick" works as so.

When game 1 of any set begins you and your opponent each pick a character. You may request a double blind pick where one person tells a third party the character they are going to pick, while the person who has not told anyone picks. This ensures a lack of intentional counterpicking right off the bat. After game 1, the loser picks the stage they wish to counter on. The winner may then opt to change characters, afterwards the loser may opt to change characters. Same goes for all remaining games in a set.

So to directly answer your question, Yes, you may switch between rounds/matches, and no, you do not need to pre-select in advance for the entire duration of the tournament.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Well, it's not totally necessary if you have a character that doesn't have many bad matchups, but if you're planning to pit something like a Pikachu against a Sheik, you'd better be prepared to counterpick with a decent character (this is Melee, by the way).

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's not totally necessary if you have a character that doesn't have many bad matchups, but if you're planning to pit something like a Pikachu against a Sheik, you'd better be prepared to counterpick with a decent character (this is Melee, by the way).
Sid would do it.

In Sid We Trust.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
kept you waiting huh?

i'm in!

brawl doubles and singles for sure! dan and i need to team again :D

this is snake.. i'm done here..

Metah

Smash Rookie
I'll only be joining for Brawl. I've played Melee for long enough lol

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I forgot to post this awhile back, but my friend should be joining in and he might be able to pitch in for the pizza.
What type of pizza would everyone want?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If you're serious about it, Thanks a lot then! Uhh I'd suggest not doing anything special, just the generic pepperoni pizza, and maybe Hawaiian (most people like that right?).

Yoshara

Smash Lord
So in all seriousness pepperoni double cheese from perry's 2 for 1?

P.S. Who is this Hoshara, and why is he not participating with his friend?

Frio

Smash Champion
Imo I think we should get rid of brawl all together and go melee and 64

EDIT anchovies FTW

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
k, I'll prolly be coming. I can bring a wii with Both Brawl and Melee, but, like what happened with CT4 things can change last second. But I want to go. <_>

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
It's come to my attention that this thread indeed needs moar hype!

Edit: imageshack is lame.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
YAY ALEX.

We need some more Ike action. Seriously. :D

It's also occurred to me that we need more Mario in Alberta. I want to just play the total dork card here and get a good tournament match of Mario vs. Sonic.

Entertain me! HYPE!!!

Top Bottom