• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT - Edmonton, Alberta - July 12, 08

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
I've sent job applications in 3 times and got rejected 3 times >_>
Volume counts, man!

I sent in 30 job apps per day for three days, and was fielding requests for interviews for over a week afterwards. I ended up with about 5-6 job offers and chose the best one.

No johns - I also had the disadvantage of being deaf. :)

edit: should also mention I'm reaping the benefits of said job right now, being typing on a brand new $1400 computer.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I still think that you should leave your friend's party / leave ADAT early, Tyson. I want to at least see your Snake in action before the end of summer, I've been hearing that it's good. :)
smashfest on a sat or something and ill be there :p

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
****it Carl! If you hadn't taken that me and Sid would have broken even (or won ~$1 each!!!!!)!

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol Mike.

Who do you play now anyways, you played so many people at CT4

edit: Luke/Tyler this is important. Is there a strong source of water/beverage that isn't deathly to the throat in the building?

I mean a water fountain will do. Same goes for nearby Food sources.

Can you please let me know, I seem to be coming down with a mad throat sickness and I need this.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Mark (Frio) will be bringing a VCR or two. I'll see if I can buy some tapes.

Brad: There's tap water there, not sure about a water fountain...but I'll buy you a water bottle or two and stick it in the fridge there with your name on it.

Frio

Smash Champion
Everyone I can probally bring a TV with a recorder in it and a vcr recorder. So thats a grand wopping 2 recording devices

kithkin

Smash Champion
I will if John cancels on me for sure, we ****.

Also, awe might want a few extension cords (aka more plugs) so we can plug ina vcr, wii and tv all at once in one spot.

and thanks Tyler, I can probably do with the tap water, I'll have my own bottle, but if you do decide to pick me up a bottle or two I'll pay you back =P

Alphicans

Smash Hero
There is a little convenience store close by, I think I posted this awhile ago. If you wanna know where it is, ask me when you get there I can tell you.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
And I continue to change!

Brawl I will be playing not snake.

Melee I will be playing some yoshi, but more of 2 other characters I've been working on.

Edit: creepy 2x post in 1 minute.

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol, thanks Luke. I'll be fine then I think, so long as I don't almost get DQ'd this time =P

and Mike, is it ZSS and Diddy?

Also I love yoshi.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
carl with mike
ermine with brad
jim with frio
steve with stu DOUBLE IKE OMFG

done.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Wait wait wait.

Mike, Carl's sux and already has a partner. I'll team with you, you know we'll do good.

how about it?

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
No, but bring them anyway.

I realize that the $10 is starting to get to people, so I'm thinking that if we do another tourney in the future, I will reduce the entry fee to $5 or $0 and take money from the pot instead. If we have time to plan things out (which we might not, because there's only 2 days left), then I may also be able to reduce the entry fee to $5 for Saturday.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Well, I think some of us are starting to mind less now that you're actually taking things the way you should (thats a compliment you're improving)

if you actually manage to cut the fee thats sweet.

edit: Wern't you not coming Mike? But either way if you are now I'll team with you =3

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol carl is ditching jim for mike.

god u guys are like vultures on a fresh dead corpse.

what if i happened to come all of a sudden lolol

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Beeble, I can't give you a discount and not give anybody else a discount...the entire purpose of the $10 entry fee was because Luke and I were originally unaware that this many people would end up coming. Since this is our first tournament, we had no numbers or no estimate on which to predict how many people would come, so we decided to stick it safe and have a $10 entry fee. I'd feel more guilty having to dig deep into a pot with a $5 entry fee than to just stick it safe with $10.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's true. it is. 2 Day's left guys, and with the outstanding 3 setups Sid and Mike are bringing, I think there will be a sufficient amount of setups, given that Carl actually shows (you got a ride yet).

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It's true. it is. 2 Day's left guys, and with the outstanding 3 setups Sid and Mike are bringing, I think there will be a sufficient amount of setups, given that Carl actually shows (you got a ride yet).
I can bring a TV and a Wii for friendlies, but i'll be taking it back at 7.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
My friend can't come, he is on a vacation till monday.

P.S. Do you still need VCR's? 'cause I can bring one if need be.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Beeble, I can't give you a discount and not give anybody else a discount...the entire purpose of the $10 entry fee was because Luke and I were originally unaware that this many people would end up coming. Since this is our first tournament, we had no numbers or no estimate on which to predict how many people would come, so we decided to stick it safe and have a $10 entry fee. I'd feel more guilty having to dig deep into a pot with a $5 entry fee than to just stick it safe with $10.
what do you mean dig deep?

the fee for each tournament is going directly 100% to that tournaments pot right...

also luke are you able to ride me or not

;)

kithkin

Smash Champion
No cutting from the tournament Pot.

Also wtf, Why can't I just get a teammate, everyone ****ing ditches me.

I just want a good teammate that I know. Every one I get ditches me and every one thats available get stolen by ***** (Carl is *****)

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
I could probably bring a VHS (same thing as a VCR...right?) as soon as I figure out how to record with it. An online manual must be lurking somewhere in the depths of the internet...

Edit: confirmed i'm bringing a VCR, with a blank video cassette.

only took a couple hours to get it working...

Tyson651

Smash Lord
id say just throw it in the pot, then next time u can give a better estimate on the entree fee.

Top Bottom