• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT - Edmonton, Alberta - July 12, 08

Frio

Smash Champion
My internet dies for 3 days and i come back only to find 2 people banned >_> and a lot of Pikachu bashing. Brad you know Pikachu is the God of Uberness:bee:

Levi5

Smash Ace
What does our entry fee pay aside from getting in? If you plan to take a little money home with you, you better say so in the thread before the tournament starts. People aren't going to take it very kindly if you steal from them. Everyone here knows each other well,

I advise you make a post with more precise details on where the fundings are going.

Last edited:

BetaJim

Smash Rookie
What does our entry fee pay aside from getting in? If you plan to take a little money home with you, you better say so in the thread before the tournament starts. People aren't going to take it very kindly if you steal from them. Everyone here knows each other well, it's not a very big community, and trust me if you pull that **** off it's going to lay on you like AIDs in Africa.

I advise you make a post with more precise details on where the fundings are going.
Omg an intelligent post by Levi! Oh and yea we all want to know.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol jim, why do u blame victor or other people, its just ur own fault and take it like a man. just take it as a lesson and dont spam stupid stuff like that again.

fundings towards rental and food? i guess extra money should go towards the pot and if in debt of money, it will be taken out of the pot? haha.

kithkin

Smash Champion
All I know is $10 is hefty. So food and the rental should be covered. But also keep in mind were used to Carl tournaments without a fee because he gets cheap rental.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Stop complaining about the $10. We're using it to cover food and rent, and we're not taking money from the pot. We're not doing this to get money off of people, we're doing this for the community. Rent is more costly than you people think it is, and this is our first tournament, so we have no discount for always renting the place out. Also, what Luke and I were thinking a while back was to save this money so that the future entry fees would be cut to $5 or to no cost at all.

Tyson: If we have some extra money, yeah, we'll see what we can do. I highly doubt we'll be in debt, though. All we need is 25-30 people coming.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I don't have $60 to spend for me and my brother, so he and I will probably just be playing friendlies only, or possibly singles maybe. I'm definitely not going for Brawl events or Melee Doubles. $20 for the two of us just to walk in the door is sort of turning me off as it is. :/ Instead of going to ADAT, I might as well play friendlies through out August for free. DECISIONS DECISIONS.

Could I get a discount if i sucked your balls?

BetaJim

Smash Rookie
lol jim, why do u blame victor or other people, its just ur own fault and take it like a man. just take it as a lesson and dont spam stupid stuff like that again.

fundings towards rental and food? i guess extra money should go towards the pot and if in debt of money, it will be taken out of the pot? haha.
I blame victor cause he knows i'm joking :p

BetaJim

Smash Rookie
Stop complaining about the $10. We're using it to cover food and rent, and we're not taking money from the pot. We're not doing this to get money off of people, we're doing this for the community. Rent is more costly than you people think it is, and this is our first tournament, so we have no discount for always renting the place out. Also, what Luke and I were thinking a while back was to save this money so that the future entry fees would be cut to $5 or to no cost at all.

Tyson: If we have some extra money, yeah, we'll see what we can do. I highly doubt we'll be in debt, though. All we need is 25-30 people coming.
And i smell controversy on this.I talked to Luke about your MMs and he's like "Yea w/e he'll get it all back anyways".

This is madness :o

I say Luke should answer this one.

EDIT: btw Tyler you guys did get a discount i believe. Luke said his family was in good relationship with the hall organizer and you guys got a good discount for it.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Guys, If you don't rememebr AfterDawn telling us to ask Luke all these questions the first time, then you obviously havn't lost faith in him as a host yet.

I've just learn't to ignore it.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Jim we got like $50 bucks off, not a big deal. Plus there is always the worry about actually paying the damage deposit. And we getting food, which u all get for free, which includes hotdogs, chips, pop etc. (actually that's it), oh wait and condiments =D. And if there is any money left over... WE GET PROSTITUTES

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Red Deer roster:
Janitor
R.L. Prodigy
MAIN Attraction

Sean is still undecided about it.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
And i smell controversy on this.I talked to Luke about your MMs and he's like "Yea w/e he'll get it all back anyways".

This is madness :o

I say Luke should answer this one.

EDIT: btw Tyler you guys did get a discount i believe. Luke said his family was in good relationship with the hall organizer and you guys got a good discount for it.
We already got the discount. We can't ask for another one.

lol steven.

Also the damage deposit... is refunded... just sayin'

How many Hotdogs per person?
It's only refunded if somebody doesn't screw around with the center. If somebody breaks something or messes something up...that's a few hundred dollars of our money out the window.

And the number of hot dogs per person, I don't know. I'll see how many hot dogs I can buy. But no hot dogs for you. You don't believe in me as a host, I don't believe in your hunger.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Red Deer roster:
Janitor
R.L. Prodigy
MAIN Attraction

Sean is still undecided about it.

K, only Steven, Andrew and I are coming. Brent's parent can't drive him cause of gas prices and stuff. :/

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I also say that we should do the Melee tournaments first, just incase we run out of time and Melee gets the shaft, like at CT4.

Seriously, i don't wanna be there till 6:00pm for something exciting to happen.

[EDIT]: Red Deer can't participate in Melee events since they're so late, so we'll be there for friendlies only.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Then play Brawl in the meantime. If I move Brawl into the evening, then the Brawl players might not come at all, or they'll have to wait a long time as well. I know that the Melee players coming aren't as casual as Brawl players, so they'll stick out the wait.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Regarding people:

Enough with these conspiracy theories about the door fee. It's like oc3 all over again. As a tournament organizer I guess I understand the costs better than most, but you guys should try and sympathize.

I realize this kind of thing is only coming up because the hosts are making extremely irresponsible posts on the boards, but I have full trust that Alphicans and AfterDawn will deliver. I realize I don't get this kind of heat because I've been moderately successful in hosting on past occasions, but that wasn't always the case. At my very first tournament I obtained the trust of all of you to run a successful honest tournament and I did so to the best of my abilities. I ask for the same trust then as now.

The only difference between Alphicans/AfterDawn and I is that I don't make **** posts in my own tournament thread. But they're young so I will let it slide, and I hope you will as well.

For the record, I cut 10% from brawl singles/doubles in order to pay for the rental and food provided at CT4. I guess this might surprise some people and I'm sorry if you become jaded about me or something; but honestly smash tournaments don't run themselves.

In closure, I can assure you that if I'm wrong Alphicans and AfterDawn won't hear the end of it from me.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
Last shot here - anyone willing to tote(via vehicle) my TV back and forth from my house and ADAT at 2:30 and afterwards? 15 mins max each time since I live about 10 blocks away.

All this talk about not enough money to go is depressing. Get a job ya bums! Job market's so hot right now and bottom-of-the-ladder openings are everywhere. A couple hours after school won't kill you so much as build character(at least that's what my parents said...).

Frio

Smash Champion
I've sent job applications in 3 times and got rejected 3 times >_>

EDIT: I'm looknig for a brawl doubles partner and a melee doubles partner

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol I think you're doing something wrong.

Frio did you talk to Koda/Ermine/Kevin yet?

You could do double pikachu.

BetaJim

Smash Rookie
I've sent job applications in 3 times and got rejected 3 times >_>

EDIT: I'm looknig for a brawl doubles partner and a melee doubles partner
Lolz. I got hired on my first application.

BetaJim

Smash Rookie
Brad, quit being a ****** and stop being so oblivious. If you didn't understand what I posted, you have clear mental issues. Also, how am I avoiding posts if I just I'd have a $5 MM at ADAT? Are you blind as well?

Seriously, if you're going to continue posting in the thread, stop being a total tard. I've already had a few people message me that you're "gayifing" the thread- I even had one person tell me that you're a ****, but I'm not going to name names.
Oh and Tyler has the 666th post of this thread with this...
I smell ashes and sulfur in somewhere in this thread.

EDIT: I noticed that Tyler also has the 13th post of this thread.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
u double posted twice in the past 24 hours, i think mic's gonna laugh when he bans u again hahaha.

afterdawn, it doesnt really matter to me anyway cause i cant attend lol. i was just saying that cause i thought it was common sense for that to happen for the other people who werent as informed.

but it doesnt matter anyway :p

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I still think that you should leave your friend's party / leave ADAT early, Tyson. I want to at least see your Snake in action before the end of summer, I've been hearing that it's good. :)

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I think it might be too late, sorry. :( I'll see what I can do about it, but I can't guarantee anything as of now.

P.S. Anybody have a VHS recorder / VCR system that they can bring? If you do, please bring one or let me know in advance. Thanks.

Top Bottom