• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Acrobatic Ganon

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I love it how many people doubt Ganon's recovery ability. I'll certainly use this later.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
His Up+B isn't that bad, imo. It's his DJ that sux and makes his recovery bad ;/

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
His Up+B isn't that bad, imo. It's his DJ that sux and makes his recovery bad ;/
His up B travels in a relatively fixed path with very little flexibility in movement, unable to travel straight up (dangerous on some ledges, lylat cruise) or gain much momentum mid-flight. His landing lag (of the none carry over kind) is relatively unjust. In addition, his "grab" has a relatively close and small registration area, along with a number of frames between when the grab ends and the uppercut begins. It's no saving grace that the upper cut can hit a foe, but not give Ganon back his up B.

His double jump (air jump would be more proper) gimps a lot of his game - from autocancels to recoveries. With a real DJ, Ganon could Down+B spike with greater leniency, he could chase much higher into the sky with Uair, he could possibly even mindgame his reverse-air-Warlock Punch near Falcon effectiveness. He'd instantly climb the tier list, without even touching his lack of approach/pressure game and wtfisthiscrap Utilt.

Nothing new here...
Just a little clip of how you can control your Warlock punches:
I can't think of a reason I would prefer NeutralB in that situation over any aerial.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I can't think of a reason I would prefer NeutralB in that situation over any aerial.
Of course one should use aerial attacks instead of aerial Warlock punches..
You don't even need to state that, man.
I just find it cool that the big, sluggish 'Dorf can jump out and WP, and then return.

Thx for lecturing me, Hyrus...

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
Of course one should use aerial attacks instead of aerial Warlock punches..
You don't even need to state that, man.

Thx for lecturing me, Hyrus...
I have as much grounds for stating the obvious as you do. >_<

Top Bottom