• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Absolute Wingdashing a (Work in progress)

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Absolute Wingdash

This techique is very effective against multihitters ideally went your opponent back turn to edge this can also lead to a stage spike

The List of characters this work against

Mario- Jabs, Utilt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctH2oiqiz9k

Kirby- Jabs, Utilt

Fox- Jabs, Utilt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF51iGKJBm4

Game&Watch- Jabs

Diddy Kong- Jabs, Utilts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PbnGv_V8V4

Shierk- Jabs, Utilt, Ftilt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayEvdxTUdf8

Pit- Jabs, Utilt

Metaknight- Jabs

Falco- Jabs

Peach not sure

Kingddd- fast Jabs, slow Jabs
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?pi=0&ps=20&sf=added&sa=0&sq=Jabs&dm=1

sonic- fast Jabs, not sure only slow Jabs

Wario- Jabs

RoB not sure

olimar not sure

Captain falcon- Jabs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmXqCZ7ZPEA

Jiglly Puff- Jabs

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Now I will explain how to Wingdash, for the newer Pits around.

This is how you perform it with the Gamecube controller:

SH Up-B to D-air
Short-hop Up-B (Wings of Icarus) to Down-Air (for those who are not familiar with some abbreviations)

How I perform it (Gamecube controller)
Tap X or Y to jump, quickly use Up-B on a low "hover" above ground (not where Pit is completely on the ground though), then C-stick down to perform Down Air.

Perhaps this should help the Pits out, but remember that they should start by mastering the basics before going to Pit ATs (Advanced Techniques), as Rogue once told me.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Now I will explain how to Wingdash, for the newer Pits around.

This is how you perform it with the Gamecube controller:

SH Up-B to D-air
Short-hop Up-B (Wings of Icarus) to Down-Air (for those who are not familiar with some abbreviations)

How I perform it (Gamecube controller)
Tap X or Y to jump, quickly use Up-B on a low "hover" above ground (not where Pit is completely on the ground though), then C-stick down to perform Down Air.

Perhaps this should help the Pits out, but remember that they should start by mastering the basics before going to Pit ATs (Advanced Techniques), as Rogue once told me.
yeah in others words they must feel out windasging first, rather seeing it as just separate move but together they must see as one. went persons ask me how to wingdash and i have explaint it i sometime wonder if its really so much move put togther

Afropony

Smash Lord
Looking good so far hope and a really good idea.
Also I saw the 3rd video (the one where you were fighting the falco) where you glided of the edge to kill yourself lol why did you do that or do you just have trouble with gliding?

Riku00

Smash Ace
Ummm... its just a wingdash that was used at the right time. wingdash renders alot of attacks useless, such as Ganon's warlock kick. It completely removes the hitbox for that attack even if Ganon is touching you. Why you call it absolute wingdash, i have no idea. But keep this thread going so people can know what to use wingdash against, and not to use against. Your doing a good job, keep it up.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Why you call it absolute wingdash, i have no idea.
Lol, the reason why i call it Absolute wingdash is because i dont believe a absolute Knowleage thereofore i dont believe in a absolute attack but i dont believe in absolute defense however. in a situation where every move that a character can use is render useless by windash make it an absolute defence hence the name Absolute Winsdash i guess this what i was thinking

Riku00

Smash Ace
Lol, the reason why i call it Absolute wingdash is because i dont believe a absolute Knowleage thereofore i dont believe in a absolute attack but i dont believe in absolute defense however. in a situation where every move that a character can use is render useless by windash make it an absolute defence hence the name Absolute Winsdash i guess this what i was thinking
Oh okay. Good to see your continuing this thread. Keep it up because i'll be coming here for advice often. I need to know which characters moves this works best on and which moves it doesn't.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit's Wingdash game is improving as you give us information. I'll be looking forward to using some of these to balance my options.
And also the Wingdash can stop another Pit's Angel Ring, just in case one of you face those kind of spammers. You need good timing however.

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
This is interesting, Im testing it out and I like what I'm seeing. I was skeptical at first, because the first videos it seemed extreeeemely situational, but with these new videos, I can see that it's fairly adaptable lol. Very nice

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit's Up-B messes up Ness' Up-B, but I wouldnt risk it on Lucas' and it's properties. You can shoot it with an arrow instead.

arm

Smash Apprentice
Im sorry, but the vids wont load properly on my computer for some reason (sound is out of sync), and your english is a little hard for me to understand. Could someone explain this whole thing to me?

Again, no offense about your english, its just Im having trouble piecing it all together, and not knowing what your talking about to begin with isnt too helpful...

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Im sorry, but the vids wont load properly on my computer for some reason (sound is out of sync), and your english is a little hard for me to understand. Could someone explain this whole thing to me?

Again, no offense about your english, its just Im having trouble piecing it all together, and not knowing what your talking about to begin with isnt too helpful...
I will try to explain

however what part u can't understand?

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
My Wingdash games is improving, i am alot bitter than before.
What about you guys?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lolzz I'll be posting in this place for quiet a while as my secondary is Pit but this AT is Friggne intence I've got to learn/master this :p your Info helps a lot guys thank you and more would be much appreciated :)

arm

Smash Apprentice
I will try to explain

however what part u can't understand?
Its not just understanding the concept, but the broken grammar and typos make it difficult for me to keep track. Im really sorry, I dont mean any offense by it, but its the cold hard truth...

SORRY! ;_;

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
Wow this thread is awesome, but i have a problem. I'm able to perform the wing dash, but my pit seems to have about 1 second of la animation, as he kneels to the ground.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Wow this thread is awesome, but i have a problem. I'm able to perform the wing dash, but my pit seems to have about 1 second of la animation, as he kneels to the ground.
It's likely that instead of using a Dair you are using a Fair or a Bair instead. This gives some lag and also makes Pit look as though he is kneeling down.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
I also have a problem with wingdashing. I can perform it pretty well but my consistancy is weak. I use my Y button for B(special) so i can execute wingashing in one fluid motion, howver i sometimes go slightly late making my wing dashing SLOWER than pros or i just dont wing cancel at all. Should i switch to using the B button for Special or stick with Y and keep working at it. BTW i find if i use the B button for special it's faster, if i get the timing down corectly.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Well for those that have trouble landing with wingdashing maybe you should try using the c-stick. And sorry if posting this since last post was a month ago.

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
I haven't really mastered this, and have a touney coming up ths saturday. However i really don't see how this can be useful, i mean. Isn't i better to just shield or side-dodge?

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
I haven't really mastered this, and have a touney coming up ths saturday. However i really don't see how this can be useful, i mean. Isn't i better to just shield or side-dodge?
yeah its really usefull if you know went to do sometime shielding is good but side dodge doesnt really make any sense. you will soon see just wait for my vid Dash dash go wingdash part 2

Top Bottom