• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About those DLC characters . . .

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
nothing stoping for them making another stage from an existing franchise

Uffe

Smash Hero
What gave you that impression?
Same as the OPs. Non-echo fighter with a new stage and new tracks. So if it's not based on an existing character already on the roster, then that opens up for anything that hasn't been shown as an Assist Trophy. I guess they could add more music to an already existing series in the game, and a new stage, of course. The term echo fighter didn't exist until Ultimate, but Lucas got in Smash, and he's not an echo fighter. I guess I'm just hoping for five new DLC characters whose series aren't already in the game, you know? Just like how Cloud and Bayonetta landed in Sm4sh. Their series wasn't already represented.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
A. Nothing you've heard is true because all leaks are fake.

B. Nothing can be worse than the plant.
You apparently haven't heard the Granblue rumor. A mobile game anime swordsman (or women) sounds about like the worst and least interesting character that Smash could ever possibly add.

I'm fine with whatever DLC we get, as log as it's not something like THAT.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
You apparently haven't heard the Granblue rumor. A mobile game anime swordsman (or women) sounds about like the worst and least interesting character that Smash could ever possibly add.

I'm fine with whatever DLC we get, as log as it's not something like THAT.
There's plenty of anime swordsmen I'd still like to see in the game. None of them are from mobile games though.

I don't feel like every other JRPG franchise should have to suffer just because Nintendo got stupid with the Fire Emblem characters.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
A Al -kīmiyā
There might be first- or third-party characters, or both. Uffe explained it best.

A Arthur97
First-, second-, or third-party, the point is Geno is a Mario character made by another company, just like Diddy and Waluigi. Nintendo isn't and hasn't been partnered with Rare for a long time.

Arthur97

Smash Master
A Al -kīmiyā
There might be first- or third-party characters, or both. Uffe explained it best.

A Arthur97
First-, second-, or third-party, the point is Geno is a Mario character made by another company, just like Diddy and Waluigi. Nintendo isn't and hasn't been partnered with Rare for a long time.
Yes, but they are different circumstances. They can apparently do whatever they want with Diddy, but not Geno. They are clearly not the same.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Correct me if I’m wrong but what I’m reading here is that people found a pattern with dlc in smash 4 (1 game) and are trying to use that to say that all dlc characters will be 3rd party... I’m seeing a pattern in general speculation now.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
An interesting thesis, but I can't think of many third parties to fill the 5 slots we have. If a fighter from a series we already have is added, there's nothing preventing them from adding another stage and some music as well.

Top Bottom