• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About the Coin Launcher Game

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Has anybody done any research on it? What do you have to do to consistently get the bonus coins, and how is the number of coins determined? Also, I notice that some trophies take fewer hits to get than others. Is there any site that can tell me everything about the coin launcher?

Oh, and make some suggestions about what to add to the coin launcher, haha. Powerups, modes, things to shoot, whatever.

I think it would be cool if there was a multi player mode for the coin shooter. :laugh:

Ange

Smash Lord
There is nothing to make research on, since CL is basically made up on randomness.

Getting bonus coins will only happen if you make successfull kills after another.
That is, if a row of the same enemy appears, hit them all and you have a small chance of getting some money.
In any case, I believe the determination on when you get them and how much is random.

A guess on the trophy part; the more rarer it is, the more hits it needs. Another guess is that after youve gotten a trophy you didnt have before, it doesnt need as many hits anymore if you encounter it again.

My guesses.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
One thing everyone knows about it is that the more enemys you kill, the chances of getting higher coin bonuses, stickers, and the chance of rare trophies appearing, all increases. So you can't conserve your ammo to get new stuff. And why would you? Most of the time, it's hard just to get RID of the 9999 coins you have.... I HATE THIS! I STRUGGLED FOR WEEKS (before figuring out how awesome Adventure mode is) T0 GET 1000 COINS IN MELEE! And in Brawl, I CAN'T GET RID OF THEM FAST ENOUGH!

Ange

Smash Lord
True ^

How you get coins in Brawl is crazy. When I had 9999 coins I usually took a ride in CL until I had around 7000 left.

The next day, I had 9999 again. I swear, just by starting up the game gives you 9001 coins.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
They should have kept the lottery, but included Stickers and Songs, and made it so that you had to spend lots of moeny to increase your vchances of a new item, like at minimal a coin per percent. That way, we'd burn through our coins easily, but we'd still be able to find stuff.

Not that I dislike Coin Launcher (which is quite fun), I just hope they add both into SSB4. OMG THIS SHOULD GO INTO MY SSB4 ESSAY (which I can't wait to slam that board with) *writes*

Neal

Smash Rookie
No need to research. No one really cared about it.
what are you talking about? I know a lot of people who cared about it and actually played it a lot, though i don't know why. you're right , no need to research, nothing much to research anyway.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I still think it would be entertaining to have a multi player coin launcher mode. It would certainly get rid of your excess coins more quickly than usual.

I played a few team battles and my coins are at 9999 again lol

Gameplayer209

Smash Cadet
It is pretty random. You probably already know this but the more enemies you kill the more bonuses you get. (obvious)

Splice

Smash Hero
I have a question about Coin Launcher though! ; What is with the Purple Balls? that dont do anything when you shoot them> WHat Do ThEy Do?

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
but they have those slots? i thought for sure a coin could fit in there :/

POKE40

Smash Lord
The purple balls are supposed to make you lol when you hit them.
But no, they're just freaking obstacle. I know since I've been shooting at them to get rid of my 9999 coins.

At least coin launcher gives us something...

@ topic: no research needs to be done. If coins is the problem. You can enjoy Adventure mode.
In fact for the curious mind... someone can research this. Yet this research would take an huge chunck of time and effort

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
It's a great way to gain trophies and it's fun...until after playing it for too long. Then it just gets boring.

Ange

Smash Lord
It's a great way to gain trophies and it's fun...until after playing it for too long. Then it just gets boring.
Also, when you have gotten all trophies you can get in CL, then its not only boring, but pure useless. :/

Freakin' SSE trophifying..

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Freakin' SSE trophifying...
I know. At first, that was pretty cool (and that's pushing it), but after trying and trying to trophify (if that's even a word) every single enemy including bosses, it just gets tedious. After I got the Tabuu trophy, I just stopped trying to trophify enemies.

Incarnati0n

Smash Rookie
CL would've been a lot less tedious if it had an autofire function. Button Bashing for eternity.. coin bonusses are more annoying than usefull this way.

Ange

Smash Lord
CL would've been a lot less tedious if it had an autofire function. Button Bashing for eternity.. coin bonusses are more annoying than usefull this way.
Button mashing isnt so recommended in Coin Launcher, honestly. If you press it more gently rather than mashing the button, it wont be so tedious.

However, since there are GC controllers with auto-fire functions, I think you can actually use some auto firing in CL after all. IMO, I wouldnt recommend it tho. Manual button pressing is more effective than having auto-fire on.

Incarnati0n

Smash Rookie
CL isn't really about effectiveness. It's more like being annoyed by all those wasted coins you have to throw away because you've been at 9999 coins for the last 2 months.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
The purple balls are supposed to make you lol when you hit them.
But no, they're just freaking obstacle. I know since I've been shooting at them to get rid of my 9999 coins.

At least coin launcher gives us something...

@ topic: no research needs to be done. If coins is the problem. You can enjoy Adventure mode.
In fact for the curious mind... someone can research this. Yet this research would take an huge chunck of time and effort
verryy true

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I personally tend to ignore the thought of how many hours i've spent wasting myself on CL. I only play it when i'm extremely bored. I used to play it to get rid of coins but I found out it's more fun to waste them on spectating other people's matches, since i'm never correct on my assumptions.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
coin launcher is awesome >:D

My little brother who is 5 plays coin launcher regularly. im trying to get him to play brawl, but when we play he picks snake then just walks around and ftilts, and then cant recover. Oh well, someday...

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
coin launcher is awesome >:D

My little brother who is 5 plays coin launcher regularly. im trying to get him to play brawl, but when we play he picks snake then just walks around and ftilts, and then cant recover. Oh well, someday...
You just described about half the the currently existing Snake mains.

airsmasher

Smash Apprentice
Kind of unrelated...
I get so frustrated when a trophy I'm missing is blocked by a trophy I have already, or an invincible purple thing. Also, I hate it when the ones you need fly by so fast that you can't hit them enough in time.:mad:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
CL is pretty fun. I play it once in awhile. Although i can never get rid of the 9999 coins i have lol. I kinda missed that feeling in melee where coins were alot harder to get and achieve. once you spent it on the lottery it toke quite awhile to get more. Now in brawl it's just overwhelming XD

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
I remember the times that I used to use coin launcher just to relieve boredom and to get new trophies + stickers. Now, I use Spectator to relieve boredom and my coins just never leave the 9,999 mark anymore. I also got all the trophies and stickers so I find coin launcher now obsolete. But I do remember the times that it was still fun.

IMYP

Smash Rookie
Nothing.

Theyre just simple obstacles.
While it now takes half an hour for a new trophy to appear because I've gotten most of the trophies, I find it amusing to bounce the coins off of the sides of the purple balls and try to make them keep rolling when nothing is happening. So I wouldn't say they are just boring simple obstacles.:laugh:

Top Bottom