• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Ness's Rcovery...

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Be more observant. If the sandbag is right above you, use an aerial to hit it away rather than using pk thunder.

Needless to say, if you're being edgeguarded by the sandbag, your recovery technique could use some major work.

Shaky

Smash Ace
Be more observant. If the sandbag is right above you, use an aerial to hit it away rather than using pk thunder.

Needless to say, if you're being edgeguarded by the sandbag, your recovery technique could use some major work.
Internet sarcasm at its best.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
What a stupid topic.

What you want us all to laugh?
Try the Mario boards. MODS!!!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Unlock Sandbag and do bag dittoes.

AmazingXeno

Smash Cadet
Lol, I really just wanted to see what everyone would say, reactions, cheers, jeers, anything like that.
I'm not a Ness user so it was just for fun, kinda one of those joke threads for the laughs of it.
PK Phail... >.<

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Your wasting our time and cluttering the board with crap.

But since you said sorry...

Your forgiven. This time!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We took enough abuse way back when. x.x
The Marios have an ongoing joke about our recovery, just leave it be.

AmazingXeno

Smash Cadet
Lol I heard about the invasion from Veggi, a fellow Mario player.
Sounds F***in hilarious ^.^
He also posted this video in the Mario boards.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
gee, It Sure Would Suck If The Mario Mains See This Thread. It's A Good Thing They Don't Come Here Often.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It really wasn't hilarious...
Go play with your toys, that cape and water gun you got there.

Uffe

Smash Hero
That Pokemon wouldn't be able to recover at all. And if it did, it'd probably be a Team Rocket air balloon.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Lol. Wobbuffet vs. Wobbuffet.

IN BRAWL.
Brilliant!

They're just be all "-counter-" and the other one'll be at a loss for words and use Counter.
I'm rooting for duh one on the left. lolbrawl.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Mario's just jealous cuz we have a better recovery.

How do you edgeguard Mario? Just ledgehog. How do you recover w/ Ness, oh it's the same thing Lmao.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Mario has a FLUDD and Cape to prevent being Caped and FLUDD'd. Mario can also cape to prevent edgehoggers. If Mario isn't knocked out too far he can recover on stage. Ness is gimped regardless of of where he is.
No. Mario needs to charge fludd in the air and Fast falls to death.

Cape has a 13% of failing as well.

Ness can LOOP his PKT2.

Looping>Situational Cape+dangerous Fludd.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Also, Ness has a nice long second jump in which he can do a rising aerial to protect himself and he can do a reverse Pk Thunder recovery making it go towards the ledge and back to him.

AmazingXeno

Smash Cadet
Mario has a FLUDD and Cape to prevent being Caped and FLUDD'd. Mario can also cape to prevent edgehoggers. If Mario isn't knocked out too far he can recover on stage. Ness is gimped regardless of of where he is.
I have to agree with Veggi on this one, though u guys make a forceful argument.:laugh:

Veggi

Smash Champion
No. Mario needs to charge fludd in the air and Fast falls to death.

Cape has a 13% of failing as well.

Ness can LOOP his PKT2.

Looping>Situational Cape+dangerous Fludd.
Dude, I charge FLUDD and use FLUDD in the air all the time. You do not have to fastfall. Since when do we assume that Mario does not have his FLUDD charged when knocked off stage.

Cape does not fail, if someone tries to ledgehog Mario he can cape and up b before they grab it again. TRu FAX! If they don't let go they get stage spiked.

Regardless of what direction you start PKT at, FLUDD still pushes you away or outprioritize it. Also we can fire ball your second jump or cape your attack, which leaves you in the same position. This is assuming you had enough distance to recover with a double jump.

Uffe

Smash Hero
False. That part of your post makes you sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Which you don't.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Oh gawd here we go again >_>

Nesses have their ways of getting around gimps... trust me its not that hard. You act like a Ness ofstage against Mario is a done one.

Just drop it now. You're not gonna win this argument and neither are we. It's happened before and it got locked.

Uffe

Smash Hero
No, Earthbound360. If Ness is knocked off the stage, he's pretty much screwed. You're better off not trying to recover, even if you are above stage level.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Dude, I charge FLUDD and use FLUDD in the air all the time. You do not have to fastfall. Since when do we assume that Mario does not have his FLUDD charged when knocked off stage.

Cape does not fail, if someone tries to ledgehog Mario he can cape and up b before they grab it again. TRu FAX! If they don't let go they get stage spiked.

Regardless of what direction you start PKT at, FLUDD still pushes you away or outprioritize it. Also we can fire ball your second jump or cape your attack, which leaves you in the same position. This is assuming you had enough distance to recover with a double jump.
I'm joking you.

Levitas

the moon
There are angles at which Ness can recover, and this is all the more true if mario isn't given an hour to set up his edgeguard.

However, there are times when Ness cannot recover specifically due to mario's unique tools. Well, they'd be more unique if squirtle and pit didn't have them, but I guess he has a couple different things so w/e.

Uffe

Smash Hero
PKT6 does work, but it's easy to catch. If you fast fall > PK Flash and then PK Thunder 3, it basically throws your opponent off. Plus it's really good for a stage spike. More useful than PKT2.

Top Bottom