• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U About Direct: That wasn't even every stage!

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I'm assuming they will have to break the portable-vs-console thing to have a G&W stage on the Wii U version, and I'm hoping for Pictochat 2 to be in both versions as well. The miiverse page lists 45 stages for the Wii U version so far (26 new, 19 old), so it looks like the final count will be pretty decent. Brawl had 41 total IIRC.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Mario 2 stage from Melee never gets any love anymore. I'd like to see a Mario 3 stage for once.

I'm stoked about everything in the Direct, though. As for stages, Kongo Jungle returns after all these years, I love it. 75mm, even though I won't play on that as much as other stages, returns and I am happy. Nostalgia is where it's at.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
:4ludwig:It's too bad that Magicant is for 3DS only.

BTW perhaps a Castlevania / Dracula stage would be AMAZING!!! That or a Fatal Frame stage!!
Either way I can't wait to see Omega Luigi's Mansion!
:094::093::092::200::198::197::228::229::wolf::evil::grrr::reverse::drflip::mario::shyguy::sasukexumbreon::bomb::bowser:

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
I am curious why they decided to bring back Kongo Jungle from the N64 version, considering that no N64 stage was present in Brawl, not to mention how outdated the graphics are. Then again though, considering they kind of redesigned the look of Temple from Melee, they will most likely do the same thing with Kongo Jungle. I more or less hope for Kirby's Dreamland then.

Ever since Melee, the original 12 characters (or the original 10 franchises) have always had at least one new stage in each iteration of the game. Currently, only the F-Zero franchise and the Mother franchise do not have new stages revealed yet for the Wii U. I'm hoping that these two franchises will get new stages.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I just want Fountain Of Dreams and more Fire Emblem music for the series' stages.

...And 75m? Really?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
A question. Why is it even called 75m?
It's the height of the scaffolding you're on. In the original arcade game, every level takes place at a sequentially higher stage of the building that DK's on, so you have to follow him up to the top. It goes in degrees of 25 meters - so the first stage is 25m, the second is 50m, the third is 75m and the final stage is 100m. This is taken directly from the naming conventions of the original arcade game itself.

GoldWindRequiem

Smash Cadet
NNID
RicochetRocket
:4ludwig:It's too bad that Magicant is for 3DS only.
I'm currently praying to the lord right now and asking him if you can unlock Magicant via connecting to the 3DS version or some crap.

Magicant is one of those stages that needs to be on the Wii U. I mean come on, tell me that stage wouldn't look drop-dead gorgeous in HD.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Of course it wasn't. I guess they're holding off a few of 3DS stages appearing also on WiiU (like Magicant and Mute City, I hope) and a few others (I'm expecting at least two other oddballs in the vein of Wrecking Crew). It's weird to have two Mario Circuit and both Smashville and Town & City, but the incredible quality of all this **** makes up for it.
Let's break that ****ing 50 stages mark Sakurai. Bring it all the way to 60.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
Can you play in Omega forms of stages in the Wii U version?

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I love how the starting stage roster in SSB4 is about as much as Brawl's full stage roster.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
I'm currently praying to the lord right now and asking him if you can unlock Magicant via connecting to the 3DS version or some crap.

Magicant is one of those stages that needs to be on the Wii U. I mean come on, tell me that stage wouldn't look drop-dead gorgeous in HD.
AGREE AGREE AGREE

Strofirko

Smash Master
Yoshi wolly world,so this is like the first time we get content from an unreleased game in super smash bros.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Seriously, the melee ones are cool and all, but every stage in 64 was awesome, bring them back with (or without) graphical updates. I have a project M build with updated graphics and theyre awesome

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
Magicant... Oh, Magicant....

There is still hope.
Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Flying men hurt.
And your absence will too.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Magicant... Oh, Magicant....

There is still hope.
Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Flying men hurt.
And your absence will too.
Its worth noting that the flying man was on the direct part of smash tour.

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
I got every stage I really wanted (yeah Temple and Island Delfino!) except Corneria for the Wii U and Pirate Ship (no more swimming so probably won't be added).
Swimming is back, confirmed by GameXplain.

We can only hope that Pirate Ship is in.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Just a correction, Kongo Jungle (Congo Jungle in Smash 64) is based off of DKC1, not DK64. DK64 came out just under a year after Smash first came out.
I'm aware of what the stage is based on. DK64 is a pretty common name for that stage due to Melee's poor stage naming conventions. Melee introduced new stages with the names Kongo Jungle and Yoshi's Story while also bringing back the stages with those names from smash 64. This has caused endless confusion over the years, especially when trying to talk about the more fun Kongo Jungle (the stage with the waterfall and the rock); some people cannot be made to understand what stage you're talking about when talking about that one! A lot of people, myself included, always refer to any stage from smash 64 with "64" in the name as a way to highlight the stage is a smash 64 stage. Like if someone said they want to see Princess Peach's Castle back, I'd instantly assume they meant the Melee stage and not the N64 stage since, if they meant the N64 stage, they would have included the number 64 somewhere as an identifier (I usually call that stage Mario 64: Mario's stage from smash 64). It's messy and still imperfect (Brawl had two Yoshi's Island stages, each of which is on a different version of smash 4, and smash 4 gave the series its second Mute City), but it's an attempt to cope with Nintendo's continual failure to give each stage a unique name.

D

Deleted member 269706

So as of now, it seems that they aren't separating stages on whether or not they're returning, simply ordering them by series. Thoughts on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yoshi wolly world,so this is like the first time we get content from an unreleased game in super smash bros.
Melee had Roy from a then-upcoming Fire Emblem game. Melee released in 2001, Fire Emblem: Binding Blade released in 2002.

Shadow Moses Island in Brawl had MGS4 music and GEKKOs making a cameo. Brawl released in early 2008, while MGS4 released in mid-2008.

Smash having content from unreleased games is not unheard of.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
if you going to bring back stages bring back meta cystal. i want to fight on that without hacking

Last edited:

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
I believe we are at 45 stages for WiiU. Which is 4 more than brawl. and I'm pretty damn sure there are more we don't know about! this is too good.

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
I really wonder where the Pirate Ship is? I don´t believe that Sakurai don´t put this stage in. Because of Wind Waker for Wii U, the stage would be so great, with the new blue sky.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I can't see Pirate Ship, A Duck Hunt stage and a G&W stage not being there.

So far this stagelist looks ****ing glorious though. Jungle Hijinks and Kongo 64 make me moist.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So there is some stuff i'd love to see in:

- A Wario Land stage based off of Shake it

- A new G&W stage. The portability of the G&W games should not affect their appearance in Smash U. In fact, Pokemon X&Y is in it, too.

- A 2nd Mother stage. I'd be happy with either Magicant or Fourside/New Pork returning. My money is on Magicant, though

- Pirate Ship. Heck, Wind Waker is on Wii U so this one is a must.

- A 3rd Kirby stage. Only having the choice between ol' Halbert and mega bloated Cave offensive is a bit too less for a game made by sakurai and I can see Cave offensive being one of those maps you play when "you feel like it".

So yeah, these are the only ones which will make the stage roster fully rounded for me. :-)

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
I was honestly worried there would be no pokemon stadium, so I'm thankful for that.

Theres definitely more stages, just like there were more characters Sakurai tried to hide from us. Aren't we still missing some iconics like a mute city stage?

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
I'm ecstatic that they are bringing back N64 stages. They have to at least include Dream Land, Saffron City, and Hyrule Castle. On top of those, Fountain of Dreams, and this will be my dream stage roster.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
F-ZERO, MOTHER/Earthbound, and Game & Watch stage is quite missing at this point, which may possibly be a hidden stage. I just hope they won't just leave it as returning stage like they did to 3DS which look unsatisfying. Although now debunked, I hope one of the stages from that leak could be chosen as a lucky guess/coincidence.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Does anybody know what this stage is? Unless this is Pac Land or something, I don't see anything that really fits the description.
upload_2014-10-25_14-33-32.png

Perhaps this is a Duck Hunt stage?

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow

I think the fact that Flying Man is in Smash Tour gives Magicant a chance!

(Please Nintendo/Sakurai!)

Does anybody know what this stage is? Unless this is Pac Land or something, I don't see anything that really fits the description.
View attachment 28243
Perhaps this is a Duck Hunt stage?
Omega version of Pac Land.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I am pretty confident about there being a second new Pokemon stage. It might be from Unova too.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
There were 3 Pokemon stages in Brawl, and since there are 6 playable mons in Smash 4, and 2 Pokemon stages in the 3DS version, I imagine there will be 3-4 Pokemon stages here. Kalos League, Pokemon Stadium 2, and possibly either Mauville, Lilycove, or Foretree City from RSE because ORAS is coming out. If there's a 4th Pokemon stage, my money's on Saffron City from 64 returning

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I am pretty confident about there being a second new Pokemon stage. It might be from Unova too.
There were 3 Pokemon stages in Brawl, and since there are 6 playable mons in Smash 4, and 2 Pokemon stages in the 3DS version, I imagine there will be 3-4 Pokemon stages here. Kalos League, Pokemon Stadium 2, and possibly either Mauville, Lilycove, or Foretree City from RSE because ORAS is coming out. If there's a 4th Pokemon stage, my money's on Saffron City from 64 returning
3DS brought Unova Pokemon League (Black & White) and Prism Tower (X & Y). On the other hand, Wii U brought Kalos Pokemon league (X & Y). What I'm saying is that both versions uses opposite Pokemon stages to each other. If the 3DS uses Unova's Pokemon League and Kalos' Metropolitan symbol, and Wii U uses Kalos' Pokemon League, then the Wii U should use Unova's Metropolitan stage, which Nimbasa City can be a choice. The only symbolic part of Nimbasa that I can think of is the Ferris Wheel, but this is just my guess so I really don't know...

Top Bottom