• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About diamond and pearl...

Metadour-2

Smash Apprentice
Just incase you didn't know, the site's up, but who cares really, we've been on serebii and psypokes for the last year knowing everything there is to know, and we've seen enough youtube vids of DP and PBR am i right?

anyways, here's the topic(s) i wanted to discuss...

First of all, i'd like to know who's getting the games, and if you do get them, which version?
secondly, i had to ask the question...i reserved the version of pearl a while back, and i was told to receive the stylus(s) we had to reserve both versions. is that going on everywhere or did i get ripped off? not that i wanted it too badly, but it would have been nice to poke my little brother in the eyes with palkia.

Third, which starter do you plan on picking?
Lastly, do any of you plan on buying pbr? of course you do, right? (for those who have a wii). I've seen a lot of pbr vids, and i mean a LOT, but i just realized that i haven't seen any wifi double battle vids. I guess i'll try looking it up, but if you have the answer, is there any double battling going on wifi? and since i assume there's a 99.999% chance that there is, could someone please just send me a youtube link or something for one? for some reason my youtube won't work with me...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Diamond, but I dont really care that much.

I never heard anything about reserving both versions. Backhand them and demand your stylus.

Poochama. I dont care if that's not his English name. He'll always be poochama to me.

Pokemon Battle Revolution? Probably not, but I guess I will after a rice drop. I cant find anything about double battling for online.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
i am getting diamond, the legendary in that game is better than the one in pearl...
Actually, Palkia seems to quite a bit better. The only thing Dialga has going for it is its awesome typing. Then again, Palkia's isn't bad either. In previous gens, Water/Dragon meant no weak except for the occasional Elemence who can't OHKO Kingdra while getting Ice Beamed back. Now Meteoric Swarm with AG kinda makes dragon weaknesses glaring.

I'd take Pearl over Diamond partly because of the better legend, but mainly because Slowking's my favorite Pokemon. Lol. I kinda want Honchkrow, but eh =/ Mismagius is nice too. Salamence and Tyranitar are kinda hard to decide, but I'd probably take Mence, so Pearl for me :)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Choosing Diamond.

You get the stylus of the game you pre-order. If you want the case and both stylus than you need to pre-order both. I could care less about pre-orders.

I'm choosing piplup or turtwig. Probably piplup.

Dash, by "better" I think he meant "not ugly" and not better typing.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Oh lol. Well in that case, yea I guess. But I don't know. I personally think both the legends are rather fugly. But a lot of things are ugly this gen =/ Like Rhyperior for one...

Metadour-2

Smash Apprentice
yeah, the new pokemon definitely dissapointed me...there were so many new type combinations they could have put in, and evolved older pokemon that deserved to be evolved...why would you evolve lickitung? why pre evolve chansey? and TANGELA???

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
there is this strong ghost Pokemon that only comes out on pearl, that finally its better than gengar, so like i like ghost Pokemon's ill get pearl

Andromeda

Smash Lord
yeah, the new pokemon definitely dissapointed me...there were so many new type combinations they could have put in, and evolved older pokemon that deserved to be evolved...why would you evolve lickitung? why pre evolve chansey? and TANGELA???
Yea, Tangela really was the Pokémon everyone wanted too... :dizzy:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Now Meteoric Swarm with AG kinda makes dragon weaknesses glaring.
I've been trying to avoid knowing too much about D/P, but I have to ask, what's this?

Going with Turtwig, just looks too cool in his final evo, imo.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting Pearl.

No clue on the stylus issue.

I'll be getting Chimchar. I've started with the fire starter in every game so far and I'm not stopping now.

PBR looks like it will be fun and I see no reason not to get it.

bbbooster

RAINBOW FLOWER MEGA CANNON
Yea, Tangela really was the Pokémon everyone wanted too... :dizzy:
I did :(

Tangela needed some love.

I'm really glad they evolved Magmar, too (though OMG is it ugly!).
Now, for a Golduck evolution.... :p

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I've been trying to avoid knowing too much about D/P, but I have to ask, what's this?

Going with Turtwig, just looks too cool in his final evo, imo.
Meteoric Swarm is a Dragon typed Overheat, and Adherence Glasses is a special Choice Band. From Salamence's SpAtk, Meteoric Swarm with AG OHKOs Heracross and puts a big dent in its common counters as well. For example, Swampert usually gets OHKOed from a Meteoric Swarm unless it's some sort of freaky Swampert with lots of SpDef EVs. Lol. Bulky waters are classic Salamence counters, and in Advanced, most of them focused on Def and not SpDef. With max HP and no SpDef EVs, even Milotic gets 2HKOed by Swarm, counting the drop in SpAtk on the second one. Same goes for Vaporeon and Suicune.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's so weird to see alll those uninspired English names of the D/P gen pokes, while you've been playing the game for 5 months in Japanese.

Lolhi

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
If you're asking whether the pokemon move when summoned then yes they do. But I think only the opponent's pokemon do this though.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Both. The animations just look different. Some of the animations are pretty flashy I should say.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh cool, thought they were going to pull a 3rd Gen, where they were animated in crystal but not in R/S.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It's so weird to see alll those uninspired English names of the D/P gen pokes, while you've been playing the game for 5 months in Japanese.

Lolhi
Most of the names are pretty much the same as they've always been. Some of the names are even exactly thev same when directly translated.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Piplup, Spiritomb, Wormadam, Chatot?

Glameow, Purugly, Gabite, Garchomp?

FISSION MAILED :p

Lickilicky is the only name that really owns XD

Metadour-2

Smash Apprentice
Fission Mailed.
Fission mailed indeed.

Seriously here people, i know this is off topic, but you think we could get a little more creative than dialga and palkia...I WONDER WHICH ONE GOES TO WHICH VERSION DERRRR...

last time i checked the first gen didn't include a pokemon called i'mayellowmouselookingthingwithelectricpouchesonmycheeksachu

so dissapointed...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Piplup, Spiritomb, Wormadam, Chatot?

Glameow, Purugly, Gabite, Garchomp?

FISSION MAILED :p

Lickilicky is the only name that really owns XD
I didn't mean the names were good. I meant that most of the names haven't been particulary inspired in the first place. I would agree that this gen has the worst naming I just don't think it's much worse.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I need the info, I need the one for GBA since I don't have a DS. Secondly, yes I will buy PBR for my wii. Lastly, I am going to start off with Chimchar. Chimchar is a monkey and monkies own all!

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
I didn't mean the names were good. I meant that most of the names haven't been particulary inspired in the first place. I would agree that this gen has the worst naming I just don't think it's much worse.
IMO this gen has the worst naming by far. No original naming, all crappy simillar names to old pokemon and I doubt they put any effort into these names.:ohwell:

Top Bottom