• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda A Zelda Movie?

Spire

III
BRoomer
If Link encounters any boss besides Ganon in the movie, they'd probably be:
- Gohma
- Dodongo
- Volvagia
- Phantom Ganon
- King Bulblin
- Stallord

I could see them taking a lot from Twilight Princess come to think of it. It's the closest thing we've seen to a Zelda movie (officially).

UberMario

Smash Master
I would rather not see a Zelda movie be made. How many video game movies actually got decent ratings?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh come on, The Super Mario movie was awesome in all of it's horribly written glory.

I still see people buying it from time to time at Walmart, in the $5 movie bin

Mercurium

Smash Rookie
I would rather not see a Zelda movie be made. How many video game movies actually got decent ratings?
Tomb Raider got 19% on rotten tomatoes. LOL.
I've only seen Advent Children, and it was pretty ****ty. They do throw buildings at each other, but that gets boring after the second one or something, and it goes on for like 30 ****ing minutes or something.

If they do make a Zelda movie though, the TP mailman would have to be in there. He's like the best non-triforce character in the series.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I've always thought TP would make for a good movie, it just seems the most movie-like, they could make the freedom fighters or whatever they were called from Telma's bar have a bigger role

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Zelda as a movie could work, if it were CG. Or have it in the style of Watchmen. If anyone has seen the new movie Immortals, I recommend to go see, the cinematography is amazing by itself, and quite similar to the style I could see a Zelda movie being in. The issue I could only see is having Link being the main character, but not talking. We all remember that cartoon from the 90's, with more cheese than a pizza, but that might need to be the route producers go to make a movie. They can't pull a Harry Potter and niche it down to those who read all the books by movie 3, (seriously, I gave up by then), but if they can pull a trilogy together from one Zelda game, or elements of all games to create a new world, I'd go see it. Maybe that's me nitpicking, but regardless I'd be there opening night.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Zelda as a movie could work, if it were CG. Or have it in the style of Watchmen. If anyone has seen the new movie Immortals, I recommend to go see, the cinematography is amazing by itself, and quite similar to the style I could see a Zelda movie being in. The issue I could only see is having Link being the main character, but not talking. We all remember that cartoon from the 90's, with more cheese than a pizza, but that might need to be the route producers go to make a movie. They can't pull a Harry Potter and niche it down to those who read all the books by movie 3, (seriously, I gave up by then), but if they can pull a trilogy together from one Zelda game, or elements of all games to create a new world, I'd go see it. Maybe that's me nitpicking, but regardless I'd be there opening night.
holy crap, Yoshi! blast from the past, man.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
That depends on what game the movie might be based on.
There already is one full length movie loosely based on OoT but I hated it the whole way through. It was like the writers had watched more Zelda cartoon than played OoT.

AS for a real movie, the IGN trailer was breath taking but I feel like what is truly necessary is a pixar animated movie written by Japanese anime writers with it's own not taking from any game but using the models of for characters off of a mix of OoT and TP. Honestly if they get real actors to do the voicing rather than bad anime dubbers it could be amazing.
What happened to that independent Zelda movie that was being made?
It premiered and was terrible, as for the other 10, you'll be waiting until the land fills with water before they actually get to an editing stage.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Despite that I have some doubt for this, It would be pretty cool to see a movie based on a video game by Nintendo.
Although, I just hope it doesn't turn out the same as the Super Mario Bros. Film.

It has received a lot of negative reception but I thought it was nice and all.
Including the Costumes and the make-up.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Part 1
It just doesn't transition nicely from interactive 20+ hour video game story to 2-3+ hour part of a trilogy. As is OoT is more immersion than story, if it were to be made into a movie it would have to be less about getting to the sages and more about one man's journey to defeat and evil
or one child's journey into manhood
They'd have to write a deep plot with some serious dialogue. This would probably end up being terrible, as all the fan movies have. I'd rather they pay no attention to OoT and just made a Zelda movie the same way they'd make a game. Take your stock characters and settings, throw them into a new scenario with it's own story and add another point on the time line.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Agreed that most of the games wouldn't translate well into movies, I'd probably say Zelda, Metroid, and team ICO's games are the three series' that exemplify video game storytelling in a way that only really works in video games, it's great for what it is but the technique is too specialized to translate well into other mediums

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know how a book is always longer than the movie? The same can be said here. Also, Harry Potter and Twilight have more than three movies... I think 2 movies of OoT, one for Young Link, with a little entrance of Adult Link, and the finishing movie, would be just fine. Some changes can be made to make the dungeons look not as long, but show a grand fight againts the Boss of the stage, while skipping some scenes that aren't so tramatic, or shrink them in some way. Quite frankly, there a fewer problems than seen.

BTW Anime Young Link VS Anime Dodongo=Win

For an off note, all I want to happen is an SSBB anime. JUST sayian.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
You know how a book is always longer than the movie? The same can be said here. Also, Harry Potter and Twilight have more than three movies... I think 2 movies of OoT
while that's true I don't think 'collect the 3 keys to get the sword' /end is a proper film and anything they due to add to the story via creating a story besides kill ganondorf to save the world btw I'm zelda nice to meet you would just make fans angry. You can't please fans.

Some changes can be made to make the dungeons look not as long, but show a grand fight againts the Boss of the stage
The mangas did this and they SUCKEDDDDD

JUST sayian.
lol

Edit: If you guys really want to watch OoT that badly rather than play it I'm surprised no one has brought up the idea of tv show. It would work much better in episodic format and spreading OoT across two seasons of about roughly 26x22 would leave room for 1 hour+ for temples and preserve the other characters and side missions which bring about that rich immersive story that OoT is all about. The main story...let's face it, is just backstory of hyrule+sheik=zelda now lets beat ganon, hard enough to stretch it out to one movie and make it good let alone 2. Any other way would just be large cutscenes of each temple when you could just play the damn thing.

Top Bottom