• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A video up for critique

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
After playing Rykoshet and analyzing this video that Ryko uploaded of the match, I thought I was being way too offensive. That and Frigate hates me :X. But anyway, how could I have been more defensively oriented besides using retreating Fairs? Besides that, I don't know how I could be more defensive. Please thoroughly critique my Ike based on this video. I want to know what I was doing wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0MaP91e-ns&feature=channel_page Good game by the way Ryko.

Palpi

Smash Hero
2:06 eruption was i guess a little offensive. And if you know an ike that can do walk off dairs, get back to the stage. Your first death could've been avoided. You seemed to be doing a lot of fairs the 2nd half of the match, and Ryko just shielded and punished you every time. The Quick draw at 1:55 put you in a fairly bad position. I think you played really good, fun match, few dumb thing happened, but thats frigate for you.

I need help on this too, try to change up approaches or even bait or force your opponent to approach, especially with Ike if any of your decent approaching aerials gets shielded, you are getting punished.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Wtf???

Were you sandbagging in that Pit match you posted up last week? ._.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
you did very well at first,with the forward smash:D loved that
your jab game was awesome
but the spikes that Ryko went for were so pro D:
and the stage just plain liked him lol
saved him twice:p

ggs

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
in terms of defensiveness i think that baiting attacks is the way to go. he's playing ike and you are too, which means you know what ike can do, so use that and space everything not just fairs so that he misses and you can punish. i know its easier said than done, esp. against someone like ryoko, but still the principle is what you should apply to make your defensive game better

•Col•

Smash Champion
No, I actually hate Frigate. I usually never pick the stage, but it was a random stage counterpick so Frigate got chosen :o.
Ah, I thought you did cuz you played that Pit on the stage last week, and Ryko this week, and you say that you played on it against Pierce too. xD

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
It seemed to me Ryko was off his a game towards the beginning. -_-

The stage screwed you like 3 times xD

I guess you could try to not approach as much, use QD to retreat and I barely saw the upsmash. My brain is fried over SF4 so my advice may not be too coherent

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
*shrug* As it stands at this point anything you get hit for is a mistake, a wild departure that you get hit for is not necessarily any more of a mistake than mis spacing something normal and getting hit for it. If I had hit him it would have been like 20ish damage, I decided to go for it.

Ike Hero

Smash Rookie
oh yeah i remember this match lol it was a really good one actually. Well in my opinion there were amazing things happening. Like when Ryko was out of the stage the moving platform would come and save him. lol kinda rediculous but neat if u ask me. well u had the match but it was those problems i explained that caused u to lose ur victory. But good match u 2. :D

although Ryko was being very smart in strategizing his attacks and knowing when to use aether so the platforms would come to his rescue and use them to his advantage.

Top Bottom