• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A theory I have.......

James177

Smash Rookie
This theory is very possible, and might possibly enhance the Ice Climbers Metagame, and Sakurai hinted this when he talked about meteors, that's right. He said that only Nana could meteor, BUT it's not just the fair, it's getup attacks(as seen in Hylain's combo vid) Fsmashes, but these are the only ones I know so far.

So I need help in finding setups and ways to make use of this, and help testing. :chuckle:

An example of the Fmash is when you desynch it, the first hit is from Popo, then followed by Nana, which carries the momentum and them semi-meteors them. I'll get a vid on this soon enough. :Ohwell:

lain

Smash Master
If this is as sexy as I think it might be.... D:

Or it might be a flop like 98% of threads here nowadays.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
If I'm understanding this correctly, you're saying that Nana's getup attack and fsmash (and possibly other moves) have the potential to spike or semi-spike?

Hmmmmm.....

James177

Smash Rookie
If I'm understanding this correctly, you're saying that Nana's getup attack and fsmash (and possibly other moves) have the potential to spike or semi-spike?

Hmmmmm.....

Yes , I've been thinking about that lately, I wondered why a Nana fsmash after a popo f smash would send the opponent at a wierd trajectory going downwards, but then I saw Hylian's combo vid , which justified it even more. I think this is just Fmash, get up, and f air. I'm pretty sure it's the swinging motion Nana makes which causes the meteor, but the proplem is setting it up. :urg:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm not too confident in your theory, but good luck. =/

James177

Smash Rookie
That sounds really cool! Keep at it, and keep us posted with whatever you find. IC have so much potential.
Mmk. NEWS: the Meteor in Hylian's combo vid is just a stage spike.
But that's not the evidence I was counting on anyways.
This meteor(if it is) is going to be very situational, but helpful.
Anyone have any ideas of how to test this, as I don't even know how to set it up.
But I've noticed how a Nana getup attack, on land, not the ledge, won't brake Popo's grab, and the getup from the ledge won't either.

I have a vid that will probably be published by the weekend, problem is it's on land, but we can still have a good idea of what happened.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I've noticed this as well, in particular with the Nana hit of a Dash Attack.

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Mmk. NEWS: the Meteor in Hylian's combo vid is just a stage spike.
But that's not the evidence I was counting on anyways.
This meteor(if it is) is going to be very situational, but helpful.
Anyone have any ideas of how to test this, as I don't even know how to set it up.
But I've noticed how a Nana getup attack, on land, not the ledge, won't brake Popo's grab, and the getup from the ledge won't either.

I have a vid that will probably be published by the weekend, problem is it's on land, but we can still have a good idea of what happened.
I'll have to check it out! I've been a bit busy lately so I haven't played any smash in a week. Although I look forward to the video your going to publish, anything to help us IC against them meta knights! ^_^

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I've been spiked by a lot of attacks before, such as dash attacks, and Up-Smashes. It has to do with the opponent's DI. Sometimes an attack that won't normally spike may spike or semi-spike if the opponent DI's down.

Top Bottom