• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Strong Body is the Base of a Strong Mind

⑨ball

Smash Ace
AKA the Wii Fit Trainer's Side B Special "Header" thread.

What is it and How does it Work?

[Like This]

WFT's header is a lot like her. Fairly simple if not a little weird looking, with tons of depth waiting to be explored.
Performed with any horizantal direction pressed simultaneously with the B button,it makes WFT do a small jump from either the ground or her position in the air, generate a soccerball ,and spike it with her head downwards.

• It acts very similar to an UpB/third Jump in that once you have enter the air, you are only allowed to use it once, before hitting the ground again, unless you are hit out of it or after it.
  • It will always turn WTF in the direction you pressed towards.
  • If a soccerball has already been generated from earlier usage, she will instead perform the jumping and headbutting attack without it.
  • After inputting it, you can either:
    • do nothing letting her strike the ball normally sending it diagonally downwards
    • press B again to strike it farther sending it in a straighter arc
    • cancel the strike with shield sending her into free fall
Damage and Knockback

A little data on the move and it's custom variants as provided by the awesome, @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans , will show that both the ball and her head have hitboxes with their own unique damage and knockback properties.

Attack|Damage|Knockback|Notes
Header Ball|8%/9%/8%||Deals 8% near time of generation, 9% during arc, and 8% after the bounce
Header Headbutt|15%||Spikes

Weighted Header Ball|11%/12%/13%||Deals 11% near time of generation, 12% middle arc, and 13% end arc
Weighted Header Headbutt|15%||Spikes
Huge Header Ball|5%/4%/3%
Huge Header Headbutt|15%/10%

Get'cha Head in the Game, WiiFi:The Headbutt
Bonus points if you get the reference.

This part of the move remains the same in every variation of her side specials. With the small exception of damage variation shown above on the Huge Header headbutt.

As said above, the headbutt portion of this move is an attack that contains spike properties, being able to send anything it hits into a diagonally downward trajectory. This makes it a great move for edgeguarding as it won't be something as easily recovered from, if at all. Seeing as it also doubles as a projectile move, this make whiffing it near walled areas where the soccerball may bounce back (Such as the Fire Emblem stage) a very good option covering move.

The hitbox of the headbutt, as expected, is near her head. It has two trajectories down-forward if hit with the front near her forehead, and down-back near her ponytail. A spike in her head may seem detrimental to her play at first, until you realize that being a relatively fast move as well as one of 3 spikes, means that not only will you more often than not out speed an opponent trying to spike you, if you whiff, you have 2 other spikes to attempt if you feel so inclined.

This move also make WFT jump slightly up before going into her animation giving her a very good move for air stalling, and recovering without using her second jump as well as some interesting ledge play.

In particular, because of the vertical rise in the move, it can be used to rise along the bottom of sloped stages like battlefield, grabbing the ledge without ever using your UpB. This can also be used to generate a ball on stage, and hit an unexpecting, opponent with it from behind, sending them out off the stage. In turn with a quick getup attack from the ledge, sending it flying upwards. Or used at the ledge with a quick shot to send a ball shooting across the floor.

At certain percents that I believe to weight related (25% for lights / 31% for meds / 40% for heavies), this meteor smash done on the stage will force opponents into a techable meteor bounce. Before those percents for each weight class it will simply spike them down with the damage appropriate hitstun.

The Ball

The ball generated itself is also a tool to be reckoned with as it has multiple properties that make it very unique and very dangerous. The first to take note of is that it does decent damage. This is nice as it is, but has the added benefit of not suffering from stale move negation. Unlike many other projectiles (such as the Sun Salutation), the only fluctuation in damage that the header receives, are the ones mentioned above tied to it's life span. This means we have a spammable zoning tool that can have consistently decent damage. Get fit, indeed.

That said, spamming projectiles might not be the best idea in a game where every other character that doesn't have a counter has some type of reflect...for other characters anyway. The interesting trajectory of the default header shots tends to mean that it will only be reflected back up where it came from. An area WFT will have much earlier departed. Even in the rare cases like trying to hit someone offstage and getting it reflected back at you will fail often, as the lifespan of the normal header is short. Short enough in fact, that in those rare cases, it will disappear into smoke before ever making contact with you. Usually just in time for you to generate another brand new one to keep up your assault. This also makes it a great tool for recovery as it can tag opponents jumping out to you, or on the stage with good aim.

It also has decent recovery from both strikes letting her set up devastating zoning patterns with Sun Salutation. They can also combo into each other at higher percents or lower with the right angles.

Calling the Shots and The Angles

Headers default angles being diagonally down and straight forward arcs are nothing to sneeze at, but they're not the only one's she has at her disposal.

As she can cancel the headbutt portion of the move with shield, this also lets her control which attack to hit the ball with, and as such the trajectory it travels at. This not only helps her zoning and space control, but helps her approach as well, as many of the moves used to strike recover faster than the normal attack, letting her follow it in and continue pressure, or in the case of aerials, strike at the same time. Keep in mind that while you can always launch the ball in whatever direction you can manage, it is affected by gravity and thus travels in an arc that bends about 20° as shown above.

Be wary going for these shots however, as if the opponent hits the ball first it will become their projectile and act as such.

In any case, here are the one's I've found:

Default Special Side B -- Header

[ALT Degree IMG]

210/330° : Side B + direction input towards angle desired.
·Side B cancel, FF, UpB​

240/300° : Jump, Side B cancel, FF, use the spike hitbox of fair to send it towards angle.

270° : Side B cancel, FF, Dair

180° : Side B + B quickly
·Side B cancel, FF, Bair twds desired angle. (note: hitting the ball does not remove the hit box from Bair)
·On ledge, Side B +B quickly
· Against ledge or close to wall, Side B / + B quickly (note: sends in reverse pressing B does fast does not change angle)
·Side B cancel, FF, Sun Salutation​

30° : Side B cancel, FF, Dtilt (note: the angle might actually be closer to 20/25 if delayed)
·Side B under sloped stage, grab ledge, getup attack​

20-25° : Side B cancel, FF, back hitbox(foot) of jab

150° : Side B cancel, FF behind the ball, Dtilt (sends forward)
·Replacing Dtilt with Ftilt works here aswell for forward facing angles.
·Replacing Dtilt with a FF Nair also works. Use Both hits for a slower shorter travel, and one hit for a faster and longer shot
120/60° : Side B cancel, FF, back hitbox of Ftilt for a further shot, Utilt for a slow&short shot (note: Upsmash works here as well, but having such a thin hit box makes it harder to direct)
60°: Side B cancel, FF, Uair

====================================================================

Matchup Tips and Tricks using Header

Also of note is that this is great for the Rosalina MU since you can use it to stop the Luma Shot cold in its tracks.
Super unrelated but using this move in Endless Smash while ledgecamping is a great way to build up KOs safely!!
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know, that if you use side-b normally in the air. You get the side-b landing lag almost no matter how high you are. So, if you don't cancel your header, you should probably use a quick aerial before landing.
Misc and Yet to be Tested

• The lifespan of the ball seems to be tied to the first collision it takes. Whether this is from WFT or the ground seems irrelevant and starts the timer on it's expiration. This is neat since it let's you cancel from very high to do things Dair shots at sharper angles than normally available.
  • Damage appears tied to the lifespan. Ala fresh balls will do 9%, near death balls do 4%.
  • Weaker moves like jab(hand hitbox) will move the ball and activate it's death timer without giving it a hitbox.(hurtbox still exists) Allowing for some surprise trick/secondary shots.
  • No shots that go directly up...yet.
  • I don't really like the custom specials outside of Smash Runs, but for completions sake I'd like to have info for them here to if anyone who uses them can contribute
  • A really deep side-b on sloped stages will place the ball in the stage and push it out onto the stage depleting it's lifespan before it can even be struck.
  • The front part of Fair can also be used but has such a short life span that it might not be worth it.
  • Fully charged Sun Salutations can hit the ball for a slightly higher angle(around 30°) but is seriously a waste seeing as you can do that with other moves and retain your charge
  • Dair shots depend on where you hit the ball with the hit box and can make multiple shots
  • WTF recovery animation for Side B cancels is the same as her UpB (The GOAL pose “ヽ(´▽`)ノ”)
  • The sprites above are by Potemkill and SmithyGCN.
  • Degrees are written as if WTF is Player 1 in default position. [x]
  • Bad shops are my fault. My new prison is shame.
  • Added videos from @Fancykong and @DRU192
  • Added simplified/focused thread on lagless header by @Gatoray
  • This character is seriously too much fun.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1 . 4

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Header ATs and Custom Headers Use

Header Lag Canceling

Beware the airdodge-like lag you receive from header! At any point you use it in the air, the moment you land, you will go into her landing animation as if you did it normally from the ground.

• You can avoid this by doing any other move before hitting the ground such as Nair which only has 14 frames of lag. Or before landing simply start charging a Sun Salutation. It give you the added option of B-reversing for air movement, and can cancel instantly into shield giving you all the options you'd have otherwise including simply firing off your other projectile.

Lagless Header Shot
Having such a great move can be a bit of bummer to use if you're always being punished for using it anywhere that's not fullscreen. Luckily each of the headers have an autocancel height similar to MK's tornado and dimensional cape:
    • @Gatoray's Thread on the technique
    • Simply do a short hop before inputting your sideB twice quickly. Upon landing you will have no lag and be able to do anything you would have otherwise. As of version 1.04 Weighted header no longer needs to be at just above full jump height to autocancel and works just fine at the same heights as the others.
Video Demonstations thanks to @DRU192 and @Fancykong :

Charge Cancelled Header
Nothing can be scarier than seeing one of the charge move characters boldly charging their respective projectile kill moves. This is why for some people it's much better to just attempt jumping it. This is a bad idea against WFT however as unlike the other characters that have such an option, she can fire another projectile directly out of the charge state and follow up with no lag.

• To do this, while charging sun salutation, cancel into your shield, before your shield actually forms, cancel with a short hop, and once in the air use a fast header shot to immediately fire a lagless header to cover that space.

Jab Header
As you might have noticed in the misc section above, jab header was originally only used for fakeouts. However a few recent discoveries has made this a powerful option that puts on pressure, sets up grabs, and increases damage x2 at the least. First, here's how to set it up:

• Like most trick header angles you start by using header, canceling, and then fast falling [...]
Now for the variants:
  • Fake Out Header -- Simply jab the ball once after fast falling.
      • This header does not have a hitbox by the time it reaches his opponent through it's natural arc, however it can be struck again, much like huge header, greatly increasing the damage you might have gotten without it. It also double as a false projectile, providing pressure and setups against those unaware.
    • Pummel Crush -- After jabbing the ball, follow it in on your opponent. Grab and immediately pummel.
      • If you Uthrow directly after, this can result in a whopping 21% off of a pummel and throw!
    • Heavy Dash -- Jab the ball and dash after it hitting it with a dash attack.
      • The dash attack will strike both the ball and your opponent doing 15%(more than Ganon) and considerable shield damage. This may actually break shields with reverse fair if you can land it.
    • ShoopDaHoops -- Jab the ball and dash after using UpB to strike your opponent and the ball for 12%.
      • Opponent will fly in the direction your hoops are leaning so make sure you aim away from the place you plan to land.
    • BHP(behind the head pass) -- Jab the ball and dash forward performing a pivot ftilt landing with back hitbox of the move hitting both the opponent and the ball.
      • Does 18% if I recall. Puts opponent in perfect position to ftilt or dash grab at low percents.

• Actual Jab Header -- After fast falling step forward slighty to jab the ball hitting with the back of WFT's jab hitbox.
      • Puts a hitbox on the ball before coming into contact with you meaning it won't combo like the others as it will bounce off of the shield or opponent's hurtbox instead of passing through them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Huge Header Custom Angles

Most angles available to default header are also available to the huge header, and as such, there's no need to go over them again. However it should be noted that there are several completely unique usages in huge header that you can use to hit your opponent with.

120/300 -- Header cancel, FF, reverse ftilt
This will launch the ball upwards behind you and over your head falling down onto anything in the area. This is particularly useful for risk maneuvers like Fsmash or grabs as the ball will cover you if anything should happen. It will also get launched a second time when it comes in contact with any hitboxes, aswell as staying active for some time if it does not controlling space like DDD's gordos.

Double aerial shots
Because huge header has much more weight to it than the default ball, it actually does not travel very far from the normal side b inputs, this is a good and bad thing as it makes 180/0/360 angles very difficult to land, but also gives her access to many of her shots in the air and off stage, creating some very powerful traps and strong hitboxes you can throw out on reaction rather than preemptively.
    • After a fast input just simply use the aerial of choice to get your corresponding angle, or for low recovery traps, hit the ball above them and then fast fall onto them with an aerial, following up with your second jump and aimed shot once the header drops to your level.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Of all the possible strategies I've done with the character, I've mostly depended on the Deep Breathing due to not figuring out how to effectively use the spiking move for battle. Maybe if I take these notes of yours into consideration, then I could perfect the control of the move before taking on the Fighting Mac Team in For Glory.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Indeed. Lil Mac suffers in the recovery department, so a Nair>Header combo is going to be devastating near the edge.

I think all the Header variation's headbutts have that non-spiking 10% sourspot, but I haven't been able to figure out where exactly it is. Also, I don't think the ball's lifespan is collision dependent. I'm pretty sure that it lasts a set amount of frames unless hit by a non-header attack (i.e. the opponent attacks it/you airdodge-cancel your header and attack it with another move). Also also, its damage isn't lifespan dependent, it varies depending on the number of times it has bounced along the ground after being initially headbutted. For example, the Huge Header ball has something like a 4%/5%/4% damage output along its first arc, then 4%/5%/4% along the second, then 3%/4%/3% along the third, and 2%/3%/2% along the fourth arc. I didn't include that in my data tables yet because I was tryna compile more or less accurate damage information, and was also thinking of how to present the data in the table without bloating it up too much. Also also also I don't think you're limited to one Header per air time.

Nevertheless awesome job with this thread, especially taking the time to record all of the most common possible angles for the ball based on attack. It's seriously useful. Header is a seriously underestimated zoning tool, and is amazing for when you're trying to recover. Very rarely does the opponent see the ball coming if you've launched it from the magnifying glass zone, and you can even use it to plank to some degree. Getting extremely familiar with the feel of the ball and its trajectory is pretty much mandatory.

Also of note is that this is great for the Rosalina MU since you can use it to stop the Luma Shot cold in its tracks.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Who do I pay to get threads like this on every character sub-forum? Fantastic.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I think all the Header variation's headbutts have that non-spiking 10% sourspot, but I haven't been able to figure out where exactly it is.
If I had to guess, it's probably somewhere in the center seeing as both the front and back of her head spike but in different directions.

Also, I don't think the ball's lifespan is collision dependent. I'm pretty sure that it lasts a set amount of frames unless hit by a non-header attack (i.e. the opponent attacks it/you airdodge-cancel your header and attack it with another move).
I thought this originally too until I started gathering ledge game stuff and saw that weird inner stage generation thing. I'm sure it naturally has a set amount of frames, but I think this is decreased immediately to or by a [death time] as soon as it hits something. Even if you simply cancel it from normal height and do nothing it doesn't last as long as say, a normal header from double jump platform height. It also gets more bounces in some variations like the stage skipping header. Yet even right next to a large character, a header that comes into contact with an opponent will disappear shortly after.

To sum up my thoughts, I imagine it's something like this:

on.Press(sideB)
{generate.Ball}
ball.Lifespan = x
upon.Collision{ ÷ x by y}
y = (some low number like 2)

when(x = 0)
{kill.Ball}​
;

It's the only thing that would explain why that stage glitch kills the ball so fast, why an untouched canceled ball dies without ever hitting anything, and why a freshly generated ball that hits an opponent still dies extremely fast.

Also also, its damage isn't lifespan dependent, it varies depending on the number of times it has bounced along the ground after being initially headbutted. For example, the Huge Header ball has something like a 4%/5%/4% damage output along its first arc, then 4%/5%/4% along the second, then 3%/4%/3% along the third, and 2%/3%/2% along the fourth arc. I didn't include that in my data tables yet because I was tryna compile more or less accurate damage information, and was also thinking of how to present the data in the table without bloating it up too much.
This bit was just a guess, as I got some pretty weird numbers trying to find as many useful angles as possible including 3%, 4%, and 6%.

I'm sure now that can't be right, as a dtilt shot does 7% whether it has to cross the stage to hit, or is done right in front of an opponent. Even delayed to the second bounce it still does 7%. I also got jab a jab shot which I thought could only be used as a fake, to take 6 on a platform, yet after traveling shortly it loses it's hitbox.

I don't know about the custom headers, but the default one I'm sure has nothing directly to do with the bounces. For example, on FD, a normal header that doesn't bounce does 9%. One that bounces does 8%. We know this much. However a header that is hitfrom double jump height without bouncing does 10%, and if it bounces it does 9%. Even further, a header that hits from the magnifying lens without bouncing does 11%. This also applies to the ledge header that can bounce 3 times before it disappears(tying into my other theory) but does 8% whether it bounce once or twice.

So maybe it has to do with the speed it travels, with gravity increasing the speed and therefore the damage when coming down from on high, and keeping it constant when traveling at a straighter arc?
This might also explain why an Utilt(being weak in knockback creates a 6-7% hit that loses it's hitbox, despite being the more damaging attack, and the kick hitbox of jab does 8%.

This move is crazy in depth. In any case, looks like as expected there's more to learn about the move. Looking forward to your data tables update.

Also also also I don't think you're limited to one Header per air time.
This one I am sure about. Try it out when you get a chance. Even if the ball dies, unless you land or are hit after using it, you can't generate another ball or even go into the headbutt animation. It's similar to Project M's free-fallless recoveries where you can do normals but can't use the move again.(Wouldn't surprise me if that's where they got the idea in the first place.)

Nevertheless awesome job with this thread, especially taking the time to record all of the most common possible angles for the ball based on attack. It's seriously useful. Header is a seriously underestimated zoning tool, and is amazing for when you're trying to recover. Very rarely does the opponent see the ball coming if you've launched it from the magnifying glass zone, and you can even use it to plank to some degree. Getting extremely familiar with the feel of the ball and its trajectory is pretty much mandatory.
Thanks and agreed on all the following statements.

I'm adding this to the OP.

Last edited:
If I had to guess, it's probably somewhere in the center seeing as both the front and back of her head spike but in different directions.
That sounds like a good guess, I'll check it out.

I thought this originally too until I started gathering ledge game stuff and saw that weird inner stage generation thing. I'm sure it naturally has a set amount of frames, but I think this is decreased immediately to or by a [death time] as soon as it hits something. Even if you simply cancel it from normal height and do nothing it doesn't last as long as say, a normal header from double jump platform height. It also gets more bounces in some variations like the stage skipping header. Yet even right next to a large character, a header that comes into contact with an opponent will disappear shortly after.

To sum up my thoughts, I imagine it's something like this:

on.Press(sideB)
{generate.Ball}
ball.Lifespan = x
upon.Collision{ ÷ x by y}
y = (some low number like 2)

when(x = 0)
{kill.Ball}​
;

It's the only thing that would explain why that stage glitch kills the ball so fast, why an untouched canceled ball dies without ever hitting anything, and why a freshly generated ball that hits an opponent still dies extremely fast.
Huh, I didn't know about the stage generation thing, sounds really interesting! So do you just time the header so that the ball comes out parallel with the stage? In either case then this is definitely something that should be looked into more, since keeping track of the ball's lifespan will probably be important to good WFT play.

This bit was just a guess, as I got some pretty weird numbers trying to find as many useful angles as possible including 3%, 4%, and 6%.

I'm sure now that can't be right, as a dtilt shot does 7% whether it has to cross the stage to hit, or is done right in front of an opponent. Even delayed to the second bounce it still does 7%. I also got jab a jab shot which I thought could only be used as a fake, to take 6 on a platform, yet after traveling shortly it loses it's hitbox.

I don't know about the custom headers, but the default one I'm sure has nothing directly to do with the bounces. For example, on FD, a normal header that doesn't bounce does 9%. One that bounces does 8%. We know this much. However a header that is hitfrom double jump height without bouncing does 10%, and if it bounces it does 9%. Even further, a header that hits from the magnifying lens without bouncing does 11%. This also applies to the ledge header that can bounce 3 times before it disappears(tying into my other theory) but does 8% whether it bounce once or twice.

So maybe it has to do with the speed it travels, with gravity increasing the speed and therefore the damage when coming down from on high, and keeping it constant when traveling at a straighter arc?
This might also explain why an Utilt(being weak in knockback creates a 6-7% hit that loses it's hitbox, despite being the more damaging attack, and the kick hitbox of jab does 8%.

This move is crazy in depth. In any case, looks like as expected there's more to learn about the move. Looking forward to your data tables update.
Yeah, after making my post, I began to think about how the header ball is just the soccer ball item, and how that item's damage output is a function of velocity. So yeah actually the ball's damage output is probably also velocity dependent, which would explain why hitting it with different moves produces different amounts of damage. Though I'm not too sure about the magnifying lens part... were you at 0% when you used the move? I actually think its velocity is constant for each individual arc, since the soccer ball item also maintains a constant velocity until it literally just stops in the air and drops down. I might be wrong though, since I haven't payed that much attention to that part of the move.

This one I am sure about. Try it out when you get a chance. Even if the ball dies, unless you land or are hit after using it, you can't generate another ball or even go into the headbutt animation. It's similar to Project M's free-fallless recoveries where you can do normals but can't use the move again.(Wouldn't surprise me if that's where they got the idea in the first place.)
Man well if that really is the case then that blows :mad:

shapular

Smash Ace
You know Brawl has free-fallless recoveries too, right? Most of the ones in PM are the same ones from Brawl (except Mewtwo and maybe some others I forgot). Sakurai didn't take anything from PM, and taking anything from that crap mod would have been a horrible idea anyway.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So much science in this post. Excellent work!

I didn't know about the shield cancel thing very nice.

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
I just want to say: Fantastic job! This is super helpful and well put together. This is exactly the type of threads we need right now to help develop the strategies and metagame for each character.

Wii fit trainer, much to my own surprise, has become a new favorite of mine. I just love how she/he play - with the quirky hitboxes and unusual projectile game. I look forward to putting all this knowledge to practice. Bravo.

Scala

Smash Ace
Another useful trick I found with the soccerball:

hang on the ledge, drop down and quickly do a side b. If you time it right she'll poke her head just above the stage, shoot a ball, and grab the ledge again. It's really similar to when yoshi throws eggs onto the stage from the ledge.

Anyways it makes for a really good surprise and it helps create some space for you to get back on the stage more safely.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
We need a video showing just how amazing of a move this really is! Bravo ⑨ball! I didn't even know you could cancel the ball. I'll be sure to use this move more often now.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699

hang on the ledge, drop down and quickly do a side b. If you time it right she'll poke her head just above the stage, shoot a ball, and grab the ledge again. It's really similar to when yoshi throws eggs onto the stage from the ledge.

Anyways it makes for a really good surprise and it helps create some space for you to get back on the stage more safely.
I was abusing the **** out of this today, it's really good. Between this, a wall jump (into a very good b-air), a solid recovery and 3 spikes we have a really good ledge camping game even with the old invincibility reset gone. Awesome find Scala.

I should add that this seems to destroy Mega Man basically by itself.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace

Indeed~
There are two variations I've found in case you didn't see them both in the OP. The one you mentioned, which sends the ball straight across the stage, and the one in the headbutt section above. This one uses sloped stages like Ferenox Arena to generate a ball on stage and strike an edgeguarding opponent from behind grabbing the ledge after.

(:

Last edited:

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
This might sound like a stupid question but is there a way to not generate a ball or extend the time that the ball could stay out?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Holy ****. I'm impressed at the work that went into this. I think that unfortunately, Big Header is a much better move than Header 1 and will almost universally replace it in tournament if custom moves are legal. I'd love to see an in-depth post about that one if that ends up happening.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Big Header is better for space control, weighted is best for damage, default header is best as a secondary projectile/sniping. For now I prefer the default because of it's life span and found angles, the combination makes reflects useless against it, and even hitting it back at her will take to long from a zoning position.

Indigo said he was waiting to collect all the correct data before adding it to his thread on the specials [here] iirc. So that'll be sweet. I plan to add the customs here eventually too as they'll definitely have there place in matchups regardless of personal preference or playstyle (like the lil mac matchup).

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Super unrelated but using this move in Endless Smash while ledgecamping is a great way to build up KOs safely!!

Great work on this thread so far

Diabolique

Smash Cadet
I'm having difficulty hitting the ball after canceling it mid air.

It seems by the time I complete the landing animation, the ball is almost about to disappear and the bounce it does makes it really hard to take advantage of with ground moves. I can't seem to Dtilt, Ftilt etc. the ball. I managed to hit with the back foot of jab 1, but by the time I hit it, it literally went two feet from me before disappearing.

Is there an easier way I'm just not seeing?

Crezyte

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know, that if you use side-b normally in the air. You get the side-b landing lag almost no matter how high you are. So, if you don't cancel your header, you should probably use a quick aerial before landing.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I'm having difficulty hitting the ball after canceling it mid air.

It seems by the time I complete the landing animation, the ball is almost about to disappear and the bounce it does makes it really hard to take advantage of with ground moves. I can't seem to Dtilt, Ftilt etc. the ball. I managed to hit with the back foot of jab 1, but by the time I hit it, it literally went two feet from me before disappearing.

Is there an easier way I'm just not seeing?
Are you fast falling the cancel?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hey, I was messing around in online and I think I found a new use for Header. When you've knocked someone off the stage, go into a setup with the Header. Feint it and then either hit it with some attack for a given angle or go after them for the kill depending on your conditioning. I don't play her much these days, but I thought I'd toss this tidbit to you guys. Almost sounds like a Guilty Gear setup.

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
My new favorite move with her and easiest way to spike with the header is when they are by the ledge and at slightly higher percents (~50%) is to do your full jab>jab>jab and bury them then side B since they can only pop up. The timing depends on percents, and you can do it onstage for like 30%. I always had trouble following up after they got buried so this is wonderful news for me. Gah imagine how brutal it'd be while deep breathing.

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
Don't know it were mentionned anywhere but there is some kind of glitch with the ball if you do the Header twice on the same ball.

Let's say you do the Header cancel to the right. If you the Header on the same ball in the opposite direction (so left here), the ball will still go to the first inputted Side-B so here to the RIGHT!

Maybe useful for mindgame and easier to pull off on a stage with platforms.

Top Bottom