• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Starter of a Gem

gnosis

Smash Lord
Yeah, shouldn't the title be "A Gem of a Starter"¿ or something
A gem of a blank is a commonly used phrase.

Piplup, though, in a punny twist, is a starter of a gem. That is, he's a starter of Diamond/Pearl origins. Now, what's a diamond? A gem. So, by the powers of substitution, he's a 'starter of a gem'.

:D

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Meh, it still doesn't make sense to me. However, Piplup is cool, because he was my starter in Pearl. Empoleon would've been awesomer though.

M.K

Level 55
Stupid Items dominate most of this and last week....the least he could do would be spread them out a little...>.<

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Piplup rules. I love Penguins and Pokémon.. but I would have preferred Empoleon. I guess Blastoise is coming back so Empoleon would be kinda White Noise..especially if he did Hydro Pump.

I really hope we get a PC tomorrow.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Well, if he's announced most of the starters, there's not a whole lot left. There's special moves, half of which we know, and their final smashes.

Not a lot of "interesting" content to spread out over 2+ months.

Drake3

Smash Ace
At least the pokemon are more fleshed out. Instead of having a ball with ears just run from point A to B, we have an actual pokemon attack.

Weed

Smash Lord
Why does he need to release every single minor Pokemon?

When I play the game, I want to be able to say "Whoa, wasn't expecting him to be there"

Now it's gonna be like "Oh, him.."

NukeA6

Smash Master
Piplup rules. I love Penguins and Pokémon.. but I would have preferred Empoleon. I guess Blastoise is coming back so Empoleon would be kinda White Noise..especially if he did Hydro Pump.

I really hope we get a PC tomorrow.
I have a feeling that we're getting a stage.

ChronosMagnum

Smash Apprentice
Wow, the days till Smash are going by fast..
On another note, we might see a surge of more pokemon and AT updates soon...

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Piplup is my least favorite of the three, but hey, his attack seems pretty cool. Buizel would be awsome if he ever made the cut as a Pokeball, with a deadly bubblebeam attack. Heres hoping!

I should probably inform you that he isn't going to put up a snake profile until the games release
Boy, do you look like a fool.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
I was expecting Turtwig or Chimchar the week after Piplup, and the last one the following week. Deidn't happen, but it is a shame. But they have to get in Pokéballs dammit! Turtwig FTW!!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I was expecting Turtwig or Chimchar the week after Piplup, and the last one the following week. Deidn't happen, but it is a shame. But they have to get in Pokéballs dammit! Turtwig FTW!!
I think the Assist Trophy updates are more popular, because it can be ANY Nintendo character, and not just Pokémon.

But yeah, I'd love to see Turwig and/or Chimchar. Thing is, what would either of them do?

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I think the Assist Trophy updates are more popular, because it can be ANY Nintendo character, and not just Pokémon.

But yeah, I'd love to see Turwig and/or Chimchar. Thing is, what would either of them do?
I'm guessing Chimchar will do Flame Wheel. I have a feeling Cyndaquil is coming back, so now Flamethrower for Chimchar. Yes I know in Melee both Cyndaquil and Charizard used Flamethrower..shush.

Turtwig could use uhm.. bite? I see it doing a physical attack.. I dunno why.

I had an Idea that Steven Stone would be an assist trophy. He was on Sakurai's List. He could send out either Aggron, Metagross or Skarmory. They would all do something different then he would return his Pokémon and leave.

Top Bottom