• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A smash club at your school!! (updated, read pg. 24, #356)

Miharu

Smash Hero
There's a 'smash club' at my school. Kind of, it's like part of a Video Game/MTG club. We usually just play during lunch. My school is Independence in San Jose. Any smashers that are close by?
-Raises hand-

That'd be us. And we don't have an official smash club at school, since we got banned from our room. We might get it back, but we don't know at this point.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
The club at my school is a very wide and versitle one, but not in a good way. They end up playing a variety of games, and it's always like this: they suck at the good games, but they're good at the sucky games. The only time the club was ever in a real lively mood is when our crew brought Smash for a couple weeks. I never even got eliminated... poor souls. They're planning another school tourney... if they come to their senses and host a Smash one, we'll just go in and tear down the house again. And we aren't even associated with that club; we're mere visitors. :chuckle:

darkatma

Smash Hero
There's a 'smash club' at my school. Kind of, it's like part of a Video Game/MTG club. We usually just play during lunch. My school is Independence in San Jose. Any smashers that are close by?
Ooh San Jose..

Where exactly is this school? Depending on the area in san jose, you guys COULD be in a pretty ideal spot for high school smash

iankobe

Smash Lord
The club at my school is a very wide and versitle one, but not in a good way. They end up playing a variety of games, and it's always like this: they suck at the good games, but they're good at the sucky games. The only time the club was ever in a real lively mood is when our crew brought Smash for a couple weeks. I never even got eliminated... poor souls. They're planning another school tourney... if they come to their senses and host a Smash one, we'll just go in and tear down the house again. And we aren't even associated with that club; we're mere visitors. :chuckle:
Oh yeah, how do you guys plan tourneys? The reason why I'm asking is because I think that schools are closed on Saturdays. Aren't they?

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Hmm, I know that the students think of a time, place, date and such, and the teacher who keeps track of the club approves of it. He helps organize too, but it's the club's job to get most of the things put together, like entrance fee, sign-up sheet, and battle conditions. They always do it in the cafeteria on the 20' projector, but that place is usually occupied.

I know that bad people have to go to Saturday school, but I think it's only open to them. I'm not sure, it's not in my nature to approach a school on a weekend.

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
its not purly smash, but theres a computer/videogame club and i run the smash tournaments for it.. (smash gets the best turnout)

iankobe

Smash Lord
Cool. So do we all use that program now-a-days or there are other programs too? Oh btw, whats the difference between single/double elimination?

darkatma

Smash Hero
Cool. So do we all use that program now-a-days or there are other programs too? Oh btw, whats the difference between single/double elimination?
Haha oh yea you're from socal, you should already know nealdt's program. Uhh iono a lot of people use it :p I think it's quite useful

And single/double elim.. Single elim is when you lose a set, you're eliminated. Double elim is if you lose a set, you go to the loser's bracket and then have a second chance. Most people agree that double elim is fairer.

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
We need more tourneys in fremont, I don't want to go to San Jose. Especially when I get a ride from my mom. <_<

Miharu

Smash Hero
Hmm, well, If I my application is accepted, I'll have a part time job, and I'll be able to get a new car. And this car will be able to go on freeways, so I'll actually be able to go places now XP

If I get the job that is.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
hey, i'm trying to get a smash club going on at my school but the principal is really strict, i put in a request to see him and the meeting is comming up soon. How can i convince him to let me make this club? has anyone else here had to talk to someone important to organize their club and if so what did you say? i'm about 80% sure he's gonna say no but i'm thinking about getting a big petition going on for this club to pass. any help, suggestions or experiance would be appreciated, quickly!

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
I might start an in-school smash tourney here. Depends on if I can convince ppl to stop playing Madden and Fifa for once and play SSBM XD

FireBomb

Smash Lord
You guys got it better than us. We need to pull away our club people away from anime and Naruto games. At least being addicted to sport games like Madden is somewhat honorable. They decided having a Halo tounrey besides a Smash one... I'm gonna cry.

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, well, I don't have much competition either and I ain't that great myself. My friends get pissed though when I wavedash away from a dash attack then screw 'em over with Marth. An school tourney would gimme time to do something other than hw.

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
well, in my case, ima talk to my student council about it. all i can say is just ask everyone in the school to see if there's some interest and roll with it. you said your principal is strict, though, so he might play the egocentric "As principal, I'm like a god at this school and I say no" (that's happened to me too many times).
that's my opinion though.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
That would be pretty awesome. I can't believe I haven't thought of it before. Maybe I am a noob...

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
lol I'll admit I'm ultra noobish. I can only practice against level 9 computers and it gets annoying and makes me worse than I started. The kids I've played at my school aren't hotshots either, but meh, wastes time.

nuro

Smash Lord
I just sent in my petition for my new videogames club. I had one class which was computer repair and I could tell a lot of gamers were in that class. Fortunate enough, my teacher was talking about starting a chess club and I saw him talking with a student about their petition for the chess club. I just asked the teacher if it was possible to start a videogame club. Since my teacher is extremely awsome(and plays age of empires) he said that he would be the advisor. So I just went around and added the names of all the students in my computer repair class. By the end of the class I must of had at least 20+ names on my petition.

After that I just went to the main office and gave the petition in. I'm crossing my fingers if it get accepeted. I'm going to **** everyone in smash!

Spot

Smash Cadet
There is a Nintendo Club at my school and we play SSBM everyday at lunch. Much funs.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
I can only practice against level 9 computers and it gets annoying and makes me worse than I started. The kids I've played at my school aren't hotshots either, but meh, wastes time.
I know how you feel. You just have to believe.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
eh, unfortunately, my school doesn't have a game club or anything to start with. My school is filled w/ stupid wannabe gangsters, rappers, and people who revolve around saying how they do drugs when the obviously don't. I'm the only dang smasher at my darn school too. :urg:

iankobe

Smash Lord
hey, i'm trying to get a smash club going on at my school but the principal is really strict, i put in a request to see him and the meeting is comming up soon. How can i convince him to let me make this club? has anyone else here had to talk to someone important to organize their club and if so what did you say? i'm about 80% sure he's gonna say no but i'm thinking about getting a big petition going on for this club to pass. any help, suggestions or experiance would be appreciated, quickly!
no body with useful advice huh?
I'm here to help. First of all, the principal is NOT in charge of the clubs in the school, however, he/she needs to approve it. So, you need to first find out who's the one that is in charge of Clubs and Orgs. It'd probablly the activites office people. So try to ask around and find out how to form a new club.

Now before you do anything, check how you can form your own club first and we'll go from there.

Come back and tell me what they say.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the help iankobe, next period i have to talk to my principal about the club, i'm hoping to feed him a bunch of BS about targeting kids who don't play sports and some other things along those lines, i'll probably be back in a half hour or so to let you know if its worth me asking for more of your help or if i got canned.

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
the "Video Game Club" at my school has more or less become the "Smash Club that might have some other game like GH2" and people have gotten tired of me winning so much, see thread "What to do?" in the samus section for details.
people can be annoying.

dingodilemaster

Smash Rookie
I have a smash club with about 15 people of my class We have a tournament obout 1 time in the month I win almost everytime :)\
these are our favorite characters
me:ganondorf
J.fire:super mario
Koper l.:yoshi
EssI:yoshi
eefinator:dr.mario
spammer:kirby
00s9:luigi
miraniod:c.falcon
peterinator:ness
mr. smackdown:Ice climbers
rumbler:peach
barbarian:bowser
king of the kong:donky kong
blubbie flubbie:pikchu
mini blubbel:pichu ( I hate it when he and blubie flubbie want to play togheter against me I esily pound them
bonz masters:mewtwo ( he is almost always my final oponent)
Those names are just how they like to call thereselves, blubbie and mini blubbel are good friends of eachother

iankobe

Smash Lord
A brand new generation

I'm not really trying to revive this thread, but I think this is the best place where I can put my thoughts in again for the next generation of Smash.

Since Brawl is going to be out by the end of this year, as a President of my (ex) high school's smash club, I believe its a big chance to start the Smash fever again. And so, I encourage all of you smashers out there to try to get together as a group with your smashers and try to make a club at your school. High school, or college, it doesn't matter. As long as there's a club.

I'm doing this to courage all of you because I'd really want to start a smash club community where we can have crew battles around school campuses. Unfortunately it didn't work last year when I was still in high school because there weren't any smash clubs around my city.

Please and try your best to get this going. Brawl WILL attract more and more people to the smash community.

R0D4N

Smash Cadet
Well my principle is a drunk and won't let us have any fun club. For example, my friend Jae wanted to start a Manga Club, so she got the art teacher to sponsor her and got over 150 signatures but the drunk came up with some lame *** excuse spouting some BS about it being against Wake County regulations. (Which we checked beforehand and there were none:mad:) *beaver* Dam drunk.

Top Bottom