• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A small thank you to the ZSS Boards

Phillyfanboy

Smash Apprentice
I just want thank you guys and gals(?) here at the ZSS Boards, you peps have greatly imporved my rookie ZZS is mere days of training, I got a long way to go before I feel comfy with my Zairmus in a one on one, which is why Id like to let you guys know we're reading what your posting and hunger for more. So try to find time to post more stuff, I don't care what it is, I want to read and see more.

I'd like to throw out some kudos to:

NefariousB
D. Cake
Super Model from Paris
The Guys who've dropped some great guides.
and anyone who has added any good input on ZZS.

Thank you and love your boards!

I'll be lurking.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I just want thank you guys and gals(?) here at the ZSS Boards, you peps have greatly imporved my rookie ZZS is mere days of training, I got a long way to go before I feel comfy with my Zairmus in a one on one, which is why Id like to let you guys know we're reading what your posting and hunger for more. So try to find time to post more stuff, I don't care what it is, I want to read and see more.

I'd like to throw out some kudos to:

Nef ariousB
D. Cake
Super Model from Paris
The Guys who've dropped some great guides.
and anyone who has added any good input on ZZS.

Thank you and love your boards!

I'll be lurking.
See, it's posts like this that make me realize just how good the ZSS boards are, and how successful they've been in their lifetime... And also makes me realize how much more I have to do to get the Kirby boards to get "thank you" threads. :urg:

oze6000

Smash Apprentice
ZSS board is a surprisingly good community, probably attributed to the fact that few people play as her (apparently if you're not on character select people think you can't be selected. =P) and the effort put forth by the most experienced people on these boards to understand and perfect ZSS. Tight community led by strong individuals.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Yeah its alright I guess, we don't have too many scrubs coming in giving ****ty advice and we got enough well informed people to keep most of the bad ideas out doesn't stop them from appearing though *grrrrrrr. I know this is a problem because I am one of those scrubs giving ****ty advice in other games, at first then I learn how wrong I am shut up for the most part for 2-3 months then come out on the non-scrub side.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
No problem, I enjoy trying to improve my game and feel that in some way by helping others they might be able to help my game out in the future or give me a new outlook on the game. Watch some vids if you haven't already and get a feel for the pace and thought process that the top players play at, and you'll continue to improve to the point where you can add valuable insights for the rest of community.

And good luck, ZSS is tough to get used to but like norad said a truly fun character to play.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I find the ZSS boards to be, well, a bit out of place on Smashboards. It always strikes me as really odd to come on here because its like a completely different board. It behaves more like SRK than Smashboards to be honest, which felt odd at first, and still does at times, especially since I come from the most lax character board on the entire forum, and it still feels a bit odd sometimes. Maybe its because everyone here plays other games outside of Smash.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I find the ZSS boards to be, well, a bit out of place on Smashboards. It always strikes me as really odd to come on here because its like a completely different board. It behaves more like SRK than Smashboards to be honest, which felt odd at first, and still does at times, especially since I come from the most lax character board on the entire forum, and it still feels a bit odd sometimes. Maybe its because everyone here plays other games outside of Smash.
Yeah we do feel closer to SRK than the rest of smashboards, I really wish we were a bit more like DustLoop, but ohh well.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
ZSS boards are good because of Delicious Mother****ing Cake. It's too bad she doesn't post much these days, cause she always sets the record straight.

But yea, good on ya for using ZSS. It's good to know our hard work in figuring out this really unintuitive character is paying off for other people. We put in the time on this board so that other people can learn from our mistakes. Keep it up.

Phillyfanboy

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I'd have to agree these boards are much closer to SRK, then to AiB, (where people ask for ZZS Hentai..X/) I've been playing Brawl since day one and lurking the Boards just before the game came out. The things I 've noted to be different from some of the other boards since I first got here are that the top players who first started posting here STILL do, not alot of pointless threads, and people post more than once a month. Also I forgot Snakeee and Noradseven, thanks guys :).

I been thinking about starting or someone could start a thread for ZZS moves dicuss, it'd be something like each week or month we focus solely on one move and disuss its pros and cons, ways to use it more and in matches try to focus on using it more. We could try to finding new uses and mindgames with the said move. Start with the frame data (that we have) and compare it to the other cast moves that are similar (ie. Side tilt v.s. Snakes side tilt or G&Ws, etc) point out the which outranges what and beats out what. Add pics and vids for visual learners. Get indepth on the way and why our top ZSS players use the moves and get their thoughts on them from them. No matter how bad the move or her grab is it should be discussed indepth.

This would be a huge undertaking, but it would be done by the whole ZSS community giving input and would be a monthly thing. What we'd end up with is one huge guide on ZSS moves all in one spot with input from all who care to give any. It'd all be on that first post in order and all pretty with pics and vid links and colored fonts. Plus us rookies would learn alot and by the act of going back to moves the pros gave up on they might discover something new. This could help the metagame and raise ZSS up the tiers.

Just a thought on a new thread.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Wow nef, I found FFbair on shield to pivot ftilt the best way to attack a shield so far. It's fast and punishes a shield drop faultlessly. A jump OOS is too slow to punish it too. because of the FF bair ftilt hits with the tip, which is ultra safe :o

noradseven

Smash Lord
I like her ftilt alot, what do you use in place of it?
d-tilt or jab, is better in almost every use the 1 exception being the fact that f-tilt has a slightly longer range than d-tilt.

Also do a standing dtilt otherwise you might as well do f-tilt.

Pivot d-tilt is only 1 frame slower than f-tilt, and its far safer on block and leads to better positioning on hit and dodges highs.

Pivot jab is 2 frames faster than f-tilt, and punish's jump outs and stuff most OOS options.

f-tilt option selects this but it performs both tasks at a lower level, it does have a slightly better range though.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Philly didnt you used to main Lucas?
I think I saw you in the Lucas boards a few times...
ZSS is a great character!
My 2nd main!
I love this community too

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I found jab more punishable then ftilt, ftilt also has a better shieldknockback which makes shieldgrabs absolute. Also makes it overall harder to punish with oos attacks (marths upb)

Phillyfanboy

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I use to main Lucas. I'll still play him. Along with Snake, Marth, and Lugi. ZSS has kinda took me tho. I'm into her, this might be helped by the fact that she has a strong community behind her. Wish the lucas boards where a bit more active, it can't be help tho, with Lucas tier place as of now. ZSS seems to be in a good spot to climb, is this true or has ZSS been topped out?

solecalibur

Smash Master
Yea, I use to main Lucas. I'll still play him. Along with Snake, Marth, and Lugi. ZSS has kinda took me tho. I'm into her, this might be helped by the fact that she has a strong community behind her. Wish the lucas boards where a bit more active, it can't be help tho, with Lucas tier place as of now. ZSS seems to be in a good spot to climb, is this true or has ZSS been topped out?
Nah zss has more room in the tier list but not by that much
because we are still developing new stuff for her pretty easily

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Doesn't Ftilt also serve as a better anti-air? downtilt is really weak against jumping. They don't have that option against forward tilt

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
But we have multiple good options against aerial approaches in the first place, with uair being the most obvious. Ftilt to me just seems like I get punished too much for using it. It's punishable on block and has weak enough kb that at low percents they can punish you on hit, and it doesn't even put them into any combo or juggle situation so it's not like the move is high reward either.

Xonar I'll try what you're talking about because not gonna lie I have pretty much written off the move and you could be right that the shield kb is enough to make it usable.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Yea the Lucas boards just needs to liven up a little
Theres not that many of us:(

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Xonar I'll try what you're talking about because not gonna lie I have pretty much written off the move and you could be right that the shield kb is enough to make it usable.
Bair > ftilt is lethal especially if there are armor pieces on the ground, just do it and pick up an armor piece. If they don't spotdodge it's pretty much a shieldbreak and if they do it's easily punished :laugh:

Phillyfanboy

Smash Apprentice
Bair > ftilt is lethal especially if there are armor pieces on the ground, just do it and pick up an armor piece. If they don't spotdodge it's pretty much a shieldbreak and if they do it's easily punished :laugh:
B-air > F-tilt does that much shield Damage, wow. I can't test well cause I'm not able to play with human. I'll keep that in mind.

I should make a that new thread on ZSS moves. We're off topic and haveing a great discussion that might get over looked due to this topic's name.

Also, is there a sweet spot on her B-air?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Ftilt just has a long cool down for me and messes up my flow, and combine that with its low knockback, I don't really ever use it, though Xonar is intriguing me.

And I kinda agree with SFP, people definitely overrate down tilt. It's good in certain matchups, pretty mediocre in others. IMO uair and bair are our only moves that you know you can spam no matter what matchup, the rest are all situational.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Snakeee once said that ftilt goes through gaws bair, which actually made me experiment with the move, now I sorta use it as a standard move.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Ftilt just has a long cool down for me and messes up my flow, and combine that with its low knockback, I don't really ever use it, though Xonar is intriguing me.

And I kinda agree with SFP, people definitely overrate down tilt. It's good in certain matchups, pretty mediocre in others. IMO uair and bair are our only moves that you know you can spam no matter what matchup, the rest are all situational.
Ohhh I don't think d-tilt is nearly as good, its like a 3 star move but its our best ground attack, and between it and jab almost completely invalidates f-tilt except in a few times, thats why I mention it all the time cause people keep mentiong f-tilt.

noradseven

Smash Lord
What Gender is Cake?
Cake is both

For more amusment ask snakeee how he feels about his gender or read zelda social boards(also known as post about your sexual deviancy, and other crazy ****).

Actually scratch that everyone read the whole zelda social thread its great.

Zero

Smash Hero
Oh I already know about it Norad.

SFP should post a thread about everything everyone on #ZSS has confessed to him.

Charby

Smash Journeyman
Buffered Uair/Bair are her best OOS option but well they dont work on all characters ( yeah they dont work on MK ^^")

Top Bottom