• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Ranking of Spikes in Brawl (Update: 01-05-2009)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Technically the defenition of spike was describing a move that had a hit direction that sends you downward. Ganon's is more of a grab, like bowsersides. Ganon can stomp anyways - who doesn't want to stomp?.
But it's a grab...that sends you downwards. o_O

So by your posted definition...it's a spike.

???

I know he can stomp, it's not like Ganondorf is going to side-b into the ledge as an edgeguarding tactic.

But this is for the sake of knowledge. ._.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Ganon's forward special doesn't really apply a launch force at all. That's why it's out of the running.

Adapt

Smash Lord
The initial power for Ganon's D air 1 must be wrong...

The math won't add up if that initial power is true...
grounded or aerial?

iirc, when I was testing, luigi's dtilt and Marth's dancing blade (3rd hit) both send the opponent downwards at a 70-80 degree angle and therefore are not true spikes.

And about Ganon's side-B, ColinJF is of course correct For whatever reason it does not apply a launching force. Btw Colin, do you have any idea what force it applies that sends the opponent downwards?

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Wow so a good ganon can set up a mind game with Down+B spike, when he's dying! (sorta like Kirbycide)

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
I noticed Ike's Eruption isn't on here. But then again, it'll be difficult to do consistent experiments with the move to find the needed details. Then there's also the matter of how pratical the spike may be.

Top Bottom