• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A.R.K. - Arkansas Regional Knockouts! - Little Rock, AR - 04/03/10 - 8 Games!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
H
er

[chamberlin, memphis] alone makes that a LONGSHOT
oh I see, don't even include me. Now my feelings are hurt, so I won't show up for sure! :3

Naw arby, you got this! If u can beat vicey u can win...well at least there's hope to get a respectable loss at the worst lol

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
H

oh I see, don't even include me. Now my feelings are hurt, so I won't show up for sure! :3

Naw arby, you got this! If u can beat vicey u can win...well at least there's hope to get a respectable loss at the worst lol
if I lose to you and you're not even at the tournament, I don't think I could ever show my face again

Sudai

Stuff here
Bah, like 10% chance I'll be going. I need to be in Baton Rouge this weekend so that makes my trip much longer, but IShouldBeStudying actually is off so I might drive to his place and ride with him.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Bah, like 10% chance I'll be going. I need to be in Baton Rouge this weekend so that makes my trip much longer, but IShouldBeStudying actually is off so I might drive to his place and ride with him.
Hope y'all can make it. From all that talk I hear, it should be easy money for ya ;)

Vts

Smash Champion
Hope y'all can make it. From all that talk I hear, it should be easy money for ya ;)
I can get you the TVs earlier around say noon i can stop by but i won't be back there until 10:15-10:30 pm when i get off.

still working on switching schedules with someone for morning shift but i'll keep you posted, also whats ur number so we can figure this out?

AR_ACE

Smash Rookie
Anyone in Little Rock that needs a ride??? I can fit one more =) Are melee teams gonna be played??? If so, anyone need a teams partner...I almost did a wave dash today so improving fast ...

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Anyone in Little Rock that needs a ride??? I can fit one more =) Are melee teams gonna be played??? If so, anyone need a teams partner...I almost did a wave dash today so improving fast ...
We didn't plan on it, but if there is sufficient interest at the tournament, we can always consider it. We're here for y'all. We want y'all to have as much fun as possible. Get people on board with that and we'll do it.

BTW: Please tell your friends about this tourney. We want our Smash tournaments to have huge turnouts. Thanks guys.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the triple post, but this is an important update.
All drivers (especially people from out of town): Please message me if you want my number. Sometimes traffic can be iffy and I don't want anybody to make the trip and get screwed because bad traffic means they're late. We encourage people to try to arrive early, but **** happens.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Since CvS2 isn't on the schedule (I accidentally left it off), it'll be a "Set 3" game.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
yea I was gonna come but with 15 entrants I wouldn't be able to fund my trip lol if this is a regional I would anticipate 40 ppl and I kinda wanna play sudai again lol

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
yea I was gonna come but with 15 entrants I wouldn't be able to fund my trip lol if this is a regional I would anticipate 40 ppl and I kinda wanna play sudai again lol
It's $10 tourney fee so that should add up. Anyway, sorry I can't be more specific with my numbers but I got so many maybes and not enough "yeah we'll definitely come." We'd still love to have ya, but it IS a drive and gas prices add up. Thanks for the interest though. If you change your mind, we're always here.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Depending on how tommorrow goes, what kind of frequency are we looking to have for this kind of event?

Is this an awesome oneshot or can we expect a yearly thing?

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, so I officially won't be able to go. Neither will ISBS. :/

Domo, I'm gonna try to go to the next one of these so you can play me there if you can go to that one. :p

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Depending on how tommorrow goes, what kind of frequency are we looking to have for this kind of event?

Is this an awesome oneshot or can we expect a yearly thing?
Well, I think the first thought that went through our heads was "let's do something for a community before we go to Med School and we'll see how it pans out." Then, as the event went on people kept asking when the next one will be, etc. so now we are thinking about hosting another one soon. Best case scenario? One will happen within the next month or two, but don't bank on that being a high reality. Mike and I are going to Europe then Evo this summer so not a lot of time to plan. However, next case scenario, we'll have one near the end of the summer around July/August. WORST case scenario, we have built a pretty strong community in AR that I am proud of. I can't speak for the Smash community personally, because I know there's already a strong foundation there with VTS, Chamberlin, etc, but at least for Street Fighter, we've gone from 2-3 people to now 20-30 people that strive to get better every day. The guys that I hang out have told me personally that they will keep this community alive and well. Don't you worry, we will have more ARK tournaments to come.

As for the event, it went GREAT. Except for the Smash turnout haha. Off the top of my head, I think I remember having a higher Melee turnout than Smash. It was like 13 people each or so. We had a turnout of 38 for Street Fighter. We had almost 20 each for BlazBlue and Tekken. About 10 for TvC and CvS2. I want to think each and every one of you that came out to support us. It was great fun and a lot of work. I apologize for any inconveniences, especially to the guys that traveled. We were a little short-handed and did not meet the schedule as well as we should have. I believe everyone had fun though and we have definitely learned for next time.

Yeah, so I officially won't be able to go. Neither will ISBS. :/

Domo, I'm gonna try to go to the next one of these so you can play me there if you can go to that one. :p
Sorry you couldn't make it. We would've loved to have you. We had people from OK, TX, AR, MO, and TN but noone from LA. Next time though.

One last thing- tournament results are up: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=270996. It's kinda a brief summary, but more will be updated in the coming days.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Off the top of my head, I think I remember having a higher Melee turnout than Smash.
What? xD

It kinda sucks that it was on this date though, cause a lot of people dropped out (it seemed). Can't please everyone when you do a multi game event though. Better luck next time.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
What? xD

It kinda sucks that it was on this date though, cause a lot of people dropped out (it seemed). Can't please everyone when you do a multi game event though. Better luck next time.
Ah, it's all good. We still had a pretty good turnout- about 60-70 gamers from 5 states. That's the price to pay for putting it on Easter weekend with WHOBO going on at the same time right? Anyway, glad to anyone that could make it. I hope y'all had a ball!

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
I got to admit that was some fun stuff, and actually a bigger turn-out than I thought. It's REALLY awesome to see the AR community growning gaming wise, I've been wanting something like this for the longest.

I'm also happy that I got to play peeps in SCIV offline, I really needed that shiz.

Hit me up if you doing this again cause I will make it an effort to be there, and maybe have 3 with me. I gotta redeem myself in brawl/TvC, I didn't get to place top 3 in either! Tha Shogun hurricane will most def be in effect!

GG's to all that I played.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
I got to admit that was some fun stuff, and actually a bigger turn-out than I thought. It's REALLY awesome to see the AR community growning gaming wise, I've been wanting something like this for the longest.

I'm also happy that I got to play peeps in SCIV offline, I really needed that shiz.

Hit me up if you doing this again cause I will make it an effort to be there, and maybe have 3 with me. I gotta redeem myself in brawl/TvC, I didn't get to place top 3 in either! Tha Shogun hurricane will most def be in effect!

Hope you had fun pimpin'. I saw you rockin' that Brawl. You didn't get top 3 in it? I thought you were making your way up through winner's. We'll hit you up if we do this again. Next time, let's make this bigger. :chuckle:

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord

Sho glad to see you, although I didn't recognize you at first. :ohwell: I am glad you did well at brawl but you should tune up that samus so we can finally end it. Also you should come visit sometime, or invite us to you where ever you like to camp nowadays.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Hope you had fun pimpin'. I saw you rockin' that Brawl. You didn't get top 3 in it? I thought you were making your way up through winner's. We'll hit you up if we do this again. Next time, let's make this bigger. :chuckle:
Nah T got 2x Gordos out of like 6 waddles thrown and it put me out. Before that Afro's Meta Knight and Snake got me. I read about the effectiveness of high tiers in brawl but I didn't know it would be to that extreme! Not saying that's the only reason why the players one (cause they where good) but I was not prepared for those type of cautionary actions in brawl for Snake and DeDeDe, tiers are still effective in brawl it seems.

Also Iori no doubt I'll come visit you guys in Memphis now that I have transportation. Man dude if I knew you still remembered that match up I would've worked my Samus back up a long time ago lol. It felt good to see/kick it with you guys again man, I missed that.

I dunno if I'm throwing any more get togathers just yet, I gotta work up another brawl/melee community down here again. I also also teach my bro and cousin how painful Dedede and Snake can be if used right, man that's some scary sh't!

Top Bottom