• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A.R.K. - Arkansas Regional Knockouts! - Little Rock, AR - 04/03/10 - 8 Games!

Handorin

Smash Hero
Very Tasty Snacks got eaten by Darkrain this weekend, but he said they have tasted better before.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Updated OP.
Of note: Blazblue and HDR seem to be locks for two of our three extra tournaments. Also, DDD infinite has been changed from banned to same rules as other infinites.
Thanks for the support guys.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
I'm down with it :D

Especially if we get into those super rare, no one really knows, seemingly insignificant and minute old testament trivia :3
What's the 527th word of the NIV version of the Bible?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
What's the 527th word of the NIV version of the Bible?
I don't like the NIV, so I actually use the King James and the New King James or the New American Standard. However, seeing as how it's early in Genesis chapter one, I'm gonna go with some words that is talking about the 7 days of creation and what God was putting into action at that time. Maybe...firmament? lol

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the NIV, so I actually use the King James and the New King James or the New American Standard. However, seeing as how it's early in Genesis chapter one, I'm gonna go with some words that is talking about the 7 days of creation and what God was putting into action at that time. Maybe...firmament? lol
Since I don't have a copy of an NIV on me and since even if I did, I wouldn't count that many words into it, I'm going to flip a coin... HEADS! You got it right!
:laugh:

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Haha, well feel free to money-match at our tourney. We can put you as a side-attraction if you want or see if people are willing to compete against you or whatever.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Haha, well feel free to money-match at our tourney. We can put you as a side-attraction if you want or see if people are willing to compete against you or whatever.
lol I'll bring my hat for people to throw quarters and loose change in while I spout my biblical facts :D

don't worry, I'll make sure you guys get your cut of it =p

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Bible Version Tier List

Top Tier

1. New Living Translation - Sooo easy to read and still very accurate
2. New American Standard - For use when you want the most accuracy

Mid Tier

3. New Internation Version - Pretty all around good version
4. King James Version - For use if you in the mood for old-English talk

Low Tier

5. New King James Version - Like King James Version, but with less class

Why Even Bother Tier

Pretty much everything else, except for the original Hebrew and Greek translations, but I can't read those...

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Bible Version Tier List

Top Tier

1. New Living Translation - Sooo easy to read and still very accurate
2. New American Standard - For use when you want the most accuracy

Mid Tier

3. New Internation Version - Pretty all around good version
4. King James Version - For use if you in the mood for old-English talk

Low Tier

5. New King James Version - Like King James Version, but with less class

Why Even Bother Tier

Pretty much everything else, except for the original Hebrew and Greek translations, but I can't read those...
I guess I just like the NASB and the NKJ because they have less manmade inputs in them. Or the original King James, but sometimes it's easy to lose the meaning in the "thees, thous, and thus's."

EDIT* OH snap. I just realized that I have some very important business to attend to on Saturday, and I don't even know if I'll be able to make this. Ironic that we're talking about bibles on here, because it's a Bible Workshop Weekend April 2nd and 3rd at Fairview Church of Christ. Sooo, that's where I'm gonna be. Maybe if it lets out soon enough you guys will see me around, if not, I wish you all the best of luck and the funnest of weekends!

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Is it the inspired, God breathed word?? IS IT?

:3
Not according to the Council of Nicea, but I think there was some conflict of interest involved there. I mean, when you want people to actually join your religion, depicting your savior/prophet/god as a bratty five year old who turns people into stone when they trip over him probably isn't the best idea.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
I guess I just like the NASB and the NKJ because they have less manmade inputs in them. Or the original King James, but sometimes it's easy to lose the meaning in the "thees, thous, and thus's."

EDIT* OH snap. I just realized that I have some very important business to attend to on Saturday, and I don't even know if I'll be able to make this. Ironic that we're talking about bibles on here, because it's a Bible Workshop Weekend April 2nd and 3rd at Fairview Church of Christ. Sooo, that's where I'm gonna be. Maybe if it lets out soon enough you guys will see me around, if not, I wish you all the best of luck and the funnest of weekends!
If you can find out when you get off and want to play in a tourney, then we can "work with you" and skip over you in the brackets as long as you don't come at like 9 PM or something.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
If you can find out when you get off and want to play in a tourney, then we can "work with you" and skip over you in the brackets as long as you don't come at like 9 PM or something.
For sure, I'll definitely let you know asap. thanks bro <3

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
I guess I just like the NASB and the NKJ because they have less manmade inputs in them.
As opposed to the entirey of the English language? :lick:

:O

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
There has been a proposal to up the tourney fee of Smash bros to $10 (made on another forum).

Feedback? Who would definitely be up for it and who would definitely be against it?
Also, OP's been updated recently.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
The tourney will be $10 per Smash game unless we can get a dissenting vote (or reason why we shouldn't raise it) before March 29.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Great! I assure you that there will be enough for a Melee tourny... And that me and my crew will be taking all the top spots. :D

/taunt

Sadly I am going to have to agree with jack on this one :ohwell: you guys aint winning ****.

/A tourney I can actually come too :bee:

votes Capcom vs Snk 2 What are the odds, I love that game!

Furthermore be prepared for my red cyclone

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Sadly I am going to have to agree with jack on this one :ohwell: you guys aint winning ****.

/A tourney I can actually come too :bee:

votes Capcom vs Snk 2 What are the odds, I love that game!

Furthermore be prepared for my red cyclone
I dunno, last time you came down you and Mr. Chamberlin went about evensies :x

Top Bottom