• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A.R.K. - Arkansas Regional Knockouts! - Little Rock, AR - 04/03/10 - 8 Games!

Myztek

Smash Ace
Okay, awesome. I managed to get my shift covered. I'll def be at this, but I won't leave work until 10. So I'll probably be there a little passed noon. :O

I'll bring setups if I can. Gonna try and bring two Melee setups.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
This tourney should be renamed: Taking money out of Arkansas to prop up the economy in Memphis.

Because that's what's going to happen.
Man you punks from Memphis make me wanna make this tourney. Lucky for you guys, I'm obligated to a church function and I value church more than smash. If I didn't, you guys would be making a trip down here and not having any tourney money to pay gas for the trip.

<3

Myztek

Smash Ace
Man you punks from Memphis make me wanna make this tourney. Lucky for you guys, I'm obligated to a church function and I value church more than smash. If I didn't, you guys would be making a trip down here and not having any tourney money to pay gas for the trip.

<3
That's okay G. Vice. We'd just **** you anyway. ;D

jk.

But I def agree with Jack ;p

G. Vice

Smash Lord
That's okay G. Vice. We'd just **** you anyway. ;D

jk.

But I def agree with Jack ;p
Oh don't be mean now Misty. I actually feel like I'm at the peak of my smash career. But I dunno, maybe you guys would take me to town even still :/

But then again, I won't necessarily be there so we will have to wait til another time :3

chamberlin

Smash Ace
You bring the crowns and heads of conquered scrubs to my city's steps! You insult my G.Vice. You threaten my people with edgeguards and gimps! Oh, I've chosen my words carefully, Memphians. Perhaps you should have done the same.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
the bracket will be rigged so OOS eliminates itself early on and leaves chamberlin and yoshiman to advance to grand finals.

that makes sense, I promise

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm hoping I get a look at the bracket to confirm balanced seeding for Louisiana. Both seeding us on location and seeding gets top players from every region seeded properly instead of just OoS missing out on the placement seeding.

You'll prolly have an idea on our skills from friendlies before so it's not totally without evidence. :p

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm hoping I get a look at the bracket to confirm balanced seeding for Louisiana. Both seeding us on location and seeding gets top players from every region seeded properly instead of just OoS missing out on the placement seeding.

You'll prolly have an idea on our skills from friendlies before so it's not totally without evidence. :p
Are you and the Memphians hanging out around here any after the tourney? I don't know when I will get back, but I'd like to play some friendlies to see how these other midsouthers are at melee :D

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman

We don't want to "rig the brackets" for people, but we will definitely take this into account. We seed by location and skill level, but obviously we can't just psychically know people's skill levels. It'll be best if one representative from each "group" or "location" comes forward and gives insight onto the skill level of each competitor and we'll seed accordingly. We'll probably verify the brackets with each group before proceeding, provided we have time of course. Smash tourneys are gonna take a while, but we're hoping if everyone brings enough setups, we can get this done fast and efficiently.

Myztek- It would be great if you can bring two Melee setups if you don't mind. Thanks :bee:

Sudai

Stuff here
G. It's mostly up to Ken (IShouldBeStudying). He wants to drive up saturday which means no friendlies friday. :[

Smoke, I was mostly joking about rigging since someone else joked about it. I'll help seed Louisiana though.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
G. It's mostly up to Ken (IShouldBeStudying). He wants to drive up saturday which means no friendlies friday. :[

Smoke, I was mostly joking about rigging since someone else joked about it. I'll help seed Louisiana though.
I hope that I get to see ya. You ever play a ganon main before? :3

Vts

Smash Champion
News flash, i can't make it.

if i can it will be later looks like some stuff has happened at work and few people are going to a funeral so i got stuck with there shift, might be able to make it later if i can get off early.

but may have to remove me from the list.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman

if i can it will be later looks like some stuff has happened at work and few people are going to a funeral so i got stuck with there shift, might be able to make it later if i can get off early.

yoshi may also not be going as some family reconnections have been made. my resolve stands firm nonetheless. a third of arkansas' active (melee) smashers going to a tournament in their own state? can't let that number drop further.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman

Can you get us some more info? We can switch around the Melee and Brawl schedules (3PM to 4PM and vice versa) if that's better for you (and everyone else of course). Also, you said in the Arkansas thread you can bring a good amount of equipment. Think you'll still be able to? We were kinda banking on some of that. We'll try to accommodate you as well as we can if you keep us updated.

yoshi may also not be going as some family reconnections have been made. my resolve stands firm nonetheless. a third of arkansas' active (melee) smashers going to a tournament in their own state? can't let that number drop further.
Wow, that sucks too. C'mon guys. Show your state pride. ****, this must be a horrible weekend for gamers. Family's a big thing, so I understand that. Hope Yoshi and VTS can both make it though. Glad you're coming out and reppin' AR though arbustos.

Vts

Smash Champion
Can you get us some more info? We can switch around the Melee and Brawl schedules (3PM to 4PM and vice versa) if that's better for you (and everyone else of course). Also, you said in the Arkansas thread you can bring a good amount of equipment. Think you'll still be able to? We were kinda banking on some of that. We'll try to accommodate you as well as we can if you keep us updated.
going to see if i can switch shift with friend to open best buy and get off 4 so would be there around 4:30 but i'll find out sunday.

also got to talk to old friend (game store owner) to letting me barrow the TVs again.

99% chance he will let me use them.

but i'll try to find out what i can do about it don't really want to talk to my boss since i've already asked for some days off a little late.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
going to see if i can switch shift with friend to open best buy and get off 4 so would be there around 4:30 but i'll find out sunday.

also got to talk to old friend (game store owner) to letting me barrow the TVs again.

99% chance he will let me use them.

but i'll try to find out what i can do about it don't really want to talk to my boss since i've already asked for some days off a little late.
Well just to try to keep us updated and we'll try as hard as we can to help you out.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
You bring the crowns and heads of conquered scrubs to my city's steps! You insult my G.Vice. You threaten my people with edgeguards and gimps! Oh, I've chosen my words carefully, Memphians. Perhaps you should have done the same.
Neither Memphian nor Arkandas threatens a messenger.
(spits at cham's feet) Your words are nothing more than blasphemy and madness.

ps I <3 you chams

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Neither Memphian nor Arkandas threatens a messenger.
(spits at cham's feet) Your words are nothing more than blasphemy and madness.
It's been more than a couple of months years since the previous smashfests and the winter cold. And now, as then, it is not fear that grips me, only restlessness. A heightened sense of things. The air conditioning, coolly, kissing the sweat at my hands and controller. Gamers yawning, complaining, even as they feast on what's left over of the Chinese food. The steady breathing of my crew at my back, ready to play for me without a moment's pause. Everyone of them ready, to get four-stocked.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
LOL!!!!! Omg.

Yeah, mindgames, for some reason I was scheduled for this saturday even though I asked off when I first heard about this tournament, and again about a week ago. Hopefully I get this resolved. I can't let Sudai take first without any competition... ;)

loyolaumama

Smash Rookie
Hey VTS and G.Vice

I will be pretty sad if y'all can't make it. Y'all gotta show me why should i play melee again.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
A tedious feat upon you approaches, shall you claim this victory perhaps. Removing what grip I have of what you call a battle worthy of my attention. A clash of mind games, pressures, and fear. Do you truly feel you are ready to cling to what desperate attempt you can muster. To call yourself a God! Only the elite shall be prosperous.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Hey VTS and G.Vice

I will be pretty sad if y'all can't make it. Y'all gotta show me why should i play melee again.
I dunno man...I just don't see it happening with this Bible thing going. But eventually, i'll show up to one of these. just bad timing is all this was.

Sudai

Stuff here
Bah, I may not be coming. IShouldBeStudying might not be able to come and the guys from my dorm that were gonna come aren't coming anymore. Never got in touch with the guy from SRK. Smoke never got me contact info or the guy on SRK never responded to mine. :[

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Bah, I may not be coming. IShouldBeStudying might not be able to come and the guys from my dorm that were gonna come aren't coming anymore. Never got in touch with the guy from SRK. Smoke never got me contact info or the guy on SRK never responded to mine. :[
Sorry, I sent him a PM and he apparently never contacted you. Can't come alone? :ohwell:

Top Bottom