• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A potentially important addition to QAC: Slope-canceling

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I'm not too sure if you guys have noticed by now, but when Pikachu QACs directly downward into a slope, he lingers in the air a bit more and is pushed along said slope. So now we have a Pikachu hovering REALLY close to the ground, but still having enough time to get at least the first hitbox of one of his aerials going, unlike with a QAC on a flat surface.

You can notice it the most on Green Hill Zone. Get on the steeper part of the slope, QAC directly downward, and use an aerial. The hardest to perform is Dair, but even that's viable with enough of a slope. If needed, I can make and upload a video of me pulling this off repeatedly with all of the aerials.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i remember doing this a long time ago. i was on lylat, qac'd to the slope, and used bair. it had enough time to activate, and then i di'd off the ledge and stagespiked someone. I had completely forgotton about it.

K 2

Smash Lord
normally the only aerial that can come out is the dair. qac into a slope allows you to get more aerials out.
Which aerials can you get out with the QAC slope? Would it have the same effect as QAC->jump->aerial? Also, does this work on Lylat, yoshi's island, and all the other stages with mild slopes (not super steep like Green hill zone)?

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Which aerials can you get out with the QAC slope? Would it have the same effect as QAC->jump->aerial? Also, does this work on Lylat, yoshi's island, and all the other stages with mild slopes (not super steep like Green hill zone)?
You can pull off all of the aerials. Dair is a bit more difficult because it auto-fastfalls, often turning it into a shockwave before the hitbox on Pika's body is formed. As for stages, yes, it can be used on other stages with less extreme slopes. In fact, I first noticed it on Hyrule Temple. (Lol @ People playing tourney stages only)

mind if I add this to the list?
Go nuts. This was that "one more thing I'm going to make a separate thread about." That I talked about in my last post there.

Top Bottom