A new quest beckons: Monster Hunter for Smash!

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0559-7460-7877
NNID
LuffyLink
Switch FC
SW 7738 0667 4775
My number one most wanted, there's just so much potential for a great moveset, as well as a wide variety of awesome MH music to choose from for the stage. I always thought they were a bit unlikely, and I still think so. But Rathalos' appearance as a boss, and Joker's inclusion makes me much more hopeful. I'm already satisfied with Joker, but Monster Hunter would be a massive plus !

Luxent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Honestly, the presence of Rathalos is a HUGE push for Monster Hunter to be a character. I think its the closest thing we have to a "lock" right now. Despite everyone else being overly optimistic about their other characters being 'locks' lmao

+ Nintendo History. I personally own MH3, MH3U, and MH4.
+ MHWorld was one of the best-selling games on the PS4 with 4 million copies sold.
+ The series has a 'future' - as sakurai said characters from series with no future are rarely included.
+ Rathalos inclusion???????? Its the most random a fuqq boss to add.... All other bosses have respective characters in the roster.

Honestly, the presence of Rathalos is a HUGE push for Monster Hunter to be a character. I think its the closest thing we have to a "lock" right now. Despite everyone else being overly optimistic about their other characters being 'locks' lmao

+ Nintendo History. I personally own MH3, MH3U, and MH4.
+ MHWorld was one of the best-selling games on the PS4 with 4 million copies sold.
+ The series has a 'future' - as sakurai said characters from series with no future are rarely included.
+ Rathalos inclusion???????? Its the most random a fuqq boss to add.... All other bosses have respective characters in the roster.
I've said it before but I think the reason we got Rathalos as a boss in base game and not MH is because they wanted to get that DLC money for him instead of letting Sakurai have him for base game but didn't want to lose out of Rathalos getting in since the DLC fighters aren't getting bosses or ATs.

3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
NNID
meleebrawler
I've said it before but I think the reason we got Rathalos as a boss in base game and not MH is because they wanted to get that DLC money for him instead of letting Sakurai have him for base game but didn't want to lose out of Rathalos getting in since the DLC fighters aren't getting bosses or ATs.
Who's ''they''? Nintendo or Capcom?

Personally I'm almost more excited for the potential spirits the hunter would bring. I think each DLC fighter will trigger a spirit board event for their series, and there's a huge pool of monsters to pull from. Heck, the 4th generation games have essentially been doing spirit battles with their monsters before spirit battles were even a thing.

Personally I'm almost more excited for the potential spirits the hunter would bring. I think each DLC fighter will trigger a spirit board event for their series, and there's a huge pool of monsters to pull from. Heck, the 4th generation games have essentially been doing spirit battles with their monsters before spirit battles were even a thing.
They in this case would be Capcom.

Luxent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC

Personally I'm almost more excited for the potential spirits the hunter would bring..
I can forsee a Shaka/Chacha battle being made of tiny squirtles where they get periodically healed. You get periodically poisoned, and they have deku nuts over the field to emulate flash bombs~

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So I got Generations Ulitmate. The beginning quests are a bit boring... where do I deliver the Quest Pass in each of the areas? Cause I can’t be bothered with 50 minutes of waiting till the end of the quest.

Also where do I get the bbq?

Last edited:
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
NNID
meleebrawler
So I got Generations Ulitmate. The beginning quests are a bit boring... where do I deliver the Quest Pass in each of the areas? Cause I can’t be bothered with 50 minutes of waiting till the end of the quest.

Also where do I get the bbq?
The red box at camp is what you use to deliver any items a quest asks for, and you should be able to buy a BBQ spit at any item shop in a village.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The red box at camp is what you use to deliver any items a quest asks for, and you should be able to buy a BBQ spit at any item shop in a village.
So all early quests can be completed within seconds? That’s not much of a challenge...

3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
NNID
meleebrawler
So all early quests can be completed within seconds? That’s not much of a challenge...
Would you prefer being forced to wait 2 minutes for the pass to arrive? Because that's what the older games did.

The early quests aren't there to challenge you, they're meant to familiarize yourself with the various hunting grounds or provide stress-free environments to gather resources in.

[Maple]

Smash Apprentice
-Rathalos
-Rathian
-Zinogre
-Lagiacrus
-Gore Magala
-Brachidios
-Nargacuga
-Gammoth or Mizutsune or Glavenus or Astalos

Pretty much all flagship monsters. Maybe Nergigante even if World is not on the Switch.

3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
NNID
meleebrawler
-Rathalos
-Rathian
-Zinogre
-Lagiacrus
-Gore Magala
-Brachidios
-Nargacuga
-Gammoth or Mizutsune or Glavenus or Astalos

Pretty much all flagship monsters. Maybe Nergigante even if World is not on the Switch.
Do consider that sometimes gear is more famous than the monster it comes from. Remember that Kirin armour was one of the choices in MvC Infinite.

Rikarte

Smash Cadet
You're doing the Harvest Tours, I guess? Those aren't meant to be a challenge but an oppurtunity to roam arround and gather stuff without an objective to worry about. (They are completely optional too)

As for the armors, I can see:
Rathalos (m)
Rathalos (f)
Azure Rathalos (m)
Azure Rathalos (f)
Lagiacrus (m)
Lagiacrus (f)
Ivory Lagiacrus (m)
Ivory Lagiacrus (f)

3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
NNID
meleebrawler
You're doing the Harvest Tours, I guess? Those aren't meant to be a challenge but an oppurtunity to roam arround and gather stuff without an objective to worry about. (They are completely optional too)

As for the armors, I can see:
Rathalos (m)
Rathalos (f)
Azure Rathalos (m)
Azure Rathalos (f)
Lagiacrus (m)
Lagiacrus (f)
Ivory Lagiacrus (m)
Ivory Lagiacrus (f)
I know Lagiacrus is the "first" flagship for Nintendo consoles, but his gear is far from being popular and as such I don't really see them adding it.

This is my best guess based on trends:

Rathalos (m)
Rathian (f)
Diablos (m)
Kirin (f)
Tigrex (m)
Nargacuga (f)
Zinogre (m)
Glavenus (f)

Honourable mentions go to the Hunter set for being a Mii costume in Smash 4, and World favourites Nergigante (m) and Lunastra (f).

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Awesome OP! Love the quest description. I absolutely support Monster Hunter for Smash, one of my top favorites. I think they're definitely a sleeper pick for DLC.

Y'all brought up armor lists and I'm wondering about that too...What could we say is the most likely armor list they would use for alts? Is it more likely they will keep male and female the same or differentiate them? My opinion is that it would be the same for male and female, but who knows.

Keeping it simple for now, let's assume they're only looking at flagship monsters. If they went that route what do you guys think would be most accurate? What armor sets would they choose?

Since Rathalos male + female seems to be 100% a lock, what would the other 6 be?

Here's my stab at it:
Male and female Rathalos armor(obvious)

male and female Lagicarus armor(MH3)

male and female Nargacuga(MHFU)

male and female Nergigante armor(MHW)

I can respond later with what I think would be the actual best armor list, but for now this is my flagship list.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
NNID
meleebrawler
Awesome OP! Love the quest description. I absolutely support Monster Hunter for Smash, one of my top favorites. I think they're definitely a sleeper pick for DLC.

Y'all brought up armor lists and I'm wondering about that too...What could we say is the most likely armor list they would use for alts? Is it more likely they will keep male and female the same or differentiate them? My opinion is that it would be the same for male and female, but who knows.

Keeping it simple for now, let's assume they're only looking at flagship monsters. If they went that route what do you guys think would be most accurate? What armor sets would they choose?

Since Rathalos male + female seems to be 100% a lock, what would the other 6 be?

Here's my stab at it:

I can respond later with what I think would be the actual best armor list, but for now this is my flagship list.
I'm still convinced Zinogre is the most popular 3rd gen flagship overall and is the set they'd pick for that.

As far as male/female goes... assuming they actually do give gender options, it would frankly be simpler and more fitting to use the different versions because the work is done already and the female sets are tailored to such physiology.

Here's my stab at it:

I think if they decide to do different armor for each costume I kinda hope the male and female costumes also use different armor, like Male Rathalos and Female Lagicarus for example. Then we would have 8 different costumes.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
I'm still convinced Zinogre is the most popular 3rd gen flagship overall and is the set they'd pick for that.

As far as male/female goes... assuming they actually do give gender options, it would frankly be simpler and more fitting to use the different versions because the work is done already and the female sets are tailored to such physiology.
I did kinda forget about Zinogre but who would that replace Narg or Lagi?

I mean Corrin, Robin, WFT, and etc already made precendent for this type of stuff. I highly doubt they would put only male or female option. I think you might've misunderstood what I'm saying(unless I'm misunderstanding you). I don't mean male + female armors would look the same, but be the same armor set(Lagi, Rath, etc). I'm wondering what's more likely, the same type of armor set, or individualistic/differentiated ones (Male Rath, Female Rathian, etc).

Or are you saying they would differentiate male + female and specifically choose different armor sets for them?

I think if they decide to do different armor for each costume I kinda hope the male and female costumes also use different armor, like Male Rathalos and Female Lagicarus for example. Then we would have 8 different costumes.
This is what I would prefer and would be the best way to represent the series. Hand-pick iconic armors specifically for female and male respectively from different monsters. It shows the central aspect of MH, the vast armors from many different monsters. What armors would you pick if they decided to go this route?

3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
NNID
meleebrawler
I did kinda forget about Zinogre but who would that replace Narg or Lagi?

I mean Corrin, Robin, WFT, and etc already made precendent for this type of stuff. I highly doubt they would put only male or female option. I think you might've misunderstood what I'm saying(unless I'm misunderstanding you). I don't mean male + female armors would look the same, but be the same armor set(Lagi, Rath, etc). I'm wondering what's more likely, the same type of armor set, or individualistic/differentiated ones (Male Rath, Female Rathian, etc).

Or are you saying they would differentiate male + female and specifically choose different armor sets for them?

This is what I would prefer and would be the best way to represent the series. Hand-pick iconic armors specifically for female and male respectively from different monsters. It shows the central aspect of MH, the vast armors from many different monsters. What armors would you pick if they decided to go this route?
Nargacuga is a 2nd gen monster if you weren't aware. The flagship of the definitive entry (Freedom Unite) of that era, and even besides that, is extremely popular everywhere along with it's gear... it may have even been teased for World's Iceborne expansion. No way they won't include it's set for any reason.

Lagiacrus is relatively popular among Nintendo Monster Hunter fans, but his gear hasn't really lit the world on fire. Zinogre on the other hand is, again, popular no matter where you look, due to getting exposure on multiple fronts via the PSP Portable 3rd and 3 Ultimate.

Honestly I'm still a bit of a noob to the series so I have no idea lol but I think all the Monster Hunter armors are so cool, its one of the things that made me want to play the game so I just hope we would get a bunch of options for costumes.

3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
NNID
meleebrawler
So Piranha Plant gets a classic mode based around newcomers. And his boss is Rathalos. Hmmmmmmmmmm...

What gets me here is that two other bosses could have equally fit the ''newcomer'' angle, Dracula and Marx. That plus all the ''brave'' talk in the datamine...

3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
NNID
meleebrawler
How do you guys feel about a hunter chance? I'm very confidant. Imo he/she is the more likely Capcom rep for DLC.
Undoubtedly. With the impending release of Iceborne in the fall of this year, a proper showcase of that and a reveal at E3 look pretty likely, and the release dates could coincide.