• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Pikmin 4 Trailer has Dropped!

Pikmin_4_Trailer.jpg

Today, Nintendo dropped a brief Pikmin 4 trailer! The trailer didn’t show any gameplay, however, we still got some juicy information about the game from it.

The first thing the trailer tells us is that Captain Olimar has crashed upon planet PNF-404 yet again. In response, an organization called the Rescue Corps went to save him. And guess what? As per series tradition, they also crash. So, with the Rescue Corps in need of rescuing, who goes out to rescue them? You! Yes, really, you. Pikmin 4 has a character creator, so players will be able to customize their character’s appearance and name. This custom character will act as the main character of the game and embark on their own journey to PNF-404.

That’s it for information from the trailer, but, don’t worry, we’re not done yet! Pikmin 4’s Japanese website has a couple more things we can glean from. For starters, there’s a bit of new gameplay footage! Secondly, the site has some gameplay images we haven’t seen before either. These include a new plant-based enemy with a bizarre tongue and the return of Mitites from Pikmin 2. The website also gives us a look at what we can make with the character creator. Finally, there’s some elements on the website locked off with a “Coming Soon”. While this doesn’t confirm anything, it’s a pretty good sign we’ll be getting more information on the game before it comes out!

Author’s Note: I'm always pretty excited to see more stuff from Pikmin, and this wasn't any different for me. I think the character creator concept is interesting albeit I do worry it might impact the narrative a little. I always liked the captain logs in previous titles, they added a lot of personality to the game. I'm sure they'll find a way to make it work but I do wonder how much personality they're willing to give to a custom character? That said, the rest of the new things we saw today look great, I'm really looking forward to the game! What do you think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Editing & Writing: Zerp Zerp
Thumbnail Graphic: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

This game has me more excited with every new trailer, the release can't come any sooner haha. Definitely getting Pikmin 2 vibes from it.

what even happens in space to make them crash? does the planet's gravitational pull just girth the rocket and break it down?
From what ive heard it could be the fault of the final boss of Pikmin 3 its like a Supernatural Being with a seeming obsession with olimar!

Character creator looks cool. This is one of my most anticipated games coming out, Pikmin is one of my favorite Nintendo series.

You know, given the set examples the reveal trailer highlights the character creator for, we should consider one of those potential combinations as our next Pikmin fighter. Sorry, Alph and Louie, you just ran out of time.

You know, given the set examples the reveal trailer highlights the character creator for, we should consider one of those potential combinations as our next Pikmin fighter. Sorry, Alph and Louie, you just ran out of time.
i think the red haired women will be the default although speaking of alph and louie i thought alph could be part of this new character while louie takes alphs place as olimars alt!

Top Bottom