• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new Link tactic revealed! Video Released!

Cuno56

Smash Apprentice
...How do you have 5 pages? Do you have it at like 8 posts per page or something? Because this is post #43 right here. (I have 2 pages, anyway)

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
I officially apologize. Now for my comment:
I don't mean to be rude, but doesn't that bomb thing seem a bit predictable?
Hey, if it works, it works.

Skler

Smash Master
The real tech is the double jump -> bomb pull -> regrab the edge. It's basically a way to pull bombs while being safe (you grab the edge as soon as the pull animation is over, so you are invincible asap). Doing the edge cancel just makes it safe for the double jump bomb pull (just wavedashing/wavelanding off to the double jump works too, but it leaves you a bit open).

You know you did an edge cancel if you do an attack and slide off the edge when you hit the ground. You just have to know where the edge is to do it.

The upB thing is a joke and was added in because I felt like doing spinhogs from platforms and canceling an upB off a platform with another platform is just awesome.

Gea

Smash Master
The real tech is the double jump -> bomb pull -> regrab the edge. It's basically a way to pull bombs while being safe (you grab the edge as soon as the pull animation is over, so you are invincible asap). Doing the edge cancel just makes it safe for the double jump bomb pull (just wavedashing/wavelanding off to the double jump works too, but it leaves you a bit open).

You know you did an edge cancel if you do an attack and slide off the edge when you hit the ground. You just have to know where the edge is to do it.

The upB thing is a joke and was added in because I felt like doing spinhogs from platforms and canceling an upB off a platform with another platform is just awesome.
While this could be useful if someone was not very agressive... even if I thought you were going to do an aerial I'd come after you. You are giving up your second jump near the edge for a bomb. So what? Don't you have less options from the edge to the stage with a bomb in your hands?

Skler

Smash Master
While this could be useful if someone was not very agressive... even if I thought you were going to do an aerial I'd come after you. You are giving up your second jump near the edge for a bomb. So what? Don't you have less options from the edge to the stage with a bomb in your hands?
You have way better options with a bomb in your hand. Nobody can shieldgrab you if you ledgehop a bomb throw/drop into jabs or whatever you want. Bombs are great. The tactic itself is (very) situational, but it's something new that can improve Link's edge game and even defensive game near the edge. I like the thought of being able to pull a bomb and being invincible as soon as the pull is over.

Also if you get hit out of the pull you still have a bomb in your hand for recovery purposes.

It's a new Link tech and it's still more useful than the spinhog.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I suggest not to use this new tech all the time. But it has a good use.

Gea

Smash Master
You have way better options with a bomb in your hand. Nobody can shieldgrab you if you ledgehop a bomb throw/drop into jabs or whatever you want. Bombs are great. The tactic itself is (very) situational, but it's something new that can improve Link's edge game and even defensive game near the edge. I like the thought of being able to pull a bomb and being invincible as soon as the pull is over.

Also if you get hit out of the pull you still have a bomb in your hand for recovery purposes.

It's a new Link tech and it's still more useful than the spinhog.
If you get hit out before grabbing the edge the bomb probably won't explode before you die or you'll be in hog range. This is "neat" but the benefits are small compared to the risk. Fox's shine? Anything of Marth's?

Blackadder

Smash Master
I apologie for thinking this was a hoax, skyler.

But still, that tactics neat, I guess.
But surley it won't make Link UNBEATEABLE..

Pine

Smash Ace
i have a few extra tips for all you link users....

ganondorfs upsmash is the strongest charged upsmash

ganondorf has a 5 hit rule

eating pop tarts significantly increases your playing abilities in smash

pdk

Smash Lord
How did this get to 5 pages before the vid is even uploaded..

lol giving him attention when there's no proof yet - _-
some of angelo's magic just rubbed off on him, that's how!

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for thinking this was a hoak dude
But Still I rather pull a bomb when im away than giving up my second jump ;S
Although Ill try it
Cya

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Great stuff Skler, Pine. I'm always excited to find new applications to old techniques (in this case, edgecancelling).

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I wish more people used their second jump right by the ledge and thought it was safe, cause I would **** them with plenty of Marth forward smashes.

This trick (while not really a trick or anything new for that matter) isn't horrible, but it isn't great by any means. The biggest farce is that you claim it to be safe... I mean, this is redundant, but you are using your 2nd jump right by the ledge!!! The assumption that this is also so tricky that people will be taken aback by it is nonsense too. I guarantee any decently observant Marth would catch you in a tipper most of the times you attempt that (within reason). I suppose it's safe if your opponent is on the other side of the level when you do it, but then again it's probably safer to not spend time wavedashing back and using your double jump.

Top Bottom