• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new D3, care to help him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patches

Smash Master
Yeah, so I'm a Mr Game and Watch mainer, however I think its time that I started to pick up a sub that I can use for GaW's crappy match-ups.

That character will King Dedede.

So, I know pretty much NOTHING about him, and I was hoping that the kind people on the DDD boards could give me a couple of pointers and tips?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you~

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, so I'm a Mr Game and Watch mainer, however I think its time that I started to pick up a sub that I can use for GaW's crappy match-ups.

That character will King Dedede.

So, I know pretty much NOTHING about him, and I was hoping that the kind people on the DDD boards could give me a couple of pointers and tips?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you~
1. Shieldgrab a lot
2. Chaingrab a lot
3. If you can't chaingrab, bthrow a lot
4. Use bair to edgeguard/gimp a lot
5. Kill with utilt
6. Kill with Dsmash
7. Space with ftilt,dtilt
8. Practice

Patches

Smash Master
1. Shieldgrab a lot
2. Chaingrab a lot
3. If you can't chaingrab, bthrow a lot
4. Use bair to edgeguard/gimp a lot
5. Kill with utilt
6. Kill with Dsmash
7. Space with ftilt,dtilt
8. Practice
Thank you. :)

Are there any advanced tricks or techs that I should know about?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
This seems like a really vague question to ask because it would take a while to list everything we know...
So just disregard that post up there and check out the threads for King Dedede for the following things:
1.) Knowing King Dedede's moves: 'The Royal Guide/Faq of King Dedede'
2.) King Dedede's matchups: 'Enemies of the Crown'

For now just look at 1.) since you don't know anything about the king XD. That thread will describe literally everything about King Dedede's moves, and there's even a small description of what the moves look like in animation lol and much more about the king. Highly recommend that thread to new King Dedede players...
And ironically, King Dedede's only useful technique is pivot grab, correct me if I'm wrong.

Patches

Smash Master
This seems like a really vague question to ask because it would take a while to list everything we know...
So just disregard that post up there and check out the threads for King Dedede for the following things:

For now just look at 1.) since you don't know anything about the king XD. That thread will describe literally everything about King Dedede's moves, and there's even a small description of what the moves look like in animation lol and much more about the king. Highly recommend that thread to new King Dedede players...
And ironically, King Dedede's only useful technique is pivot grab, correct me if I'm wrong.
Ohh, I see. Okay, thank you. I will look at that tonight then.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord

AC Dairs, Wavebounced Inhales, B-reversal, Shield Cancel CG, Buuman Trap, etc.

Yeah DeDeDe is garbage.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
AC Dairs, Wavebounced Inhales, B-reversal, Shield Cancel CG, Buuman Trap, etc.

Yeah DeDeDe is garbage.
Thanks for correcting me smexy mexy, the wavebounced inhales can be punished badly if you don't suck them in and buuman trap isn't a real advanced techinque, since it wouldn't work every single time.
Forgot the B-reversal on Inhale though, very helpful.

And the guy probably doesn't know what those are yet, so try to be more helpful instead of listing "techniques"... lol, you're still smexy though.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Dont forget to use rising ariels for Bair and Fair WoPs.
Of course, thats deffinatley not the only thing you can use them for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom