• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Merchant's Tale: The Spammer War~ Chapter 12- The Storm

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Chapter 7~ The First Night

McFox’s
“Hello?” The bell jingled, as Ticadrius stood behind the counter. He hadn’t had a full moment’s peace since yesterday.

“Yes can I help you?”

“Well I uh… I need a weapon…”

“Alright, what do you think you’d be able to use? A sword, a gun, potions?”

“I… I don’t know.”

Ticadrius sighed. This was practically a reenactment of half the customers who’d come in. No one knew how, or wanted to, fight. “Well, if you’re opposed to violence, I’d recommend sleep potions or something else of the like. Immobilizing an intruder without harming them.”

“I… okay.” It was a Pianta woman, green. She looked like she didn’t want to be in the shop. But she had been told to arm herself, just like everyone else had.

Ticadrius took her over to the rack of various potions they had available. “Let’s see… we’ve got sleep, poisin, paralyzing. You’d probably pick to paralyze them. Doing so means they can’t move around for a while, and by then the army will have sent help. Do you have anyone else in your family who knows how to fight?”

“Well,” her eyes darted around nervously. “My husband… but he’s… part of the army.”

“Oh, well okay, paralysis it is.” He picked up the bottle himself, and returned to the counter to ring it up. She paid him, and then she quickly stuffed the potion into her purse, as if she were ashamed, or frightened, of it.

Ticadrius shook his head. Didn’t anyone want to defend themselves?

“Hey Tic.” He turned to see Lily holding Crystal.

“Hey what’s up?”

“Oh… nothing.”

He could see she was worried. Concern appeared on his face to comfort her, “Look, you’re worried about McFox right?”

She nodded glumly.

“Well, I know he already told you this, but don’t worry about it. McFox can take on twenty Spammers at once with his powers. He’ll be perfectly fine. This whole thing should be over soon.”

She looked up, and an almost-look of happiness filled her eyes. “You think?”

Tictac smiled knowingly, “Please. I give it until the end of the week before this whole thing blows over.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Delta’s Log
Delta’s Log. Date: Wednesday, July 11. Time: .11.52 pm.
This is Deltaorange Samus, as you may remember me. Yes, I have continued to update my log, even as Ria continues to ignore his own. Probably out of spite. He can be so difficult at times. What harm is writing down things that you think? Especially when you’ve got nothing better to do. Oh well, not necessarily my problem.

I woke up that morning, as I often do, and stretched. My suit made the necessary compensations as I stood up. I was actually awake before Ria that morning, which was odd.

Then I saw what had woken me up, I had received a PM. The small green, blinking light had disturbed my sleep. At least Ria couldn’t open my PM box anymore. I stole his helmet one night and made several… “adjustments.” I won’t have a problem with that for a long time.

The PM was from Gideon: Got a job if you’re available.

Venom Dream. He escaped his trial several days ago, and no one’s seen a trace of him since. Well, normally this wouldn’t be a problem, but no doubt you’ve heard about the Spammer declaring war on us. I simply can’t afford any of my men right now. We know he’s still in the city somewhere, because I’ve got forces constantly patrolling every inch of the perimeter. Anyway, I want you and Ria to get over here and find him, wherever he is, if you can.

-Gid

I looked at Ria’s cot, and smirked. He had his helmet off, as usual, with his mouth open. He was snoring, hissing, slightly. I almost laughed out loud as I snuck over to the foot of his bed. I grabbed the bottom in my left hand, and I began to shake it violently as I yelled, “Ria! Look out! Get down!”

Ria jumped into the air from his bed, and then hit the floor with his hands over his head. It was all I could do to keep from bursting out laughing. I rarely got the chance to pull a prank like this on him. He was usually the one doing this sort of thing to me.

“Sorry,” I said, as he stood up and dusted himself off. “Got to keep your skills sharp, you know.”

At the same time, Ria and I began to laugh, not something I normally do. But it was funny. And Ria can appreciate a good joke, even if it’s on him. As long as it’s funny, it doesn’t matter who it’s done to.

“Ha ha, I’m sure. You only scared me becauze you know my skillz are better than yourz.”

“Ria, you wish you were half as good as I am.”

“Is that a challenge?” He asked maliciously, folding his arms over his chest.

“Maybe, but not now. Gideon just contacted me, and said we’ve got a job.”

He rubbed his hand together, the joke now forgotten. “Hmm, we could uze the money too. Or at least, I can. Something went wrong with the speech synthezizerz in my helmet. I’ll have to replace them.”

“Yeah. What happened?”

He looked at me with his eyes narrowed. “I do not know. One day they worked, and then the next none of the voicez I had programmed were working.”

“Well that’s weird. Anyway, you can finish your sleeping on the way to SmashWorld.”

“Fine fine. And I’ll take over for you halfway through, as uzual.”

We exited our quarters, and didn’t speak to anyone we met on the way there. When we got into the hangar, we entered the ship. Ria immediately went to the back and laid down.

“Uhh, Ria? You wanna help me lift off here?”

I couldn’t make anything out, but he was grumbling as he entered the cockpit. I lifted the ship into the air, as we were in the back of the hangar.

“Higher… a little higher… a little… okay, there. Go ahead.”

Ria got me to the appropriate height, and we zoomed out of the proximity of our little base. He went to the back and laid down, preparing for the ride to SmashWorld.

Making Camp
After encountering Nollat we walked for a while. And then we walked. And we continued walking. After that, we walked some more. And just when I thought we were going to keep walking, we did.

“My legs hurt.” Shy Guy complained.

“Be quiet,” CyberWolf snapped. “We got to get as far as we possibly can from the army so that no one sees us.”

“I’m tired.”

“Be quiet Kirby King. We don’t know if there’s anyone around us.”

“I’m hungry!”

“Rudy, be quiet!”

“Are we there yet?”

“Alright!” Shouted CyberWolf, losing his patience. “We’ll make camp. It’s getting late anyway. Arrow, Psychichpuff?”

Being in charge of finding a campsite, Arrow and Psychicpuff took the lead. We came across a small clearing, with trees hanging overhead. We couldn’t see the sky, so it was exceptionally dark. The only thing giving off any light was the jewel sitting on top of Psychicpuff’s staff. It casted an eerie green glow onto the clearing.

“This looks big enough for all of us,” they said. “Someone needs to get some firewood.”

“I’ll do it, I’m freezing,” said Rudy. He pulled out a small sickle, and snuck into the forest, as if expecting someone to attack him. He reached the treeline, and suddenly didn’t look very brave anymore.

“Well, you getting firewood or what?” Asked Kirby King. “It’s cold out here!”

“Well, what if there are monsters in this forest?”

I couldn’t recall hearing reports of any monsters in this forest. We were actually in the Forbidden Jungle, where most of my troubles had started. But we wouldn’t be running into anything from that time. We were following its western edge southward. The temples and such were in the middle of the forest. However, there were those gigantic spiders to be accounted for.

In any case, Nollat took the information of monsters very seriously. “Thiz one will protect you. I can see in the night. No monzter will sneak up on us.” He lowered his head, and edged into the forest with Rudy.

“Well, we need to get the tents up then. McFox, can you get it by yourself?”

“Yeah, sure.” In a few minutes, we all had our tents up. Just as I was finishing mine, Rudy and Nollat returned with an impressive amount of firewood. We set a circle of rocks around what we currently wanted to use, so as not to catch the surrounding forest on fire, and Shy guy was just about to light it.

“Wait a minute,” said Kirby King. “I can light it too you know.”

“Well,” said Shy Guy, now defending his campfire-lighting prowess. “I can light it better than you can!”

“What’s the difference?” Asked CyberWolf rhetorically, not expecting an answer.

“The difference is that I can light the fire better than he can!”

“You can not!”

Using the only fire spell I knew, I quickly tossed a fireball into the dry wood. It caught flame, and soon we had a nice-sized fire going. Kirby King and Shy Guy both stopped shouting in mid-sentence and looked at me. I smiled sheepishly, “Hey, I was cold.”

“Thanks,” said Thundermistress, wrapping her sleeping bag around herself.

“Well, now what?” Asked Osco.

“Well, what do people normally do around campfires?”

“They tell ghost stories.” Said Arrow evilly.

Scary Story
“Uhh…” Rudy yawned. “Wow, I’m really tired, I think I’m going to go to sleep early.” He began to scoot away, but I grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him back to the fire.

“Anyone know one?”

I know one,” said Osco. “This is the Legend of the Lost Campers…”

“What an original name,” I muttered.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
“Hey Shy Guy… and Kirby King too, you guys put out some of the fire for added effect,” Arrow said, with a grin on his face. Shy Guy and Kirby King, combining their powers, lowered the intensity of the fire. Now, the light of Psychicpuff’s gem intensified the unnatural look of the red and orange flames. It made Osco look like he was constantly moving, even though he was simply sitting still. Overall, it created quite a nice effect. I saw Rudy’s eyes widen.

“Years ago, a camping party decided to spend the night in a large clearing, in this very jungle. There were 11 of them. Ten children, and one adult who was supervising them. The legend says that the children kept hearing strange noises all throughout the day, but the adult paid it no mind, saying it was just ‘wind in the trees.’”

I chuckled to myself. Rudy had earlier told me of strange noises he kept hearing, and I had told him it was wind too. Looking, I could see he had wrapped himself up in a blanket, and was clutching it as though his life depended on it.

“When they decided to settle down for the night, the adult sent one of the children to pick some fruit from a tree they had passed several minutes earlier. The boy left, and for several minutes, no one did anything as they awaited their food. But as more and more time passed, the children stopped noticing their hunger, and began to notice fear.

Osco’s really good at that, I thought. His eyelids were drawn close, and he had an evil smile on his face as he talked. I looked around, to see if the story was affecting anyone besides Rudy. The truth was, this story had no effect on me. I had heard it when I was a child, when my dad brought some friends of mine and I camping. I saw Kirby King’s eyes were wide, and Shy Guy was rigidly still. CyberWolf looked up to the treetops, seeming more bored than anything. As I watched, Arrow and Thundermistress, who had been sitting near each other, starting scooting ever-so slowly closer together. Arrow didn’t have his original cockiness. Zeldafox had her arms crossed, like she wasn’t impressed. And Nollat scooted closer to the smaller fire, trying to warm up.

“After about ten minutes, the campers asked their supervisor where their campmate had gone. He only replied that he probably got lost, and sent two of the others to look for him.

“It got to be after dark, and the campers began to seriously worry about their friends. The adult told them to go to sleep, and he would go to look for the others campers himself. Now, only seven remained in the camp. They set up their tents, and started a fire to keep warm. None of them could fall asleep until they were sure that their friends were safe.

“After a while, one of the boys noticed a cat, sitting at the treeline, watching them. Feeling compassionate, as it was cold that night, the boy walked over to the cat, picked it up, and brought it closer to the fire. The cat walked around the fire, doing nothing but looking at it. Then, it turned to the boys, and as they watched, it began to grow. It grew, and grew, and grew, and it finally turned into their supervisor!”

Rudy shivered, eyes as big as plates, and pulled the blanket closer around himself. Kirby King had his cape drawn around his body, Shy Guy wasn’t moving an inch, and Arrow and Thundermistress were sitting almost side-by-side now. CyberWolf scratched his head and yawned, while Zeldafox continued to be unimpressed. Nollat was still sitting next to the fire, oblivious to the story.

“When they asked him what was going on, he sprouted fangs and attacked them! They screamed and ran away! …but none of them were ever seen again…

Rudy’s jaw dropped, and I could barely contain my laughter.

The green light intensified, thought whether Psychicpuff had done that on purpose I wasn’t sure. But now most of the firelight was blocked and the emerald green light played shadows all across the campsite. “They say that on cold nights in the Forbidden Jungle, you can hear the three lost campers, who never met up with their friends again.”

I knew what was coming next. I quietly opened my Pokéball, letting Sandshrew loose over by the treeline. The only one who saw me do it was Zeldafox, who was softly tapping her fingers on the ground, and had her lips pressed together, keeping her laughter in.

“They also say…” Osco said, his voice rising, “…that if you see a cat in the forest you should stay far, far away. It could be the demonic camp supervisor out for fresh new blood!”

“Cat!” Zeldafox cried, trying to scare everyone. She pointed at Sandshrew. “It’s the demonic camp supervisor!” At that same moment, the light to Psychicpuff’s gem went completely out, leaving us almost completely in the dark. I assumed now that he could control the intensity of the light.

“AAAAAAH!” Rudy scooted quickly back to our tent and leapt underneath my own blanket, while keeping his wound around his body. Kirby King fell over backwards, and joined Rudy in our tent, also under the covers. Shy Guy jumped straight into the air, flying out of sight for several seconds, and then grabbed onto the highest branches of the trees around us as he fell. Arrow and Thundermistress were now hugging each other, eyes closed, shaking.

All the while Osco, Zeldafox, and I roared with laughter. Psychichpuff looked amused, he had a smile on his face, but kept any comments he had to himself. CyberWolf was looking around like we were acting foolish. And Nollat had jumped to his feet, trying to figure out where three of our teammates had gone.

I continued to laugh, and pulled Sandshrew to me. Arrow and Thundermistress looked up at me at the same time, and then at each other. They quickly let go of and pulled far away from each other. Rudy and Kirby King were still in the tent, hiding under the covers. And Shy Guy had his arms wound around the treetops above us.

CyberWolf looked up, and then at our tent, “You guys, you can come out. There is no… demonic cat camp supervisor or whatever. It was just Sandshrew.”

Shy Guy apparently had had his eyes closed, because now he shouted down, “Hey! That’s not funny!” Rudy and Kirby King turned around to look, and saw me holding Sandshrew.

“Hey what’s the idea?”

They rejoined the circle, and Shy Guy fell very close to the fire itself. Zeldafox slapped Osco a high five, and winked at me.

“So Arrow,” I said evilly. “Scared of a little tabby cat?” Zeldafox chuckled.

Some of Psychicpuff’s light had returned, but it wasn’t strong enough for me to tell if he was blushing or not. “…No. I just… had a bad camping experience as a kid.”

“What, did your supervisor try to eat you?”

“No.” He said quickly, defending himself. “I got lost… for like four hours. And then… I got chased.”

“Chased? By what?” I asked him.

He looked down at the ground and mumbled something.

“What was that?” I asked him again.

“It was a… a Pikachu.”

I laughed even harder. Pikachu were naturally curious, but didn’t attack strangers unless they were attacked. And you’d assume someone wouldn’t be afraid of something that looked like a mouse. I would also be sure to tease him about Thundermistress later.

“Okay, look guys, it was a story, nothing more,” said CyberWolf, trying to calm everybody down. “Now I know this is a bad time to say this but, we need food.”

Everyone looked around nervously, not wanting to volunteer. I didn’t want to volunteer either, but not because of the story. I didn’t want to run into any of those spiders.

“McFox, you and Zeldafox will go out and look for food.”

“What? Why us?” He stared disapprovingly. “Okay, okay, I know why. Sheesh.”

“Just use that night-vision thing you have on your helmet and you guys will be fine.”

“Alright, let’s go Zelda.” We entered the forest, and slipped on my helmet and pulled the visor out. Zeldafox was following me. We eventually reached some fruit trees, and brought back as much as we could carry. It turned out not to be enough, so CyberWolf sent us back out again.

Each time, I kept thinking I could see things move on the edges of my vision. But when I turned to look it was gone. Pull yourself together, I thought. There’s nothing to be afraid of in this forest.

“Boo!” Zeldafox shouted, as she shoved a tree branch into the back of my head. Of course, paranoid as I was, it felt enough like a gigantic spider trying to kill me.

“Yah!” I spun around and swung my arms around, while Zeldafox cracked up with laughter. Noticing I wasn’t about to die, I looked at her ferociously, “Not funny. I’ve already had a close call in this jungle.”

She lowered her head, “I’m sorry.”

I straightened my jacket. “It’s alright. Now, let’s get back to that fruit.”

We returned to the campsite, and everyone ate their fill. We carefully put the fire out, and eventually we were all calm enough to get to sleep.

~~~
~~~
~~~

P.S. If you like my writing, make sure to check out A Certain Point of View, 1/3 of it written by me :). Arrow and CyberWolf, two other awesome writers, are doing it as well. A joint fic which we decided to do recently, you should enjoy it if you like the SmashWorld Forum fics.

spartacus751

Smash Journeyman
Another great update. I have to agree with everyone else, this definetly outbeats the first merchants tale.

And the ghost story scene was funny. but still, i wonder what McFox has to do to finish his bargain for Crystalls life...o well, well find out sooner or later.

I thougth Nolat was with them?

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
Awesome! And I was in the opening scene! The ghost story was well set up, building suspense to the point where I shut off my music and leaned in super close to my monitor. Great update, pal, be sure to hook us up with another soon.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol! The ghost story bit was funny, had me cracking me up! ^_^ And good to see DOS's log too...hhmm...want to know what's been happenin with Venom...well, we'll just hafta wait till the next chapter! Keep up the awesome work and update soon ^_^

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thougth Nolat was with them?
And Nollat had jumped to his feet, trying to figure out where three of our teammates had gone.
You need to read more carefully ;)

Anywho, awesome update McNugget! The DOS's log returns! Sweet! And the ghost story part was hilarious. Props for using the Yoshi's Island cave theme. That song kicks arse! And now... you're moment of zen:

As I watched, Arrow and Thundermistress, who had been sitting near each other, starting scooting ever-so slowly closer together.
Arrow and Thundermistress were now hugging each other, eyes closed, shaking.
Bling bling ;) ;) ;)

PS: I'm kidding TM ;)

psychicpuff

Smash Lord
This is getting more and more interesting! This is getting better and better by the day.

It's a good thing that I can tell what's going to happen in the story. I would love to control my gem like a rheostat.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Well, I geuse since DOS is after me, I should do what Ridley would do, get a meta upgrade and act like a wimp before going uber power on his @$$! Maybe I should learn to spit fire too... ;)

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, it seems i was "debut and goodbye" in this fic...

LOL the storytelling scene was funny. Keep the good work up.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Great update Mcfox, loved the ghost story, albeit it was pretty corny (but arent they all ;) ) Anyways, keep it up!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Chapter 8~ Captured Corporal

Water and Ice
“So, do either of you know how to fly this thing?”

“I will fly it,” said Gilgamesh. “You both buckle up.”

The craft was very small and cramped. Everything gleamed a dull, silver color. Overall, it wasn’t a very reliable or dependable ship. Nonetheless, Corporal Gilgamesh expertly guided the ship above the treetops, and they were quickly zooming west.

“How far did the Administrator say it was?”

“About ten miles.”

They continued to fly, passing nothing of interest on the way there. Gilgamesh stopped exactly ten miles from where they had left, but nothing was in sight besides trees.

“Make slow circles,” said Dejavu. “If you make circles wider and wider, eventually we’ll find what we’re looking for.”

Gilgamesh spun the ship around, bring the craft in wider and wider circles around the starting point.

“Hey, Corporal, look down there. Is that it?” Arcube had been staring out of the window intently.

Gilgamesh brought the craft around again, “Yes, that’s it.”

He lowered the craft, and they exited, taking in their surroundings. Obviously, the building had been abandoned for a long time. But when filled it must have been magnificent. But now, broken down walls and lumber filled their vision. Pieces of wood, signs, and all kinds of other things littered the site. There was a tool shed in the back, which was surprisingly still standing. In fact, it looked to be in very good condition.

All of their eyes narrowed as they saw the building. “Something seem, funny about that building to you?”

“You mean like the fact that it’s still standing?”

“That… and the fact that there’s a nice, shiny new padlock on the door.”

“Let’s check it out,” said Gilgamesh, drawing two of his four swords. They walked over to the cabin, and he pressed his ear up against it.

Something inside gave a kick, causing him to flinch back. There was something inside the shed, something alive. “Stand back,” he said to his two comrades. He raised one sword, and with one easy slice knocked the lock off of the door. Slowly, he opened the door.

Laying there, bound and gagged, were two citizens of SmashWorld. One of them had a long black trench coat, and blue hair that pointed straight up. He was wearing blue jeans and a blue shirt as well. The second person was wearing a white coat, similar to the first’s. He also had on blue pants, and a blue shirt. His hair was mixed white and blue. But they assumed his hair wasn’t naturally white yet, he still looked young.

Both of the captives squinted in the new light. Noticing their rescuers, they began screaming muffled screams.

“Just take off the gag first.” They removed the two gags.

“Whew, thanks.”

“Who are you?” Asked Gilgamesh guardedly.

“I’m Crono, and this is Mr. Freeze. We were sent by Gideon to scout ahead for Spammer forces.”

“Oh wait, you must be the two members Gideon mentioned at the meeting.”

“Meeting?” Asked Mr. Freeze. “What meeting? What’s going on?”

“Well, Gideon rounded up everyone in the army, and now everyone’s being sent out or guarding the city among other things.”

“Oh no! You’ve got to get us back to him right away!”

“Why?”

“We have some very important information he needs to know.”

“Alright then,” Arcube began untying Mr. Freeze’s restraints. Gilgamesh pulled him away.

“Wait, they could be tainted. This could be a trap.”

“WRONG!!!!1”

They spun around. A Spammer was standing directly behind them. He had large claws for hands, and he was standing alone with an air of confidence around himself. Crono and Mr. Freeze hadn’t seen him, they were still in the tool shed.

“What, are you going to attack us?” Asked Dejavu. “Please. We’d destroy you. You’re no match for the three of us.”

“ACTuually, U r no mATCh fOR the Us!!!!11”

Spammers walked slowly, willfully, out of the trees and into sight. Within moments, they were completely surrounded. “We SET a tRaPP 4 U!!!11” Said the first Spammer.

Gilgamesh and Dejavu drew their weapons, while Arcube readied a psychic spell.

“Wait!” Cried Crono from the shed. “You can’t fight them with magic! That’s the important information! Somehow, they’re resistant to all magical attacks!”

All that was left was Gilgamesh and Dejavu. And there was no way they could win against all of these Spammers alone. Defeated, they held up their hands, and were tied, bound, and gagged. Crono and Mr. Freeze were re-gagged, and all of them were thrown into the tool shed once again.

Delta’s Log 2
Delta’s Log. Date: Thursday, July 12. Time: 8.23.11 pm.
After arriving at SmashWorld and getting clearance from Gideon, Ria and I entered the city.

“Where do you think we should look first?” Asked Ria.

“That’s a tough question. All of the citizens have been asked to stay inside, so I doubt anyone has seen him. I think our first stop should be our old friend Evil Pichu.”

We crossed the city on foot, noticing the absence of… everything.

“The city’z kind of strange with no one outzide.”

“Yeah, like a ghost town or something.” I fully expected a tumbleweed to cross our path at any moment. It was very unsettling. Nothing was moving, no cars drove down the street. Every once in a while I would see a pair of eyes looking at us through a window. But as soon as I saw them, they disappeared.

We crossed the city, without any troubles besides our own psychological maintenance. But even on the poorer side of town, nothing moved. We went to the place we knew was Evil Pichu’s last hideout, an old abandoned factory.

I got all of my weapons at the ready, as did Ria. E. Pichu was probably still holding a grudge from when we stole the Luna from him.

I moved up against the wall, and stuck my gun through the door first. Nothing stirred. I peered around the corner, but could read no life-signs on the first floor. I motioned for Ria to silently follow me with a wave of two fingers. We moved inside the room, keeping up against the wall all the time. Still making out no life readings, we headed for the stairs.

I stepped on the first stair, and it immediately broke into hundreds of pieces. My foot crashed through it and into the floor, making a huge crash. If anyone had been in the building, they must have heard it.

But still, nothing moved. I stepped as lightly as I could onto the second step, and it held. Slowly but surely, we moved up the stairs. Nothing moved within the building, the only sounds besides our footsteps were my short breaths.

We reached the second floor, and found… nothing. Nothing at all, anywhere. I turned to Ria, “Let’s just go. There’s no one here but us. Evil Pichu must have moved hideouts.”

He smirked, “Well, criminals have been known to change locations every once in a while. They rarely stay in the same place for over a year.”

“Oh shut up,” I said tolerantly. We left the building, and continued our search.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Travelin’
“I’ve got a question,” I said to no one in particular.

“What is it McFox?”

“Why is this place called the ‘Forbidden’ Jungle anyway? It’s obviously not really forbidden.”

Zeldafox grinned, “I can answer that one. Of course, this might be a story I could save for the campfire tonight…”

Shy Guy patted his “chest” with his “fists,” and looked at Thundermistress, “And uh… if anyone needs a hug to comfort them, I’m always available.”

Thundermistress scowled, and held up a finger to Shy Guy.

“No, wait. What are you- YAAAAAAAH!!!”

Thundermistress electrocuted him for several seconds, while the rest of us watched with wide eyes. “What were you saying?” She asked steely.

“No-nothing. Me? I didn’t say anything.”

She pointed at the rest of us, “No one else is getting any hugs from me,” she pointed at Arrow, “including you. Got it?”

We all looked at Shy Guy’s burnt robes, and nodded silently.

She rubbed her hands together, “That’s what I thought.”

“Now come on Zeldafox, just tell us the story now.”

“Alright alright. The reason the forest is forbidden is because there used to be a race of monsters that had claimed this forest as their own.”

“A race of monsters?” Asked Psychicpuff. “This close to the city?”

“Well, they weren’t you average, everyday monsters. These monsters lived in the trees. They were called Dropbears.”

“Dropbears?”

“Dropbears! They were about four feet tall, with four inch fangs and huge claws that could kill anyone with a single swipe or a single bite.”

“So, why are they called Dropbears?” Asked Kirby King.

Arrow looked at him, “Isn’t it obvious? They’d drop right in front of a wandering traveler, and attack him. Right?”

“Wrong,” said Zeldafox smugly. “Dropbears were said to drop directly onto a person’s head, and bite out their throat instantly. The person would never stand a chance.”

Subconsciously, I scanned the tops of the trees ahead of us.

“Supposedly, the Dropbears all disappeared a couple hundred years ago, at the same time as the Chocobos. But some people still say they’ve been attacked, and luckily survived.”

“But… if they were attacked, and Dropbears immediately kill when they attack, then how could anyone survive?”

“No predator is perfect. Even those who believe in their own perfection are subject to fail.” Nollat was walking behind me.

“Do you know that from experience?” I asked innocently. “What’s it like on Phrynosa?”

“Sadly, it is probably not something I could tell easily with the limited grasp of your human language.”

I rolled my eyes, but didn’t correct him about his error in the use of the word “human” again.

“Why don’t you tell us?” Said CyberWolf. “We’ve got to stop for some food anyway.”

“Alright. After I have eaten, I will attempt to explain my world to you.”

Face to Face
Sir, we are moving the two armored trucks at normal speed southwestward of the city. We have experienced no problems.

“Good,” was Gideon only reply. He was sending the trucks south to draw the Spammers out. He only hoped they would be able to hold their own in a battle. However, the two trucks were being led by Amorasaki and XDadepsak. They would be able to take on anything thrown at them.

We are just approaching 8 miles southwest of the city. We… wait… what is that?

Gideon held the radio close to his face. What was what?

Sir, there is a large Spammer force directly in front of us. What should we do?

“Attack them,” said Gideon immediately. The Spammers wouldn’t let them escape now. They had no choice but to fight. It would be a sorry loss for the Spammers. Some of Gideon’s best magic users were on that truck.

~~~

To anyone who may read this…

My name is Unknown X. I joined the army in hopes that I could help to save SmashWorld Forums, my home. If anyone should ever read this letter, please, find my wife and tell her I love her. And my son as well, however old he would be. I do not know if I shall ever see them again. We have encountered a large Spammer force, and Gideon has ordered the attack. We are filing off of the trucks as I write this. I do not know what the Spammers are doing. They are simply standing there, like they’re, waiting for something.

I hope I may live long enough to write another letter like this one. But if I do not, at least I die with honor. However, perhaps I shouldn’t be so grim. Our magic users could easily take out any number of Spammers. I do try, however, not to be overly optimistic.

-Unknown X

As Unknown X stepped off of the truck, he threw his letter up into the air, and let it be carried away by the wind.

~~~

Amorasaki stood in front of his troops. “Spammer force, surrender now, and we shall spare your lives. Attack, and you will all be destroyed.”

One Spammer, larger than the others, with one normal hand and one spear hand, stepped forward. “Ah yes, Moderator Amorasaki. I believe we’ve got a bit of a surprise for you.”

Amorasaki was surprised by the Spammer’s use of coherent speech. “A surprise huh? Is that your way of saying ‘please kill us’?”

The Spammer smirked, if that was even possible with its deformed face. “Actually, I believe you’ll be the ones killed. Go ahead, attack me. I will not even flinch.”

Amorasaki’s eyes narrowed as he took in the situation. How could the Spammer be so confident? They were usually very cowardly. However, if he wanted a magic attack, he would get one. “Murlock… step forward.”

A man wearing loose, baggy black clothing, walked directly behind and to the right of Amorasaki. “Attack the lead Spammer.”

Murlock put two fingers to his forehead, and balled his right hand into a fist. As everyone, the Spammer and SmashWorld armies alike, watched on, both of Murlock’s hands began to glow a dark, black color. Shadow energy burst forth from his hands, and soon enveloped his whole body. But through it all, Murlock didn’t move. No noise was made. A songbird could be heard in the nearby trees.

“YAH!” With one powerful burst of Shadow magic, a huge black ball was blasted directly into the lead Spammer. An explosion enveloped his body, and nearly knocked Murlock off of his own feet. The birds in the nearby trees took flight from the danger.

Smoke was all that could be seen where the Spammer’s body was. But it was still too dense to see through. And then, it began to disperse. It revealed… the Spammer, completely unharmed and uninjured.

Amorasaki’s eyes widened with wonder and awe. Even he would’ve been weakened by an attack like that.

The lead Spammer began to laugh. “Oh, you poor fool you. We’ve got greater beings than ourselves watching over us this day. No magical harm should come to us, I think?”

Amorasaki turned to his battalion, as the Spammer continued to laugh. “Alright, I want all magic users at the rear of the force, anyone with a weapon up front.” He turned around, and stared into the Spammer’s eyes. They both yelled at the same time…

“CHARGE!”

psychicpuff

Smash Lord
Whoopsie. This looks bad. Immune to magic? If that is so, they must be immune to healing spells too. I guess it may be a drawback, but I would see what's in store first.

(Ignore this post from a Warcraft III player)

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
Excellent chapter, McFox, and a great cliffhanger to end it on. You have me on the edge of my seat for the next installment, buddy.

Shy Guy patted his “chest” with his “fists,” and looked at Thundermistress, “And uh… if anyone needs a hug to comfort them, I’m always available.”
I laughed so hard I think I lost one of my lungs right there. Awesome chapter, pal.

bunjiman008

BRoomer
BRoomer
We all just love our resident Shy Guy.

An intelligent spammer? This is the end of all things. Maybe it has something to do with "the one." However it is, this does not look good for our courageous fighters.

Live on, Unknown X! *fingers crossed*

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer

Yes well, I figured it would be easier to tell what's going on if I provided a visual example. And yes, I know it's not a work of art, so sue me ;).

Anyway, the arrow (SmashWorld Army) has just met up with the red circle (Spammer army). Unbeknowst to them, the blue circle (other portion of Spammer army (these are not entire armies I'm talking about, just what's currently being discussed in the story)) is circling behind them to ambush. You can see McFox and Co. (black dot) is near the two armies, keeping in the jungle. I didn't show it, but the warehouse where Gilgamesh and Co. are is in the northern Forest of Fantasies area.

That's basically it for now. I may make more "maps" later if the need presents itself.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whoa what's with the reflective spammers? and the coherent spammer? intriguing, intriguing i tell ya. I'm lookin' forward to read the next.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Aiee, magic resistant, thats no good, and I too wonder why the spammer was speaking coherently........Keep it up Mc, cant wait for the next update!

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thundermistress scowled, and held up a finger to Shy Guy.

“No, wait. What are you- YAAAAAAAH!!!”

Thundermistress electrocuted him for several seconds, while the rest of us watched with wide eyes. “What were you saying?” She asked steely.

“No-nothing. Me? I didn’t say anything.”

She pointed at the rest of us, “No one else is getting any hugs from me,” she pointed at Arrow, “including you. Got it?”
w00t! Had a good laugh over that whole bit! ^_^ hehe, I wanna fry more peoples!
Though...does sound very worrisome, immune to magic.....darnnit! What's coming to our smashboardian army next?!

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
:cry:

Anywho, awesome chapter as always. And the map was uber-helpful. As excellent as your writing skills are, I'll admit that I was having difficulty placing everything in it's right location in my head. So thanks for the visual aid. This story is really starting to heat up. Sounds like next chapter will be action packed! Hope it comes soon ;)

Waluigi911

Smash Lord
More great work, NINE! It's neat how the mountain range was named after Mt. Chillus. :D I couldn't think of a good name for the mountain.

Anyway, I have a question... Am I also in the Smash World army?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Chapter 9~ Battle of the Cavalry

The First Battle
Both lines of the army advanced as quickly as their legs could possibly carry them. And as the first few blades swung, the war truly started.

The archers, who when leaving the truck had been stationed in the trees surrounding the road, began firing at once. With perfect accuracy and skill, they shot arrow after arrow into the Spammers. While magic didn’t have any effects on the Spammer, physical attacks did. Each Spammer with an arrow planted in him fell down to the ground, writhing. Occasionally an archer would try to fire a magical arrow, such as fire or ice, but these had no effect. The archers shot at the Spammers nearest to them, but they weren’t nearly enough.

Those Smashboardians with guns circled the perimeter of the road, firing and firing, always staying behind Smashboardian lines. One after another they shot, and sometimes it took several bullets or lasers to take down a Spammer. These were no ordinary Spammers, that was for sure.

The Spammer’s own army was definitely larger than this portion of SmashWorld’s. They completely filled the road, and it soon became clear that they meant to surround the SmashWorld army. They converged from all sides, were driven back, only to surround again. Each time, they were expertly driven away by the hard work of SmashWorld’s men and women, but it wasn’t enough.

Every time the Spammers converged, more troops fell to the ground, dead or not far from it. This was a motivation for the army members, who watched their own friends and family members fall. They cried out in pain, agony, anger, or fear, and always harder and harder did they push back against the Spammers. It was a hopeless battle, but they were holding their own. No flying troops had been notified about the battle yet. Only a few had been rallied, and were circling overhead.

Suddenly, just as the Spammers started another attack, a Mobian bird came shooting out of the sky like an arrow himself. For a moment, everyone stopped to watch as he plummeted to the ground, wings folded back, hands extended forward.

“Supermoderator Amorasaki!”

Amorasaki, who had been leading the attacks, looked up to see the bird falling like a rock. “What?!”

“Sir! Spammers! More of them, in the forest, circling behind us! They plan to ambush us!”

Before Amorasaki could act, they rushed out of the forest from behind. A cry of triumph went up from the already-fighting Spammers. They could see their victory close at hand. More Spammers, hundreds, ran from the trees and began to attack the back lines of SmashWorld’s army. These were the magic users, those sent to the back because they had no useful weapons for use against the Spammers.

Some ran away into the forest, only to be taken by the Spammers still lurking there. Some tried to fight back, hand-to-hand, only to fall to the ground, dead.

Amorasaki and XDadepsak ran to the back, forgetting the front for the moment. They charged into battle, and seeing their leaders crushing Spammers left and right, other Smashboardians joined in as well. Hundreds of them turned around, and rushed the new Spammers and overwhelmed them in sheer numbers. Dozens of Spammers were taken out by an archer’s arrows, or by laser fire, or by the blades of the army. More and more fell, until only the remnants remained from behind. The Spammers were gone there, all dead. But SmashWorld had lost many soldiers as well. It wasn’t looking good from the start. And then, the forward Spammers converged, once again attacking whomever was closest to them.

Orders
Gideon we can’t keep this up much longer!

“What’s the situation there?!” Gideon shouted into his radio.

About a third of our force is gone! Spammers tried to ambush us from behind, but we killed most of them. But there aren’t enough of us to defeat what’s left! We’re going to have to surrender!

“No!” Gideon yelled. “Help is on the way! Hang in there!”

He looked around, “You ten! Stop what you’re doing and come here now!”

Ten soldiers who had been working on the forts ran to stand before their commander, oblivious to the battle that was taking place. “Do you all know how to pilot hover-jets?”

They all nodded their heads.

“Pilot them well?” Gideon corrected himself. This wasn’t time for amateurs.

Only one was not skilled on the hover-jet. He was sent away, while the other nine remained. Hover-jets were about a third the size of a normal car. They hovered, obviously, and had the ability of reaching great speeds and maintaining them for hours. Hover-jets usually came with two forward facing laser cannons, as well as a missile launcher.

“All right, down the southwest road about five miles from here, a battle is taking place. You nine are to pilot the hover-jets onto the battlefield, taking out what Spammers you can. Now go, quickly! Time is not on our side today. I fear it may already too late to send the larger and slower vehicles into battle.”

The nine were off, and quickly mounted the jets. Without another word, they accelerated, and sped into the trees.

McFox & Co.
Humans seem to be fickle creatures. Saying one thing, and doing another. However, it has come to my attention that they are extremely adaptable. While in my short visit to the forest, these humans had made use of the many resources surrounding us, and done things I would not have known how. I hope in the future if I am ever trapped, I will have a human along who knows what to do.
– from the SmashWorld Journals of Nollat Ruof Sebez Thgie Thgie Eerht Rase

“So Nollat, now that we’ve eaten, what’s it like on Phrynosa?”

He sighed, and rested his hands on his knees. “Phrynosa is a simple place, much simpler than this SmashWorld. I…” He stopped suddenly, cocking his head to the side.

“What’s the matter?” Asked Thundermistress.

“There is something nearby, I can hear it. Large feet, gruff voices, and speaking in a strange tongue. They are within a half-mile from where we sit now.”

“How many?” Asked Rudy.

“Impossible to say,” he said, his voice grim. “But I believe it is our enemy.”

“Wait,” said Arrow, now concentrating with Holy magic. “There’s a battle, there’s a battle going on! Spammer versus SmashWorld, to our right, on the road!”

“We’ve got to do something!” Cried Zeldafox. We all jumped to our feet and drew our weapons.

“No,” said CyberWolf suddenly, cutting everyone off. “Our orders are to stay out of fights. We won’t go into battle. We will use this chance while the Spammers are diverted to move further south.”

I stared at him, openmouthed. “Smashboardians are being killed right now, and you’re saying we’re not going to do anything?”

“That’s exactly what I’m saying. You disobey those orders, and you can take it up with Gideon.”

Well, that’s exactly what I planned to do. I slipped on my helmet, and using the satellite receiver called my own house.

“Hello?”

“Ticadrius!”

“Hey man! You heading home so soon?”

“Tic this is no time for games, and there’s no time to explain. I need you to pilot the Merchant 9 out here right away!” CyberWolf was glaring at me, but said nothing more.

“What? Why? And how?”

“Just do it!” I yelled in desperation. “The ship will be able to locate my helmet on its own. You just need to find me, now!”

“Alright! Will-do!”

“You know you’re disobeying Gideon’s own orders,” said CyberWolf disapprovingly.

“Yeah, I know. But it’s a risk I’m willing to take, lives are at stake here!”

The Merchant 9
“Ticadrius?”

He had just hung up the phone and was running downstairs as Lily stopped him. “Yes?”

“Who was that?”

“It was… uh… it was McFox.”

“Really? What is it? Why did he call?”

“I’m not exactly sure, I just know he needs the Merchant 9 right away!”

“Is he okay?”

Tictac was about to blow her off and run downstairs, when he heard the worry in her voice. He stopped, “He sounded okay on the phone, just desperate. I’ve gotta go now.”

“Oh… okay…”

Ticadrius ran downstairs, hurrying to punch in the right code for the Merchant 9. Thankfully, McFox had told him the code, in case of emergency. He turned on the engines and opened the roof, and he was quickly accelerating over the Forbidden Jungle.

Just as McFox had said, there was a small blip that was identified as McFox’s helmet. He sped toward it, noticing hover-jets beneath him. But he had no time to watch them now, as amazing as they were to witness. He had a job to perform.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Hover-jets
We waited for a few tense moments for the Merchant 9 to show up. I tried to figure out who I would ask to help me. It seemed as though all of them wanted to follow Gideon’s orders more than save lives.

Finally, I saw the small white spot in the sky quickly approaching. It swung in a wide arc, angling down at us all the time. Tictac landed in a small unforested area near us.

“Thanks Tictac!” I yelled as I ran to the back of the ship, burning my side on the engines as I ran past. A mistake I would not have made under normal circumstances, but times were desperate. I opened the cargo bay, revealing a hover-jet. I had been working on it for months, and had had lots of practice on it. I mounted it, and quickly backed out of the bay. I boosted forward to be surrounded by my friends.

“Ticadrius, don’t leave, we’re not finished with the ship yet. I’m going to pilot the hover-jet onto the battlefield and take down as many Spammers as I can. Ticadrius, I want you to fly over the battlefield too. However, you’ll need someone else at the guns…” I looked around.

“I’ll do it,” said Rudy, the first to volunteer. He walked over by Ticadrius, waiting to get back on the ship.

“He can do lasers,” I said, “but there are still missiles to be accounted for.”

“I will,” said Arrow, and he moved by Ticadrius too.

“Thanks guys. I don’t have a lot of time to explain the controls, you’ll figure it out, it’s not hard. CyberWolf,” I turned to him, and handed him a small metal ball the size of a marble. “Keep that, it’s a tracking device. You guys can keep moving south if you want to, the three of us can find you using that.”

I was about to speed away when Tictac stopped me, “Hey man, I saw some hover-jets heading this way from one of the forts when I flew over. You should try to hook up with them, together you can do more damage.”

I smiled, despite myself, “Thanks. Alright then, I’m off. I’ll meet up with the rest of you later.” I fired up the throttle, and before anyone could blink again, and I had sped into the trees at near-top speed. I punched the radio to receive and broadcast to the nearest receiver. “Hello, hello? Are you there?!”

After a few moments, “Who is this?! We are on a highly urgent mission!

“I know of your mission, and I want to help! I too have a hover-jet, with many months of experience on it! I want to ride into battle with you!”

Another moment’s silence, “Then you shall meet us on the battlefield! We ride with honor to destroy the Spammer scum!” His voice was cut off, but I was pleased. I zipped seamlessly in and out of the trees around me, the world nothing but a bright green blur. Luckily, the computer could make adjustments if my reflexes weren’t quick enough. I blew past several bewildered Spammers, but I had no time to focus on a small group. These were probably the ones Nollat had heard before.

And suddenly, the battlefield was before me. I could see the Spammers, separated from the army for now. It looked like they were about to attack though.

Blasting Through the Lines
Administrator Gideon, the battlefield is ahead. We will be upon them within moments,” I had forgotten I had left my receiver on their channel. And before they were able to transmit again, I saw them. Flying down the road at least one hundred miles an hour, a cloud of dust in their wake. It flew up into the sky, like it was afraid of the hover-jets, as if it were jumping out of the way of the bikes.

I flew towards them away from the battlefield, breaking the treeline. They decelerated when they saw me, but not much. I rode beside the lead rider.

He looked over my bike, “Good, we can use all the help we can get! Come now, we ride!”

We blasted off, ten highly trained hover-jet pilots. We flew onto the battlefield, past the bewildered Amorasaki and XDadepsak, past the army which was still desperately fighting, and straight into the Spammer lines.

“FIRE!” Shouted the leader. I turned my lasers forward, and blasted apart any Spammers daring enough to stand before me. Within seconds, we’d gone through one side of their force and out the other. We had turned to our right, and were now heading west.

“Sir, we need to turn around!”

“We can’t, it’s too dangerous with the trees!”

“Wait!” I yelled to him. “Lake Dolphin Haven! We can use it to reverse our direction!”

“Good thinking! On my mark!” I saw him whiz past at an even greater speed than I was going. I sped up, catching him, and trailing him. Soon, the lake was ahead.

“DECELERATE!” He cried. If we had hit the water too fast, the jets would compensate for the sudden terrain switch, and slow down immediately, likely throwing us to our doom. We decelerated to around fifty miles an hour, and made a wide arc just above the frosty blue waves. When we facing the right direction again, we charged.

Back to the Merchant 9
“Tictac, do you know how to fire the lasers?” Rudy asked.

Ticadrius had just lifted off. “It’s that joystick there. You aim where you want to, the crosshairs will show where you’re aiming, and the top button is to fire. It’s the same with the missiles, only they’re on top. Ready?”

Both Arrow and Rudy fired test-shots into the air.

“I’m going to take it slow, so you guys have time to fire. We… wait, what’s that?”

A huge black shadow was blotting out the sun. They could see many moving parts, but was it?

“The fliers!” Yelled Rudy. “The cavalry’s arrived!”

Ticadrius accelerated the ship, just as the fliers reached them, each clutching a weapon. The Merchant 9 lead the flying creatures onto the battlefield.

They flew above the treetops, and soon the battlefield lay before them. “Get ready…” Tictac warned. “…and… FIRE!”

Rudy and Arrow aimed and blasted at as many Spammers as they could. Missiles blew through the ranks, and they were incinerated with laser fire. The fliers directly behind them began launching bob-ombs down into the Spammer force. And, just as Ticadrius was about to circle around, they saw McFox and the others on the hover-jets blow through the trees and back onto the battlefield. They flew past, leaving ten distinctly clear lines in the Spammers.

“It’s going to work!” Rudy yelled, “We’re going to win!”

The ground troops, seeing these new arrivals, vocalized a cry that could be heard for miles. They charged, just as Arrow and Rudy began blasting once again at the Spammers, and the fliers released more bob-ombs. The hover-jets blew past once more firing lasers and missiles, and at last, the Spammers began to retreat. They ran away, terrified for their own lives, fearing their safety. They fled the battlefield and headed southwestward on the road.

Wrap-up
Should we follow them?” Asked Amorasaki.

“No,” answered Gideon. “Gather who you can, and properly bury the soldiers that were lost. I expect a full report within three days.

Yes sir. Oh, also, did you send McFox with the hover-jets?

Gideon looked at the radio incredulously, “No, he is on a secret mission and wasn’t to be seen!”

That’s what I thought, but sir, somehow he got a hold of a hover-jet, and piloted it onto the battlefield. He did play a major hand at the victory of this battle.

“He also completely ignored what orders I had given him!” Gideon shouted angrily.

I’m… just telling you what I saw sir.

“Alright alright. Anyway, I want you to carry out my orders at once.”

I sped into the woods before anyone could catch me. I had seen the Merchant 9 fly overhead southward, so Arrow and Rudy had probably caught up to the others by now.

I stopped my hover-jet and pulled out the small view-screen so I could find the others. Only… upon pulling it out, it broke off of my helmet and fell to the ground. It must have been hit by something, although I do not remember being hit.

I stared at it, disbelieving, for a moment. I was now lost. I couldn’t go back to SmashWorld because Gideon would force me to stay there. But I had no idea what lay in the forest ahead. And now I had very little chance of finding my friends again.

I revved up the engines, and took off. Perhaps, as was our original intent, I could overhear some Spammer conversation…

CheckboardChaser

Smash Ace
Awesome McFox! Can't wait to see the Flamers and the Hackers in action. But it looks like the Spammers are getting really hi-powered now.
Update soon, McFox! I can't wait to see the rest! It'll be awesome and I know it!

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
Awesome chapter, buddy! The action scenes were killer. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Simply awesome! The end was magnificent. You now going off on your own to try to accomplish the mission. I smell awesome plot twists!

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
McFox...

I have not read all of your stories, only a chapter here and there. And yet I openly attacked them in Anti Guy's fic.

It was foolish of me to judge a fan fic without actually reading it, the same with judging a video game before even playing it.

I can assuredly say that dislike in that categorey means that the person is jealous or biased, which I admit.

It was wrong of me. You put a lot of time and effort into your writing, and it pays off. Your fics are the most popular on Smash World, yet I shot them down in public.

For this, I openly and willingly apologize. My behavior was unacceptable and rash.

-Giygas

P.S. If using Smash Boards characters bothers anyone, simply replace the Smash Boards usernames with made-up characters of their own. This could have helped me out when I was foolish.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nice chapter MUKUFUKU-SAN! The battle was really intense. I honestly didn't expect the Smash World army to come out of that one on top. But now it looks like McFox is on his own... cliffhanger! ;) Update soon:)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Originally posted by spartacus751
Sweet battle, Mcfox. I acually thought that Smashworld was goin to loose for a while.

BTW, what do spammers look like? I know they have claws, but what else are their properties?
Originally posted by Arrow in A SmashWorld Odyssey
Putting the appearance of one of the fiends into words could prove a daunting task. At the most basic level, you could say they were humanoid, meaning they had a similar body structure to a Human or Lylatian. They had dark skin that shimmered shades of blue and purple in the light, but usually appeared to be solid black. Their bodies seemed to twist and bulge in random areas. Their heads were crowned by three long spikes curving upwards above large, alien eyes and mouths full of jagged teeth. This was the most generalized description Arrow could think of at the moment. Beyond that, every Spammer was unique in its exact appearance. Usually Spammers were very thin, but Arrow had seen some bulkier ones in the past. Normal hands consisted of four clawed fingers, but many Spammers chose to augment their form with replacement hands such as blades or pincers.
There ya go. Heh, probably should've done that for those people who haven't been reading Arrow's story in a while. Oh well, now you know :).

Heh, I might've made a couple of errors in that chapter on Tuesday. See, I wrote the whole thing on Tuesday, because I had this Beta Convention Wednesday-Friday (:sleep: ). But judging from the responses, it seems like I've did good enough.

And Giygas, thanks for that. I appreciate that you've decided not to judge it without reading the entire thing first :D.

spartacus751

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for clearing that up for me. So there hand-to-hand fighter. I relise now why the air slaughterd them. I was going to post that I thought it was sort of stupid the Spammers lost the second the air came, but then i thought about how i dont really know what a spammer is in your fic. I relise now that they cant attack air. Thanks again. Now i can go back to enjoying your fic.

:starman: 100th post!:starman: (dont know why people do that, nobody really cares. Oh well.)

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Wow, that battle scene was uber sweet, and disobeying Gid's orders, McFox you rebel, you! Anyway, keep it up, can't wait to see how McFox handles himself on his own....

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Hmm, I haven't really decided yet Waluigi. Since my fic isn't in-line with the other SWF fics, it could be anything. I guess I'll just write and see what happens :).

Heh, I want to apologize in advance. I probably won't be having any more updated until maybe Christmas Eve or the day before. I've got Mid-Terms all next week (Huge tests that cover all material we've learned from the beginning of the year!!! :crazy: :eek: ), and I am going to need to do some major studying for them. And sorry, but school comes before smashboards (well, most times... ok sometimes... eh, not really, but this occasion is important ;)). I promise I will update as soon as I can, but I'm not making any promises (wait...). So, don't expect to be on much next week at all. I'll be back after next week, when my two week Christmas vacation starts! :D

(BTW, I know I'm going to fail Chemistry. It's a given. The teacher's a... censored word here on SWF. I have absolutely no chance. I'm going to study, but I garuntee it's not going to help any -_-'.)

Team_Xtreme_666

Smash Journeyman
Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Originally posted by spartacus751
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u are the bringer r bad news. Ur evil if it wil take u that long. I know u have exams, but still

EVIL:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :: :
Looks like someones one the spammer side.... meh. Hmm, for Christmas Eve, that's a real long time for an update, oh well like they say, "Good things come for those who wait." so I'll wait.

Top Bottom