• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A handi-new feature is revealed on the DOJO!

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Iw ould just LOVE more inf o on SE, as some people may know...I would buy this game 5 times over JUST to play The Subspace Emissary

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
If we do get groups of some sort, I hope to god they aren't called crews. It's such a stupid and lame name.

Anyways, I think most of the angst from boring updates comes when it's just the one update. I mean, no one complained about Grabbing/Throwing being revealed, because we had a juicy Gray Fox update before it. We need more double updates.

saud

Smash Lord
Dont worry. He' got a big one comin. I can feel it.
I hope my body can take it!

On topic:

I don't like playing with handicap; I'd rather play against my opponent with him at his best and I improve by fighting him/her like that.

Crappy updates will continue till the end of the month. And on the first Monday the next month (December 3) we will get triple character updates w00t!!!

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
I hope my body can take it!

On topic:

I don't like playing with handicap; I'd rather play against my opponent with him at his best and I improve by fighting him/her like that.

Crappy updates will continue till the end of the month. And on the first Monday the next month (December 3) we will get triple character updates w00t!!!

handicap can help you to unlock charecters in no time that's for sure

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
This is GOOD? I guess I'd better lower my standards, then. By my current ones, the last decent update was October 29th (Stage Builder [And it pwnd {Bigtime}]). I thought I'd never see the day when "ZOMG n00b can PWN" updates were good.

:(:mad::urg:

blayde_axel

Smash Master
This is GOOD? I guess I'd better lower my standards, then. By my current ones, the last decent update was October 29th (Stage Builder [And it pwnd {Bigtime}]). I thought I'd never see the day when "ZOMG n00b can PWN" updates were good.

:(:mad::urg:
Some of my noobier friends used Handicaps... now, the Handicap system's a bit more understandable. So at least it's good for me.

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
well, i figured that there would be more cheap updates because of the release delay, but the last updates really disappointed me.
i thought we've hit rock bottom with the "which items are going to return?" update, but now i think it could get worse~

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
I don't feel like reading through 7 pages of text, but Item Switch is in :]

Final Smash is an item.. though, some will probably shoot me down and say it might not be removable.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
prettly lame update this week has ben weak. =( come on i want a huge update tmrw! well at least i got galaxy today its AMAZING!

Volrec

Smash Lord
dang, this update was so minor that i forgot what it was until i got home

decent nonetheless

also, starting with damage handicap now? ****ing awesome. Now I can do my own challenges

and expert more "sucky" updates for a realy long time now, he will need to filler for a whole 2 months.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I prefer this handicap much better over Melee's.

Neat update.

Now hopefully the NEXT GAME MODE update revealed is either Event Matches or Boarder the Platforms

or better yet...

WIFI UPDATE!

Team Giza

Smash Lord
lol at the "until now". Mindgames son.

Anyway, I hate the new system. I loved the old handicap as it allowed for Super characters against 3 weak ones for a fun and different experience. Now that is gone... and frankly I am quite mad. I don't think I have ever been this mad at an update.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I don't really care for the handicap update since I haven't used it in over a year and have no desire to use it whatsoever. I hope the next update is better.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
This feature can help in one simple way.

SURVIVIAL!!!!

This can help you fight under harder conditions with friends and pro players. If you can get at 70% then do 3 kos before you die aganist other really good players. I think that would be a very useful skill. It's more under the pressure and will help you in more challenging fights aganist other players online or people here.

So test yourself with computers on lvl 9 and you start off at a really high percentage. Might be good for training.

Just something for you to consider.

Beside there could be worse updates- "How to select characters!" or "How to put the game disc into the Wii!"

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
So far, this week reaks of stupid updates. Sakurai better be planning something good, or thousands of people would love to have his head.

I've never used handicap before, but I do agree, the old version was better.
I've wanted his head since the delay. I'm not even excited anymore over these updates. They've been pathetic.

king_neeso

Smash Apprentice
that would suck if it were this...
thursday update: Item Switch!!
Friday update: NEW RELEASE DATE 2/10/2021!!!!!! *record player scrathces* O__o
lol...that made me laugh. dont jinx it tho:p

lets hope that they do release a demo or at least the whole metroid corruption thing.

also i would like to see a pokemon trainer SE vid or Snakes SE vid

I've wanted his head since the delay. I'm not even excited anymore over these updates. They've been pathetic.
i know that feeling

M.K

Level 55
SOME updates are pathetic, I would have sufficed with just the "What are Assist Trophies?" Update. But NO! Sakurai spends an entire day talking about the same hack-and-slash AT just in a different body.

THAT sort update is filler, stupid, and pathetic.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
I'm so sick of these pointless updates. Seriously. They had to tell us about taunting and now this. What will the next update be? How To Move your Fingers? And what's with Captain Falcon? We haven't had a veteran update in well over a month, so I think we deserve the Falcon.

I've come to the conclusion that Sakurai is getting lazier. But just you wait till Dec. 3 or Christmas Eve/Day. There will probably be a good update for sure.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
ill say it again, these updates were not that bad at the time sakurai planned them, but since we saw vids for e for all we just arn't intrested. If you think about it we got alooooooot of info from those, but if we didnt see them i bet alot of these updates would b pretty sweet LIKE taunting somthing weve been waiting 4 like norfair

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
god these updates suck more and more everyday...
I'm so sick of these pointless updates. Seriously. They had to tell us about taunting and now this. What will the next update be? How To Move your Fingers? And what's with Captain Falcon? We haven't had a veteran update in well over a month, so I think we deserve the Falcon.

I've come to the conclusion that Sakurai is getting lazier. But just you wait till Dec. 3 or Christmas Eve/Day. There will probably be a good update for sure.

Top Bottom