• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A handi-new feature is revealed on the DOJO!

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
If you mean unlocking characters by playing a certain amount of VS matches, I always pick a small stage that I can fall off and use a fast character like Fox.

yeah that's a good idea:idea:......
but try not to fall off the stage....or you will lose the match:)

So far, this week reaks of stupid updates. Sakurai better be planning something good, or thousands of people would love to have his head.

I've never used handicap before, but I do agree, the old version was better.
WHY did they change it?

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
I like this update. Handicap in the old games slowed down characters, weakened their attacks, and caused them to become lighter, in effect changing the physics of the game. Therefore, it was useless as a tool to help improve new players because it played nothing like how Smash is supposed to be played.

This one will work much better as it gives new players an advantage yet still creates a situation where it's a fair fight how smash is supposed to be. I might even use this feature this time around.

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
well if you cant hit your opponent doesnt it make handicap useless.... at least old one let you have corps melee

saud

Smash Lord
If you mean unlocking characters by playing a certain amount of VS matches, I always pick a small stage that I can fall off and use a fast character like Fox.
yeah that's a good idea:idea:......
but try not to fall off the stage....or you will lose the match:)
Hmmm, I also meant let there be a 2nd controller inserted and let that be player 2. In that way, the winner (the one that didn't die) will face the unlockable character.

Or did you mean that set the PC on a handicap, so when you win and face the unlockable character, he/it will have a handicap?

UberBob

Smash Apprentice
It's a cool update sure, but wasn't it already obvious that we were gonna have a handicap option anyways? I mean what's a quality fighting game without it?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I dunno, Melee's handicap was very...effective. It was hard to win a 3v1 (for the 3) when the 3 die with any attack that is a tilt or stronger. Of course, that's when the handicap is maxed.

Point is, in Brawl, percentage doesn't go as far as it does in Melee. Because, according to E4All goers, that people are living longer, like in Smash64. So the handicap of 50% isn't as big a deal as adding another point(or subtracting, i forget) to the Handicap Meter in Melee.

But then again, handicap isn't that important. So I'm not pulling my hair out over it.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Personally im very upset about the Handicap update. I think its cool and all but i really like the other handicap better, even though ive never played the new one.

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
Yeah, I guess so. But people that haven't played the game wouldn't be looking on the Dojo, because they've never heard of it. And people that have played before aren't nOObs, and they go on the Dojo all the time. So that means that he really shouldn't be putting this handicap and how to smash stuff on there. You get what I'm saying?

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
True. You make a good point but who knows why? Maybe he's doing on purpose for some unknown reason.

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
Uh, the unknown reason is known. He just gave himself 2 extra months without thinking a simple thought:

"Hey, if I give myself two extra months to make this game better, I might run out of good updates!"

He waasn't thinking clearly, apparantly. Unless he completely surprises us with about twenty good updates, we're gonna have a boring two months ahead of us.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
True but this weeks were better than lasts, so i think that next weeks might be the top week of updates in months.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe he must have been giving us boring and old updates to break out something big and new to give us a wake up?

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
We all hope so but thats about to happen as much as the possibility of a demo disk.

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
alright, its better than melee or 64s handicaps but no ones gonna use this version of it either :-)

Top Bottom