• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A guide to shieks grab

shadownoss45

Smash Cadet
a guide to shieks grab percentages only with the facts.+ other move percentages yay for that.!the percentages go from new to stale!

NEW STALE
Down throw- 6% 3%
Up throw- 5% 2%
Back throw- 7% 3%
Forward throw- 7% 3%
pummel- 3% 1%

Back air- 11% 5%
back air weak hit- 6% 2%
up air- 11% 5%
up air weak hit- 3% 2%
down air- 10% 4%
forward air- 9% 4%
neutral air- 13% 6%
neutral air weak hit-5% 2%

forward tilt- 5% 2%
up tilt- 10% 6%
?note this both hits of up tilt?
down tilt- 8% 4%
jab- 3% 1%
double jab- 6% 4%
jab combo- 1-2% 1%

up B- 15% 7%
chain side B- 3% 1%
tip side B- 5% 2%
?note i think neutral B aka needles the damage varies with range?
fully charged needles-18% 10%
one needle- 3% 1%
inbetween one and fully charged needle-new- 18-3% stale- 10-1%

not charged up smash-30% 13%
charged up smash- 42% 25%
?note that this is both hits for up smash?
not charged down smash-13% 6%
charged down smash- 19% 8%
?note for down smash its only 1 hit?
not charged forward smash-12% 6%
charged forward smash- 20% 10%
?note this is both hit of forward smash?

STRADAGIES
post grab stradagies in posting place down below and i will quote and put here.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
From my experience, the forward air is actually pretty good. It will mostly follow up into a forward air, but if they air dodge after the grab you can run and grab again. I have a video of doing this to luigi here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvEJaWXCKAI. I actually got in three grabs at 1:56 - 2:03

Also, here is a quote from Tristan_win:

For some characters Sheik force ground break out of grab does not send them out of jabbing distance(or ftilt for that matter) so it's possible if they are not holding shield already to quickly get in a jab or two. This isn't guaranteed since the jab and the shield come out at the same speed but it's still good to know. I would think force ground breaking someone into a AAA combo then the next time you grab them or even later doing a dash grab instead would be a effective mindgame.

Here's the list.
Mario
Link
Kirby
Luigi
Meta knight
Ivysaur
Charizard
**** Nana! Ice climbers
Lucario
Ness
Bowser
Wario no surprise if you grab Wario he’s your *****, jab, grab, or whatever it’s in range
Toon Link
ROB
Olimar
I'm not trying to show you up or criticize you. I'm just trying to help you with your guide ;).

One more thing, welcome to the Sheik boards! :)

Edit: Also, Sheik has a jump grab release on mario, lucas, squirtle, metaknight, and Ice climbers (I think) if you do a DACUS. I think there is one or two more characters, but I can't think of them right now.

shadownoss45

Smash Cadet
idk if its good or not thats why i posted it for further study because as it sais DI may change results of anything

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Thanks for trying, but lurk more before posting a "guide". The vast majority of the information posted is misinformed or ignorant.

-Sheik's throws aren't good. You either go straight for the attack and maybe get it, or you bait an airdodge and go from there. If they DI well, life gets even harder to do anything. It doesn't go much further then that in Brawl.
-The getting the grab section is all obvious, plus you restate the actual process of hitting the Z button three times.
-Sheik can only ground release regrab Ness and Lucas because of their extra 10 frames of lag (and I'm not even sure about these two, last time I checked was Nessbounder's thread back in...like May), everyone else gets the 30 frames (except DK, who gets 20), same as you and the release is at a neutral frame standpoint.

Villi

Smash Lord
Aw, I thought this might could have turned into a good guide. lol

-Sheik's throws aren't good. You either go straight for the attack and maybe get it, or you bait an airdodge and go from there. If they DI well, life gets even harder to do anything. It doesn't go much further then that in Brawl.
Irunno, I'm usually able to follow f-throws pretty well. I like the trajectory the most out of all the throws.

There's the classic "What's DI?" fair follow-up.
- If they double jump, you double jump fair
- If they air dodge, you chase on the ground and ftilt.
- If they attack, run under them and ftilt or sh up air.

Those also tend to work if they try to DI behind you.

If they DI up and behind you, they go straight up.
- Up air them
- Wait for them to land in a telegraphed manner

If they DI away, they probably won't be hit by an aerial.
- If they air-dodge, ftilt or regrab
- If they attack, powershield or dash attack
- Start mixing in d-throw and see: "What's DI?" follow-ups

If they DI down and away, just charge needles.
- Use d-throw
- Mix in b-throws see: "What's DI?" follow-ups

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Ah don't feel bad shadow. We were all n00bs at one point in time. No hard feelings.

lol... when I first came to SWF I was onto SHDL (Short Hop Double Laser... it's a Falso technique) and I made a post requesting help with this. Now all I knew was that you could get a laser off by doing a back flip. Turns out that you can get two lasers off by doing a short hop. Oh, and this had been known for like 6 months. -_- So I kinda felt stupid.

The moral is... "we all have our moments." My advice to you is to be more of a reader than a poster.

Top Bottom