• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Guide to Evolution: What Natural Selection is and The Controversy Behind It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Smash Master
Peachey, did you just run into a Debate Hall thread about evolution, claim to not "believe in it", ignore the entire original post, and then attempt to avoid your view being challenged?!

You do know what the Debate Hall is for, right? You know... debate.

Saying "that's just my belief" is not an argument. It's a red flag (or rather a white flag) which says "Hey everyone, what I believe in makes such little sense that I can't back it up in the slightest."
duh, it's religion. It's an argument you can't win, because debate uses logic and religion defies logic.

Also, as it turns out, you can be Christian and believe in evolution!!! *gasp*

After reading the forwards of a couple bibles the other day and hearing some religious people's opinions, I've realized that the bible can actually be interpreted looser than what most people interpret it as, ie everything in Genesis literally, because since, by Christian view, humans are imperfect and humans created the bible.

Mewter

Smash Master
duh, it's religion. It's an argument you can't win, because debate uses logic and religion defies logic.

Also, as it turns out, you can be Christian and believe in evolution!!! *gasp*

After reading the forwards of a couple bibles the other day and hearing some religious people's opinions, I've realized that the bible can actually be interpreted looser than what most people interpret it as, ie everything in Genesis literally, because since, by Christian view, humans are imperfect and humans created the bible.
Too bad they can't do that with Prop 8.
Take that somewhere else. Maybe another one of the (million) religion threads out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom