• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A good counter for snake?

Awesomenocity

Smash Rookie
My mains are fox, samus, ZSS, CF, and IC and all are basically completely outmatched by snake. I've been thinking about mastering chaingrabbing but I'll ask you guys who main snake first. So which character or characters do you guys have the most trouble with?

T*H*O*R

Smash Cadet
DK, Olimar, Falco, Pikachu, ROB, and Wario are all harder matchups for Snake. Just look at abit_rusty's matchup guide to show you which characters give Snake a hard time

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
Or you know, you could just play whoever you want to play and find your own way of countering a character. It could be anyone but you just need determination and practice to achieve.

Awesomenocity

Smash Rookie
Or you know, you could just play whoever you want to play and find your own way of countering a character. It could be anyone but you just need determination and practice to achieve.
>_>

If I did that, I'd just be very skilled. That wouldn't be a counter...

Alright this is a true story.

I'm playing this guy yesterday and he's using snake. I try out a variety of characters and he even beats a few of my mains. Then we do a snake mirror and I 2 stock him.

The only times I've ever used snake are during 1 player mode and just messing around with friends. The only advanced tech I even know is the mortar slide.

This was my reason for creating this thread...

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
>_>

If I did that, I'd just be very skilled. That wouldn't be a counter...

Alright this is a true story.

I'm playing this guy yesterday and he's using snake. I try out a variety of characters and he even beats a few of my mains. Then we do a snake mirror and I 2 stock him.

The only times I've ever used snake are during 1 player mode and just messing around with friends. The only advanced tech I even know is the mortar slide.

This was my reason for creating this thread...
If I may be so bold as to say this...Snake can be his worst enemy.

SummerObsession

Smash Apprentice
How can skill not be a counter? That doesn't make much sense to me. Explain.
When we say one character counters another that means one character has some innate qualities about them that makes him effective against another character. So if we have two characters face off the one who counters the other, r will come out the victor if everything else remained equal, including skill level of the players.

If one player is more skillful than another it is a given that the more skillful will win, but not always as in the case of one character using a counter character against another.

Skill is not a counter and I don't see how you can see it being one. It is only a measure of ones aptitude in said activity and the more skillful player in a BALANCED game should be the winner.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
When we say one character counters another that means one character has some innate qualities about them that makes him effective against another character. So if we have two characters face off the one who counters the other, r will come out the victor if everything else remained equal, including skill level of the players.

If one player is more skillful than another it is a given that the more skillful will win, but not always as in the case of one character using a counter character against another.

Skill is not a counter and I don't see how you can see it being one. It is only a measure of ones aptitude in said activity and the more skillful player in a BALANCED game should be the winner.
Alright.

I just thought that if you have enough skill, you can build your own counter with someone against someone. But, I'm a little hesitant saying that...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Falco. Chaingrabs to dair spikes aren't fun for Snake.
Your jumping into the dairs then, you just have to fall and then jump outwards and just avoid him. Unless, they are sethlon. Then your screwed.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Falco ftw. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUIpljmPFpA

Wolf, R.O.B., ICs, DDD, and Pikachu all likely have the advantage on Snake too. Basically they are all mostly characters that can camp, chaingrab, and ledgeguard Snake effectively.

OBM beat Cort and also says G&W probably goes dead even against Snake.

Uffe

Smash Hero
DK, Olimar, Falco, Pikachu, ROB, and Wario are all harder matchups for Snake. Just look at abit_rusty's matchup guide to show you which characters give Snake a hard time
I don't know about the other characters, but DK gave me a hard time. He's not only lengthy but strong at the same time. I did defeat DK with Snake, but then after the second match he just started beating me up. Of course than again I kind of blame that on the other players who got in the way.

Top Bottom