• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A fresh and sleek new HUD

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I took Jdaster's HUD, swapped the all red hearts for team colored hearts and took out the checkmark.

I dunno how to move the series logo, but I very much enjoy it without the checkmark. Hearts are awesome stock counters.

My heart coloring job is awful though so I'd love if someone else did it lol.
is it posted?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Hearts and swipe look sexy, still not convinced the stock icons are better than Shun's BP's though.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
As I said before, Shun's BP's just aren't going to work with that HUD; the swipe's forced to be over the BPs, and editing around it looks really strange when the BPs fade out but the swipe doesn't.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
The HUD with names: Download.

And a training mode .pac for it. No names though. Download

Also, JD's HUD without the swipe + player colored hearts. Download (rename it to info.pac).

These all go in the info2 folder. Info_training needs no renaming.

This should hold folks over for a bit while school eats my free time.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
would it be possible to have the "glorious new HUD (no names)" with player colored heart icons? i think that would be pretty awesome

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Done.

Tell me if there's any problems because I haven't tested it in-game.
Thanks bro you're awesome, ill test it right now

EDIT: Its absolutely perfect, just checked it on all four players. The hearts were the perfect edition to the new super sharp font HUD and smaller pics. This should be the standard HUD.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
It does, I'm planning on posting a short tutorial on how to move around various elements of the HUD soon.

iLink

Smash Champion

Also, JD's HUD without the swipe + player colored hearts. Download (rename it to info.pac).

Thanks a bunch :)

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30672
For kicks, I uploaded a version of the vBrawl HUD to use as a base that straightens all the character names and damage numbers out. Don't try to combine this with any of the HUDs in this thread if you don't know what you're doing, but it should combine with my Mario damage font and anything older with no adverse effects.

I'll post that tutorial about vertex-editing the HUD sometime this week.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
OK, since I did a ton of moving elements of the HUD around in my "Classic HUD", here's more or less what you need to do to rearrange stuff for your HUD.

Basically, almost every element of the HUD has its texture stretched to fill a single rectangle, the position of which is controlled by a mere four vertices in one of the model files in info.pac's MiscData[30] folder.

Basically, here's the process you go through for moving a bit of the HUD; say you wanted to move the franchise icon about a third of its width upward. Its vertices are stored in the file contained in the Vertices folder of the InfMark model, and here you can find a number of important information. Look under the "Vertices - Vector3[] Array" tab to find out the vertices' values; in this case, they go from 0.4 to 6.8 X and -1.7 to 4.7 Y, pretty much no HUD stuff uses Z-coordinates. This forms a rectangle of length 6.4 in both directions, so you want to add about 2.2 to all the Y coordinates.

To figure out where to find the data, add the MDL0 Offset and DataOffset together (ignore the negative sign on the former), and convert them to HEX. Then open a HEX editor and look at this offset (in this case, 0xCE0). The vertices will be listed here; since most of the files use "Int16" format with no Z-coordinates, each vertex takes up four bytes, two for X and two for Y (Int8 uses one apiece). The "Divisor" field in BrawlBox tells you how to convert these values to understandable values; first of all, convert the 16-bits to signed decimal integers, then divide by 2 to the power of the "divisor" specified. For example, the first Y value in the file is "4B33" = 19251; divide this by 2^12 = 4096 to get 4.7. We want to add 2.2 to this, so multiply (4.7+2.2)*4096 = 28262 = 6E66 in hex. Similarly, E4CD = -6963 / 4096 = -1.7, add 2.2 to get 0.5 * 4096 = 2048 = 0800 in hex.

That's pretty much all there is to it; I'd suggest using my "fully rectangular HUD" as a base as it's got everything aligned to right angles, including the character names. I haven't experimented with changing the divisors to allow for bigger coordinate values, or even changing the size of rectangles that much, but I presume it's possible. Z-coordinates or changing Int8s to Int16s is probably not going to work, though.

Here's a list of all the files I know how to edit and some useful stats pertaining to them:

Element Model File Vertex File Offset Divisor Format
HP symbol InfDamage0 hp__lambert93 1600 2^6 Int8
% symbol InfDamage0 pers__lambert84 1660 2^6 Int8
Ones digit InfDamage1 (only one) C60 2^13 Int16
Tens digit InfDamage2 (only one) C60 2^13 Int16
100's digit InfDamage3 (only one) C60 2^13 Int16
Baseline InfFace base_lambert108 2C20 2^12 Int16
Name InfFace name__Character_Name_Mat 2D60 2^12 Int16
Series Icon InfMark (only one) CE0 2^12 Int16

The only things I don't know how to edit properly are the BP and BP backdrops; stocks can be moved by changing the bone locations in the InfStock model (pos0 = 6+ stock heart, pos1 = 6+ stock number, pos2-6 = stocks 1-5).

MaxThunder

PM Support

awezome, thanks=)...

though as the % goes up and the numbers go more and more red, there's more and more black behind them... but that's my only complaint...

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Sooo anyone willing to add these

As a 64 HUD remake?

Download them to get transparency. And if you don't know, these are the SSB 64 damage font, but in HD.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I'll see if I can do that later this week; the last couple of tries didn't turn out so well, but these look like a better base to go off of.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
I'll see if I can do that later this week; the last couple of tries didn't turn out so well, but these look like a better base to go off of.
Alright, good luck with this one, also while you're at it, can you lower the franchise icon on the HUD to make it resemble the old ones better.

:phone:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one

HavikLink

Smash Rookie
NNID
Haviklink
@HavikLink - That's the Melee HUD from this very thread. The link is here for your convenience.

Thanks a million!!

MaxThunder

PM Support
Are you saying that you just don't like the font for the numbers, or does it look like something is wrong with the file?
as percentage goes up, a black area appears behind each number... growing in size and looking ugly...

Thanks for reminding me of that.

This should fix your problem. Sorry for the wait.
what file is this, exactly?..

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
It's the HUD with names info.pac with fixed numbers. I had forgotten I didn't label it, but simply renaming it and replacing your other info.pac should do the trick.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Apples' Gerudo Prince is done now as well

vBrawl 00 / 01 / 02 / 03 / 04 / 05

black / classic / hylian knight / link's uncle / maritime / mars / minty / pink / purple / white

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Shun_one, if you give me a template for those BPs I can make them along with the rest of my CSPs/BPs.

I'm Moblin on KCMM btw.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Shun_one, if you give me a template for those BPs I can make them along with the rest of my CSPs/BPs.

I'm Moblin on KCMM btw.
Sure man. I'll just post it here for all those interested can make their own BP's.

I figured you were Moblin, but wasn't entirely sure.

Badge

Smash Apprentice
pf\info2\info.pac\MiscData[30]\Textures\InfStcCol.0 to InfStcCol.4

B.W.

Smash Champion
So when's the last time this has been worked on?

The series logo was never moved to be under the damage and that saddens me. Also it doesn't work in training mode which also saddens me.

MVP

Smash Ace
I do not, sorry. :/

Shrunk it down. 48x48 portrait.

There's an extra pixel on either side of the stock icons, and it bugs the crap out of me. If I have a border of 1px and 5 icons, and a width of 48px for all icons fit within, that gives me:
( 48px - 6px ) % 5 which equals 2. 2 Extra pixels with each icon at 8x8px. It's so ugly to me, even though most people probably won't notice it, it makes me want to go down to 46x46 BP's just so everything is flush and uniform.
Is this still being worked on?!?

It looks freaking amazing! I was just looking through this thread and almost shizzed my pants when i saw this.

Apples? this gunna happen?

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Is this still being worked on?!?

It looks freaking amazing! I was just looking through this thread and almost shizzed my pants when i saw this.

Apples? this gunna happen?
I have to agree with MVP here. I'd love to use those Battle Portraits/HUD. Hope you're still working on this \Apples.

Top Bottom