• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Few Tips/Non AT's

Player-1

Smash Legend
Here's a list that I just came up with out of the top of my head to help beginning diddy kong players, as in these are probably well known.

-If you glide toss a banana and you're not close enough to do a smash attack, try to predict their role, dash to a dsmash/usmash.
-If you glide toss a banana and you're not close enough for a smash and it hits a person next to the edge they will most likely roll back, getting stuck on the edge where you can proceed to a smash attack.
-Forward B grab to an "A" attack to a Fair *****, if they try shield grabbing you it will USUALLY push them back.
-Forward B kick has Uber priority, but be careful of the lag.
-You can dash attack to a..:Side Smash, Ftilt, Utilt, Usmash, Uair, Nair, Bair (double sometimes), Fair, and Side b (kick also).
-Up glide tossing ***** all.
-Popgun is 10x better than bananas (no but seriously these things ****)
- You get maximum barrel height if you charge the barrels for about .5-1.5 of a second
-If you're recovering with the barrels and they're attempting to edgehog you, try to aim your barrels low to the ground of the stage rather than the edge for a possible stage spike or other hits (People have figured out how to edgehog diddy rather easily).
-Diddy has 2 chaingrabs. Look them up for more info.
-Diddy is in the top 5 worst characters for laggy matches (IMO)
-Diddy can wall jump on FD, BF, LC, YI, and other non neutral stages, wall jump to banana pull out is a good way to get bananas out.
-On stages like SV where you can't wall jump, side b off the edge, mid air jump + banana pull out.
-On BF if you side b kick at the beginning of the match you'll most likely hit them and you can combo into other attacks.
-Z-Catching is grabbing a banana with Z, whe you use Z you don't have any animation and you can throw you're banana faster than if you caught it with an aerial or air dodge
-You can spike most, if not all characters out of their up b or flying animation, with correct timing you can **** MK's Up-B recovery, or Pikchus and Luigi's Side B recoveries. This works well because they don't expect it.
-For a quick, usually not predicted spike, dash off the edge to a dair immediately and you can still recover.

Popgun owns....don't forget it...most important thing of diddy is that popgun > bananas =p

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Popgun owns....don't forget it...most important thing of diddy is that popgun > bananas =p

I can't tell if you are serious or joking :ohwell:. Everybody knows that bananas are 10000x better than popguns.

IDK

Smash Lord
simple layout. good list. vyse should link this too in his must reads.

Player-1

Smash Legend
With this being said, how would you suggest using it? I sometimes use it for edgeguarding like with Mr. Game and Watch's "chef attack" to make my opponent's movements more predictible but what have you found that works?
Kinda hard to explain how to use it. I use it when recovering for anti edgeguarding, use it for edgeguarding, use it for retreating. You have to be smart with it, I can try uploading a few videos of me using it a lot. Again, hard to explain.

denizen

Smash Apprentice
peanut gun really does own though...i use it to gimp and to shoot floaty/jumpy chars out of the air...and into my bananas :)

BudaBoy

Smash Cadet
It would be sweet if diddy could dual popgun like in the subspace video (i.e. slurpee's avatar)

BudaBoy

Smash Cadet
Look around the diddy guides. There's plenty of info on it and how to set it up, including videos. Its basically grabbing your opponent with a peel behind them, then you smack them in the face until they break free of grab sliding backwards into peel, at which point you grab again. Lasts until peel disappears or you reach the end of the stage.

Top Bottom