• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a few combos

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
while I was playing as Samus, I found a couple of combos which do good damage.

the first combo is something which I call the supernova:

it's only really effective with good timing and a lot of luck, but it does do good damage in an awkward situation. if you build up good damage on a foe, and you knock them from one end of the stage to the other (by the way, this technique is most effective on a flat stage, like final destination). you'll need a fully charged energy blast for this bit. fire a missle at the enemy and then the full blast straight after it. The two will rack up 33% of damage. it works well, because if the missle doesn't kill them off, then it will stun them long enough for the blast of energy to finish it.

the next it the screw bomb, which takes some practice but is alot easier than the supernova:
simply put, use a short hop over an enemy then instantly use a screw attack. It does 14% damage, and works well to break shields down.

put other combos if you want, I just found these and thought it would be nice to let you know :)

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Like you said, the pro of firing a missile and following it up with a charged blast is, if they hit, you deliver excellent damage and knockback.

The con is that people who fight against Samus are pretty used to her firing a missile when she lands on the ground, and will be prepared to avoid it, so if there happens to be a charged blast with it as well, it won't give them too much trouble.

As such, the best time to use this technique (which is pretty old and well-known) is when someone can't avoid it, like certain peoples' recoveries, or when someone gets shield broken.

As for your other idea, the SH up-B from the ground, it's pretty standard, and certainly has its uses.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
is this a joke thread? the problem is people with reflectors (fox falco mario zelda dr mario) or with shields (link ylink) can STOP THE SUPERNOVA! (oh no!) and while you have the other combo, (screw bomb) if you sh over their head and screwattack, smart people would just shield leaving yourself open for a wide attack and no second jump if your blasted far.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
It's better to wait about a half a second to shoot the blast after a missle. That way they sheild the missle and let go of there sheild, they get hit with the blast.

If they're shield is broken, and they are under 40%. Try guided missles, smash missle, blast. Thats fun :).

I usually hate the UpB move if I'm not on the ground when I start it. If I short hop into them, I usually drop a mine.

Corigames

Smash Hero
There's always the X-Bomb (I named it, cause I'm SA-X)

Drop a bomb, punch someone into it, punch them again during the bombs explosion, great success.

Before, this was only a vaguely known random thing called Attack Enhancement (I believe).

ultimateh4xr

Smash Cadet
keep doing down+b and make an exploding Pillar(i call it Bomb Pillar)
lol 25th post i feel special

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Laying multiple bombs on someone can sometimes work but isn't too great. Theres the pillar of fire which doesnt work in game but its when you lay bomb after bomb on a character and rise with them. (Vague description but oh well.)

If I were to lay multiple bombs on someone I would waveland them like Jasona(I think) does. Bombs can actually break sheilds kinda fast too. Thats just my take on it.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
is this a joke thread? the problem is people with reflectors (fox falco mario zelda dr mario) or with shields (link ylink) can STOP THE SUPERNOVA! (oh no!) and while you have the other combo, (screw bomb) if you sh over their head and screwattack, smart people would just shield leaving yourself open for a wide attack and no second jump if your blasted far.
Dude, calm done, the guys just trying to give out useful info to help us out...

-_-

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
hm... that's valid, I guess. I'm more of a Link/Fox/Roy sort of person anyway. I was just in training mode, having fun by practicing some funky attacks on DK (well, they looked funky) but I guess I forgot that most enemies don't have the politness to stand still.

ah well, my bad. really i came up with the supernova when I finished playing Metriod prime. so yeah, bad strategy, don't useit ;)

jonfled

Smash Cadet
oh do caped/deflected shots get stronger than the original shot?

Did not know that, i guess im kinda a noob!
Everyone's a noob. I actually didn't know the cape strengthens stuff either.

Lately I've been keen to bombing their second jump if they're near the stage then d-smashing them after fast falling for a split second. Of course I only can land that on CPUs most of the time :laugh:

Top Bottom