• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A couple of little tricks I've learned...

doodmahn

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty much a post your tips for Game and Watch thread.

I tend to get my enemies with a Dair Dsmash or Bair Dsmash combo.

When on the edge, drop down, jump, and nair. Repeat.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I do the same on the edge.
:D

For tricks? Ledge attack -> Taunt. It's the sweetest sounding combo anyone could ever pull off.

Mr. Game and Penguin

Smash Apprentice
You know what I like to do? It's simple yet for some reason people always get tricked by it. Jump/up-b above them and fastfall straight down. Then, double jump as soon as you get in range and dair or bair/nair if they roll. Works wonders against characters with slow up-smashes (taking advantage of ending lag, :p).

Neb

Smash Lord
How exactly are you doing Bair>Dsmash, are you nicking your foe with turtle so the knock back isn't as far, or what? I've gotten pretty good at chipping with nair, and it combo's nicely into head-butt, bair and hyphen usmash.

doodmahn

Smash Journeyman
How exactly are you doing Bair>Dsmash, are you nicking your foe with turtle so the knock back isn't as far, or what? I've gotten pretty good at chipping with nair, and it combo's nicely into head-butt, bair and hyphen usmash.
I go through them with my turtle so they don't get hit by the last part, and at early percents.

spikey151

Smash Rookie
You know what I like to do? It's simple yet for some reason people always get tricked by it. Jump/up-b above them and fastfall straight down. Then, double jump as soon as you get in range and dair or bair/nair if they roll. Works wonders against characters with slow up-smashes (taking advantage of ending lag, :p).
How do you fastfall directly out of up-b without doing an attack?

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
charge usmashes. people (including people on socal's PR) try to approach from the air with an air dodge, time your usmash right when they hit the ground and you will kill them and they look like an idiot.

Neb

Smash Lord
against certain recoveries like rob i drop nair jump grab the ledge over and over. usually works a few times, good percent
Yeah, I do this a lot, it works exceedingly well against recovering Kirby's, and the whole PT cast. I'm sure it works on more, but bair'ing twice while staying close to the edge is nice, its a descent edge guard. I mix it up with uair to protect G&W from gimpage or to boost their up-b off screen and set-up a fully charged usmash on stage.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Jump/up-b above them and fastfall straight down. Then, double jump as soon as you get in range and dair or bair/nair if they roll. Works wonders against characters with slow up-smashes (taking advantage of ending lag, :p).
??? I'm confused. You use 1 jump to go up, but then you fast fall down and Jump 2 more times? And this is all done in the time of one up smash? ..........

Mr. Game and Penguin

Smash Apprentice
What I mean is, either full hop or up-b above them and fast-fall straight down. As soon as you get close to in range , double jump and key, or if they roll, fastfall bair/fair.

shingles

Smash Rookie
Anybody else notice how on Yoshi's Island, if you grab the ledge on the right side of the stage (while you have less than 100% damage) and press up or jump to do your ledgejump, you'll just randomly appear on the edge of the level and slide off to the edge again? It's really useful because you can attack with a nair/fair /uair instantly, faster than a ledge cancel. Even a bair would be useful for ledgeguarding, I guess. I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere yet... Maybe I need to lurk more though. :p

Also, didn't feel like this quite deserved its own thread, so I posted it in this dead topic instead.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
IDK why or how, but if you up b while on the ground, then do an aerial ( Nair works the best! ) you will insta-fastfall into the aerial and will be over fast enough to repeat upon landing.

So: (while on ground ) Up B > Nair ASAP> repeat.

Lethe

Smash Cadet
you know how some guys will just sit there near the edge of the stage, right outside of your nair range, and charge an fsmash, hoping you'll jump into it?

you can press back to let go of the edge, flip a bacon at them, and upb back to the lip - free hit.

also, when an opponent is reeling offstage from being hit by a fair or whatever, i'll jump out after them real quick and try to upb sweetspot them while they're still high in the air. easy kill sometimes, especially if you mix it up with fair and chef.

if they're clearly not so good at teching the roll, ill grab, hit a repeatedly til i hear them start to mash buttons, THEN dthrow. throws some ppl's timing off.

making loud noises and jumping around irl also seems to help.

throwing your controller down and mimicking g&w's 2d breakdance victory taunt after each win is extremely effective at demoralizing your opponents

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
throwing your controller down and mimicking g&w's 2d breakdance victory taunt after each win is extremely effective at demoralizing your opponents
I like to take hot foodstuffs and fling it at them, but the concept is basically the same.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I do that when I play CvS2 with Blanka when he does his chest pounding-raise the roof victory while going "AAHHHRROOOO! AHHRRROOOO!"

Top Bottom