• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~_The Unofficially Official Yoshi Power Rankings_~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi Power Rankings

Updated July 1st, 2010

Since we didn't actually have a power rankings in place already, I decided to make one myself! I used the exact same ranking system as the Official SWF Brawl Rankings, except instead of decay, I just cut off after 4 months.I only used the results posted in SOVA's Yoshi Tournament Results thread, so if you want a shot at making the PR, post there. I will be updating every month, so DON'T ASK FOR EARLIER UPDATES!! Anyway, lets get to the part you've all been waiting for!

SWF's Top 5 Yoshi's

1. Poltergust

2. Delta-cod

3. ~Firefly~

4. bigman40

5. MX778

If you are PR'd and you want your color changed, just say so!

Any questions, comments, etc., etc., just post.

And this is officially unofficial until Shiri officially declares it officially official.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
ROFL

I am officially better than everybody here except Polt and Campy McCodfish.

LMFAO

Spolier alert...

not really

Edit: If I'm gonna be on here, I might as well be orange. lol

:005:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Changing... And your results are actually one of the best overall, you took some 4ths, 5ths and a 2nd over the last four months. Also I made it dark orange cuz I know you luv it so much :3

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
And post results, cuz i know that even though im not top 5, im hella higher then i should be >.>

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
On second thought,

I don't really care for this anymore

high placings, while cute, don't carry the substance if the wins aren't against their region's high ranked players

not taking away anything from the five on the list, yall doing good.

it's more about how I think this type of system is flawed considering how different regions are, and it's unfair to compare and rank with such system

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Regardless you should still play yoshi again, he's amazing

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
In fairness, I haven't really dropped him.

I've only been to one tourny since MLG..... Orlando, where I went all Yoshi.

however, at CEO, I went all ZSS

I'm trying to balance it out somewhat but going to as few tournies as I do (circumstances barring me from doing so) put me in a bind where I just go ZSS since I (myself) have more options with her with how little I play now

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I understand....
Actually I dont but I pretend to
BUT if that is so then I respect that, as long as you dont main meta knight I have nothing against you :D

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Changing... And your results are actually one of the best overall, you took some 4ths, 5ths and a 2nd over the last four months. Also I made it dark orange cuz I know you luv it so much :3
Because I live in a much easier region than most. If this list actually took region strength into consideration (or even just skill, ROFL) I wouldn't be in the top 5.

Just sayin'.

Thanks for the colour though. =]

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yup, np, and unless we could all play each other at anytime to really see who's best, this will never bee 100% accurate (unless we're lucky!!) but it's still close. It also gives what few yoshi's there are something to strive for, and that in my opinion is the main reason for these rankings!

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Despite how flawed I think this is, it's the only way it can possibly be done.

Like I said, gauging performance while comparing the strengths of the regions is tough to put a clear cut ranking. These rankings can really only show consistency. Plus it's not your fault how bad/good the players around you are, so the best you could do is compare.

Also, we all want to be exceptionally good. Just keep placing good, and word of mouth will do it's job.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Mine did, then I beat X once, and they all shut up lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@Delta: Just tell them Yoshi is number one and if they're like, nuh uh! then just shake your head and look away. Afterall, we all know denial is the first stage of depression

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
If regional skill was based on how badly the region's players meatride their local Yoshi, I'd feel like my spot was justified. If the list itself was a ranking of how much meatriding Yoshi mains receive, I'd demand to be higher.

Disclaimer: I didn't tell anyone about this ranking. =/ I guess T-block just stalks me...

SOVAman

Smash Hero
yo wtf we tried this **** before and guess what it failed don"t even try to be new and **** a bust out a pr like its gonna be easy, back yo *** up son

lock this **** shiri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!11!!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dont worry, I got this, Im good at keeping things updated, and if it turns into a social... *cracks knuckles*

D

Deleted member

This is really dumb...
I dont think we should have a yoshi power rankings.
This is more of a yoshi who plays in tournies most rankings, cuz MX and scatty dont even place well in their regions.

Also, my region doesnt meatride me cuz i suck =D

bigman40

Smash Master
You're right. Cause my region is still hard. Top players form my region can go toe to toe wit the best players in other regions easy, and our middle ranged players are still a handful. I stopped posting my results cause I figured there was no need.

Anyways, if you want some consistency for this PR (to the best of your ability), then you're gonna have to come up with a good method that will award players for how good they do vs PR members, then how well they place depending on the size of the tourney. You gotta cover all the factors as best as possible to make it worthwhile.

Lastly, people aren't really going 100% these days (some are). You gotta make a limit to what percentage people can use other characters and still make it count (like you have to use 50% yoshi to have credit).

I don't really mind character PRs since it at least gives some fun to other yoshis, but there has to be consistency.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The only problem is i dont know a way to calculate all that, so i just used the same system as Rajam's SWF brawl rankings :/

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Which is 100% objective. As long as you don't add any subjectivity and go simply by that, this PR will work to a degree.

You could also do it similar to state PRs, by looking at brackets and who beat who and who lost to who. I could get 3rd getting an extremely lucky scrub bracket, while someone else could get 42nd by beating two amazing players and losing to two top players.

bigman40

Smash Master
Take a look at the Pikachu's rankings for calculating the points for the tourney size. As for who the people play in tourney, you'll have to accommodate points for people in each ranks. Example:

???? PRs
1. Ally [125]
2. Kadaj [100]
3. Stealth Raptor [75]
4. Random Ike Guy [50]
5. Gnes [25]

Say I am unranked, and in tourney, I happen to beat RIG. I'd get a 50 point bonus for it.

Now on the flip side, if I'm ranked in RIG's place, it gets different. If Gnes were to beat me, I'd lose 25 points since he's ranked under me and if I were to beat Kadaj in a set, I'd only get 50 points (the difference from our points) because I'm ranked. Ranked players are expected to not lose to unranked or loser ranked players, so you'll have to accommodate for this too. If you have OoS players in other tourneys, then you have to deal with that too, because if they're ranked, then they have merit also.

This is just a hypothetical example cause this would give a lot of power to unranked players, so you have to find that balance.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: ...the hell is going on in here?

Didn't I squash something like this last year? Shame on all of you. D:<

No list threads in this board; take it ("it" aka inherent drama + non-Yoshis coming in and talking sh*t) to general.

Making threads after I go to bed is such a lame way to get around my moderation! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom