• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-_- I'm dissapointed in you all.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
So I recently browsed y'alls list of tech and stuff. When I finished I was ashamed of you all. You guys have "Over B tech chasing down" but not DK's footstool or jab lock.

So I spent about 15 minutes and found this (I would experiment more but I am no longer home.... I am at friend of my dads house.) While they are talking and getting ready I decided to go ahead and post my findings.

Skull Bash (or whatever it is called)> attack the foe with a quick attack> jump above them right before they jump release form being in the ground> Dair> FF> jab lock one or twice> force a get up> Skull Bash when they're invincibility frames end> repeat

Yes I know what you are saying "THEY CAN TECH THIS!"
So do this:
After they hit the ground and you see a tech you can either perform a Skull Bash (this is blind guessing that they will tech), or you can footstool them on the ground and do the little DI out and Skull Bash thing (which isn't that hard mind you).

So now you are like "pfffft... tech roll."
Well... you can guess blindly in which way they will roll and try to Skull Bash them to continue the combo.
More than likely that wont happen so just try and punish with whatever you can (like his Giant Punch).

Now I forgot to test it but there might be a way to remove all of this teching nonsense, a footstool.
(This is assuming that Nair jab locks or DK can get to the ground very fast after the footstool.)
Skull Bash> jump over the person right when they break and footstool
(Now there are three possible ways for you to continue from here.)
#1 footstool> FF Nair> start the jab lock
#2 footstool. FF> start the jab lock
#3 (#3 is just like #2, but with more info) Now ehn you footstool they fall at a steady pace to the ground while you are above them. Now you can fast fall. The idea is to footstool high enough in the air so that you can fastfall to make up for the distance difference and reach the ground at the same time they do
(In other words I am saying that you will have to footstool at an exact area to combo)

The rest of this combo is the same as the other one. Once they are on the ground you can jab lock> force a get up> Skull Bash> repeat

I am not sure but I think a foe can shorten or change the time in the ground. If this is the case then we need to see how long it takes for them to release when they are hitting buttons really fast.

ps I just have to say this!
We need to call this the DK (if you pronouce DK it is d*ck) combo!

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
You can't footstool (or grab) anyone out of pitfall releases. Dair has way too much lag to jab lock. Side b is laggy enough that at low damage they break out before you can even do anything so damage building with this would only apply past at least 40%. A pro would tech the second one since the surprise factor wouldn't be there anymore. They could also stop mashing to eat the Dair while still grounded. This isn't even a new idea and is refered to as DK pillaring. I believe Ripple or Bigfoot had this idea first.

I'm disappointed in you/thread.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^ Big O Just pretty much ***** the OP.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
I'm not gonna lie: I saw this thread as one of the recently commented one on the front page, so I didn't know what character forum I was in at first, and it really sounded like you were talking about a Pikachu technique when you were disappointed in the DKs. o_O

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
You can't footstool (or grab) anyone out of pitfall releases. Dair has way too much lag to jab lock. Side b is laggy enough that at low damage they break out before you can even do anything so damage building with this would only apply past at least 40%. A pro would tech the second one since the surprise factor wouldn't be there anymore. They could also stop mashing to eat the Dair while still grounded. This isn't even a new idea and is refered to as DK pillaring. I believe Ripple or Bigfoot had this idea first.

Big O just ripped that post apart lol

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.

I never said to jab lock with the Dair.
They break out of the ground that fast?
I covered teching.
Just time your jump better then. They are forced to jump at some part even if they stop mashing.
So Skull Bash tech chasing is listed while this isn't? What sense does that make?
Just fyi. The part about "dissapointment" was a joke.
Even if this happened... side b is so hard to set up that it wouldn't be that useful anyway...
Not if you ground footstool it isn't.
All you need is a way to get in close.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
The Dair has enough lag to let them roll away before you jab. Timing your jump has nothing to do with anything. They can see you Dair and just stop mashing. They can mash after your Dair misses to hit you for free. If you are that good at predicting when they will pop up you are better off going for charged Usmashes for the kill. If they are too low in damage for that then you are better off doing up b for damage building. Up b is also faster than jumping Dairs that you time to their release. You might even get a jab lock after the up b.

I don't mean to offend you or anything (the last bit in my post was pretty funny all things considered) but this doesn't work. Sarcasm is hard to detect without any basis especially online (some dude pops in giving advice and says he's disappointed?). I just don't see the joke (or point) of that comment said with sarcasm, not that I was offended or anything like that.

.AC.

Smash Lord
Footstool combos dont work,stop trying to make them work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom