• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

\_---Ephraim For Brawl---_/

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Face it, Ephraim pwns, expecially with his pony-like horse. I liked Sacred Stone's style better than Path of Radiance, but I liked Path of Radiance better for some odd reason, I feel the storyline kicks ***. It's Questionable if Ephraim and Ike are the new Marth and Roy.
By Lunadis
Pronounciation:I'd imagine 'Ef-Frame'. It could be 'Ee-Free Am' or a variety of other things. But I'm more comfortable with Ef-Frame.

By Lunadis:I won't go through a full moveset since the basics are easy enough.

B: The lance critical animation. First Ephraim spins the lance at one side (pushing away close by enemies) and then thrust it out. Very powerful. It's easy to see coming though so it mostly exist to make space and scare people away.
B Forward: Ephraim throws a Javelin. There is about a 1 second throwing time, and the longer B is held during that second, the further it flies.
B Down: The traditional Fire Emblem Counter ability. To make this one different, if the attack is a projectile, Ephraim throws a Javelin instead of attacking with his Reginlief. The Javelin would be slow and easy to dodge.
B up: Rise of Renais. Ephraim would illuminate a blue light for half a second and then travel a short distance as a blue streak of light. He'd be vulnerable from the start but invulnerable on the actual attack so one could counter him by hitting him before it begins.

His smash attacks and a few of his aerials would use the Reginlief and everything else would be weak punch n' kicks. Use your imagination since I'm not fond of making movesets. :p

Edit - For a final smash, his horse could appear so he could mount up on it and charge at enemies on the screen whilst invulnerable and being able to change direction. It's very painful but possible to avoid in a few ways. It'd last for maybe 8-11 seconds?

By RWB
My take on the moveset:
Some are based of the one in the beginning of the thread.
He wields Siegmund, The Sacred Twin Fire lance.

B: Solar Stab: The lance critical animation. Ephraim starts spinning his spear, and can either charge up more, or release it in that stab. Shoots a flame forward. A bit weaker than The shield breaker in damage, but more knockback if hit by the spear.

B Forward: Javelin: Ephraim throws a Javelin. Hold b to charge up.

B Down: Grapple counter: If hit by a projectile, he sweeps it aside with the spear. Up close, if hit, he grabs the enemy and hurles them upwards.

B Up: Rising sun: Somersaults(several times) while swinging his spear around him in a circle of fire. Decent vertical and horizontal recovery.

WeakA: hits enemy with fist
ComboA: none
Dash A: spear rush
F-Strong: roundhouse kick
F-Smash: lunge(scary range)
U-strong: uppercut-ish sweep with the spear
U-Smash: stabs straight up, hard
D-Strong: strikes down with the spear(wide arc)
D-Smash: Spins his spear in a low, horizontal circle around him
Z: grabs like M and R
Zz: knees the enemy
Forward Z: throws the enemy like a javelin, good knockback, low damage
Back Z: bats enemy away with the spear
Up Z: throws the enemy upwards
Down Z: throw enemy down, stabs it for good damage(for a throw)
Nair: sex kick
Fair: stabs in front, spear pointed slightly downwards
Bair: spins, hits the enemy with horizontal sweep
Uair: Stab upward with spear slightly tilted
Dair: Quick hit downwards with the blunt end of the spear
By ylink underestimated
ok, well i said i was gonna make a moveset for this dude so im gonna make it. i make this moveset because i liked Sacred Stones, and i think Ephraim could be unique due to his lance. not saying Krystal wont be unique for her staff, but i see her using it differently.

Ephraim uses his lance Reginleif as his weapon in Brawl. His Solar Bracelet was important in Sacred Stones, but in Brawl, it gives him a bit extra. In his fighting stance, he holds the middle of the lance with the back end under his arm for balance. His left leg is forward.

Strength: **** (the "color" of his attacks are bright green)
Speed: **** (runs holding the lance behind him)
Jump: *** (Double-Jump is a front flip)
Weight: *** (normal Crouch-Cancel)
Traction: *** (a bit less slide than Marth's)

Standard_Combo (Holding A): Ephraim moves his right hand towards the end of the lance (not all the way) while his left hand holds near the blade. 1. Hits with the end of the lance 2. Hits with the blade (NOT the sharp edge)
Side_Tilt: Horizontal Slash: Minor Lag
Up_Tilt: Brings the lance over his head and spins it 3x. Does 3-6 consecutive hits.
Down_Tilt: Leg Sweep: Minor Lag (Meteor Smash - has to be near the edge)
Side_Smash: Brings his back leg forward and thrusts the lance forward (the animation of Ephraim's attack as a Lord). The blade shines gold for effect.
Up_Smash: Puts the lance behind him, holds the end with his left hand and swings down.
Down_Smash: Puts the lance on the ground behind him and swings it forward, then back. A few sparks fly out for effect.
Dash_Attack: At his side, he brings the lance forward and spins it 4x. Does 4-8 consecutive hits.
Nair: Spins around with the lance out.
Fair: Horizontal Slash
Upair: Does a flash kick
Bair: Swings the end of the lance horizontally (turning him around)
Dair: Stomps down and thrusts the end of the lance down at the same time (Meteor Smash - Has to be on top)

Grab: Grabs as if he was going to choke somebody. Low lag in his Dash_Grab.
Grab_Attack: Punches with the lance hand (the lance is near his chest while grabbing)
Front_Throw: Lunges them forward
Up_Throw: Throws up, then slashes
Back_Throw: Moves them back, does a roundhouse kick to turn around, and "bats" them away. Not too much lag.
Down_Throw: Throws down, then swings with the end of the lance. Moves them back.

B: Solar Spin: Ephraim brings his back leg forward, turning him around. He swings the Reginleif in a backhand motion, hitting with the sharp edge of the blade.This can be charged. He spins the lance behind him for the charge. As it spins, it shines gold. After the attack is unleashed, the blade emits a golden flash. (animation of Ephraim's Great Lord attack but without the horse)
<>B: Spear of the Sun: Instead of getting some random spear, throwing it, and somehow getting it back in his hand, Ephraim positions himself to throw Reginleif, but throws a a light in the shape of a spear. Can be charged. After thrown, it change trajectory once. Opponents can still get hit by Reginleif if too close.
^B: Warp Staff: Since basically anything can happen in Smash, Princess L'Arachel gave Ephraim a Warp Staff and lent him some of her powers. With his free hand, Ephraim quickly takes out a Warp Staff and warps. Can be controlled like any other "warp" move. Enemies nearby the warp get damaged.
vB: Counter: The classic counter for Fire Emblem characters. Ephraim's is a little different. To make it look like a counter, he parries with the end of the lance, and slashes. If countering a projectile, he just slashes at it, and a ray of light flies the same distance of the parried attack.

Final Smash: Twins of Renais: After grabbing the Smash Ball, Reginleif turns into Siegmund (the sacred lance of Renais). From the middle of the background, Ephraim's twin sister Eirika (holding the sacred sword Sieglinde) rides her horse in the air along with Ephraim's. Once they get to the middle of the stage, Ephraim jumps on his horse and the twins joust opposite ways. While jousting, both have energy fields surrounding them like an orb (Ephraim's gold; Eirika's silver). Whoever gets hit gets a knockback like a Side_Smash. Once both twins get to the edges of the stage, both raise their bracelet arms and a goldish-silverish light beams down in the middle of the stage (the one that killed Fomortiis, the Demon King). Has the same knockback.

Costumes: Blue (Default); Red; Green; White; Black

Kirby Hat: Light green hair...like this: http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...at-ephraim.jpg

well, there u have it. rate me, comment on it, w/e.

Hong

The Strongest
Ephraim, Black Knight, Lyn, Hector, Maciah and Marth are the possible candidates. Counting Ike, the most Fire Emblem representitives we'll see is three. Four if Sakurai can conjure some crazy ideas.

Alas, I think there's already an Ephraim thread. :/

Edit - Found it.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=77917

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
well Ephraim would be a nice edition since he uses a spear, its' something different and can be a nice breath of fresh air if he's in brawl. but i don't think he would replace Marth due to the fact i has a chance or returning. What also might be a nice edition could be Lyn.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Ephraim, Black Knight, Lyn, Hector, Maciah and Marth are the possible candidates. Counting Ike, the most Fire Emblem representitives we'll see is three. Four if Sakurai can conjure some crazy ideas.

Black Knight would probably be a Bowser clone. Look at the weight. Look at the figure. I am not aware about the Other one, but I do not wish to have another topic of mine derailed ON THE FIRST PAGE.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
ephraim (without horse) would be col because he fights with a spear. I love his fighting style and he would be way cooler than marth or roy.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Black Knight would probably be a Bowser clone.
Excuse me?

Yeah i can already see Mr. BK breathing fire. Oh and flying inside his shell, that would be awesome.

Hong

The Strongest
Black Knight would probably be a Bowser clone. Look at the weight. Look at the figure. I am not aware about the Other one, but I do not wish to have another topic of mine derailed ON THE FIRST PAGE.
A Bowser clone? Really? I can't see that at all.

Keep in mind, Black Knight is credited for how fast he moves with all of that armor. Now, he'd still be slow, just not the slowest. Since the Black Knight is very mystic yet powerful, his A moves would be single, slow yet punishing attacks and his B moves would use dark energies. In order to stand a chance, like Ganny, they'd give Black Knight a few weak and fast attacks that only exist to allow him to choose his fights. (Like Ganny's jab)
ephraim (without horse) would be col because he fights with a spear. I love his fighting style and he would be way cooler than marth or roy.
I figure if they did have Ephraim, the concept of the character would be mediocre close range combat but excellent mid range combat thanks to his Reginlief lance. He could also throw javelins as a special to have something to bait opponents.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
cuz punching with a sword works really well... you are an idiot. thats like saying zelda is a peach clone andmarth is a captin falcon clone.
I am having an idiotic imagination.... I'm only comparing them in size I guess. I'm thinking that he could a clone of something.

Hong

The Strongest
I am having an idiotic imagination.... I'm only comparing them in size I guess. I'm thinking that he could a clone of something.
We don't want clones. The developers don't want clones. No one wants clones. Especially when it's very easy to draw a moveset from that character. I respect your views but think from a wider viewpoint.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I hope they add Ephraim and Hector because then they'd be putting the FE reps of the newest games (excluding GoD) while also putting in the Weapon Triangle...that'd be interesting....hehehe

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
well big characters are much needed in smash compared to mid or small sized chars.
Am I right or did BK have a sword like a powerful runesword? If he did, I think he could be a possible clone of someone. I'm not thinkng straight. But why the hell are we talking about BK in an Ephraim topic?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I hope they add Ephraim and Hector because then they'd be putting the FE reps of the newest games (excluding GoD) while also putting in the Weapon Triangle...that'd be interesting....hehehe
They're making a Super Smash Brothers game, not a Fire Emblem Game. @ whoever said no one wants clones, Gan was apowerful but slow clone of Captn. Dr. Mario Suprisingly was a more powerful Mario. Link's Young link was a clone as well, I don't know if YL is more powerful or not. If there were clones in the older games, shouldn't we have reason to believe there will be more?

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
No it has been explained the the clones were only there because of time contraints on development and there were supposed to be more unique characters and not a million clones...

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
No it has been explained the the clones were only there because of time contraints on development and there were supposed to be more unique characters and not a million clones...
That makes sense. Anyways, What should be a good moveset for Ephraim? By the way what's the pronounciation?

Hong

The Strongest
I'd imagine 'Ef-Frame'. It could be 'Ee-Free Am' or a variety of other things. But I'm more comfortable with Ef-Frame.

I won't go through a full moveset since the basics are easy enough.

B: The lance critical animation. First Ephraim spins the lance at one side (pushing away close by enemies) and then thrust it out. Very powerful. It's easy to see coming though so it mostly exist to make space and scare people away.
B Forward: Ephraim throws a Javelin. There is about a 1 second throwing time, and the longer B is held during that second, the further it flies.
B Down: The traditional Fire Emblem Counter ability. To make this one different, if the attack is a projectile, Ephraim throws a Javelin instead of attacking with his Reginlief. The Javelin would be slow and easy to dodge.
B up: Rise of Renais. Ephraim would illuminate a blue light for half a second and then travel a short distance as a blue streak of light. He'd be vulnerable from the start but invulnerable on the actual attack so one could counter him by hitting him before it begins.

His smash attacks and a few of his aerials would use the Reginlief and everything else would be weak punch n' kicks. Use your imagination since I'm not fond of making movesets. :p

Edit - For a final smash, his horse could appear so he could mount up on it and charge at enemies on the screen whilst invulnerable and being able to change direction. It's very painful but possible to avoid in a few ways. It'd last for maybe 8-11 seconds?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I'd imagine 'Ef-Frame'. It could be 'Ee-Free Am' or a variety of other things. But I'm more comfortable with Ef-Frame.

I won't go through a full moveset since the basics are easy enough.

I lke to say E-Pram for some reason, but that's me. May I use that Moveset and credit you nin the front page?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i think theres already an ephraim thread, but im glad to see so many others think he would be a good character. and i think he should play like traditional FE smash characters, all lance attacks all of the time

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
i really like the way his wide tipped spear looks, he's definatley a unique character. Im tired of every FE char having a sword!

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
i think theres already an ephraim thread, but im glad to see so many others think he would be a good character. and i think he should play like traditional FE smash characters, all lance attacks all of the time
Would you mind telling me the codes for the DeDeDe and the Black Knight Images you have?

RWB

Smash Ace
My take on the moveset:
Some are based of the one in the beginning of the thread. ;)

B: Solar Stab: The lance critical animation. Ephraim starts spinning his spear, and can either charge up more, or release it in that stab. Shoots a flame forward. A bit weaker than The shield breaker in damage, but more knockback if hit by the spear.

B Down: Grapple counter: If hit by a projectile, he sweeps it aside with the spear. Up close, if hit, he grabs the enemy and hurles them upwards.

B Up: Rising sun: Somersaults(several times) while swinging his spear around him in a circle of fire. Decent vertical and horizontal recovery.

Sounds good?

D

Deleted member

THIEF!

YOU STOLA MA TOPIC!

Lmao. You know your idea is a shoe-in when someone else makes a topic. Thanks guys. (There's a moveset on my page that I put up, I might update it sooner or later.)

NukeA6

Smash Master

Edit - Found it.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=77917
Out of that list only the Black Knight, Micaiah, and Marth are possible. Lyn would actually have a chance seeing she's the most popular lord in the East and the fact that Sakurai isn't interested in only top characters (GBA FE games aren't very liked in Japan).

D

Deleted member

Out of that list only the Black Knight, Micaiah, and Marth are possible. Lyn would actually have a chance seeing she's the most popular lord in the East and the fact that Sakurai isn't interested in only top characters (GBA FE games aren't very liked in Japan).
That boils down to just Marth then, since in a big series I doubt they'd give two slots from the FE9/10 series.

RWB

Smash Ace
Actually, NPC#23 in PoR is a possible newcomer, so no, those guys aren't alone about it.

Likely, that's another thing altogether.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
THIEF!

YOU STOLA MA TOPIC!

Lmao. You know your idea is a shoe-in when someone else makes a topic. Thanks guys. (There's a moveset on my page that I put up, I might update it sooner or later.)
Link me your page, I don't feel like tearing this up so another can be built.

My take on the moveset:
Some are based of the one in the beginning of the thread. ;)

Sounds good?
Not bad. I can put it on the front page next to Luna's with credits to you if you'd like.

Top Bottom