• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

916 / Sacramento Smash: DP will never post here

SNG

Smash Journeyman
haha, i wanna drive only when there are like more people dude! we gotta find a day where everyone/most people are free and get together somewhere to smash when i come back again. I'll let you guys know when I am coming back. :D

DRGN

Technowizard
We actually had a smashfest of like 6 people at my place a little while before the last TAG. Fests like that are rare nowadays, but they do still happen occasionally! I still remember when there were pretty good sized (sometimes 10-20 people) smashfests kinda often around here. That was back when the community was all on one game though. It's cool though that Melee is growing once again.

Moon, how does onwards of 4:30 pm sound?

ru5514n

Smash Ace
I doubt ssb4 will find its way into the melee community. But some brawlers, especially those on the noob/casual end of the spectrum will likely migrate to it, thus splitting their community.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Alright, leaving now.

edit: and by "now" I mean in two hours lol.

edit 2: Car just got here, don't wanna go out lol. Tomorrow for sure.

DRGN

Technowizard
Lol damn. Well at least you're still coming. I've been looking forward to playing all week! Lol

Unfortunately a lot of people seem to be afraid of getting back into (or just into) Melee. Largely because of its speed and technical requirements. Basically, these make spacing and control in general more difficult the higher in level of play you go (or closer you get to the metagame). Brawl, on the other hand, is IMO pretty much always easy to pick up and get back into (and I used to compete in that at a high level). It's really just a matter of knowing the character match-ups. And most of the people that are still around playing Melee today are better than the average player back during Melee's prime, so the competition is a bit tougher too.

Honestly we'll all play the new one when it comes out, right? Lol. And probably try it competitively.

It's almost hard to imagine it being worse than Brawl. But part of the problem is how Nintendo has laxed on the concept of consistency in gameplay. And I don't just mean tripping. Several things, like the entire physics engine for example. I mean, the Havok engine? Seriously? I believe it could work for a fighting game, but not this one; not like this. Lol. But the reduced consistency is essentially all part of the plan toward's Miyamoto's "everybody wins" ideology. :| (move staling helps a lot with that goal too).

DRGN

Technowizard
Hm, maybe if I had seen this earlier. I was actually home around 5:30, but right now I'm at Thunder Valley, lol.

Luckily i did finally get to play yesterday. Aron came by and we smashed until nearly 3 am, lol.

Glad you suddenly decided to come and play, Aron. Fun matches! ^_^

Might have time to play tomorrow, but I don't know yet. I'll post back if I do.

ARON?

Smash Apprentice
Yesterday night was pretty sweet, thanks for hosting Drgn. However, next time you won't look so tough once I learn the vs Ness matchup.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I'm having a smashfest at my place this Saturday, if anyone's interested. Pretty much gonna be going on all day from noon. I'll PM the address if anyone wants to go.

DRGN

Technowizard
This just popped up online a few days ago. Pretty cool.

Now I know some of you want to play Thursday, lol.

Btw, I'm not sure how I could get to Ookami's smashfest, that's pretty far for me with no car. If anyone else from Sac wants to go, maybe Delphiki and I can go with them?

Wolfy!

Indecisive
After watching that video, all I can say is... WOW

Also, DRGN, carpooling FTW. We've got a bit of a lack of players in my city, so more people are always welcome. BTW, call me Wolfy, it's shorter, lulz.

ARON?

Smash Apprentice
Are you going to play today Drgn? Got to get some more Thursday smash

DRGN

Technowizard
Alright. When are you coming? Also maybe Delphiki will be more interested in playing this time too.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
I am!

The catch though, is that I am coming from Antioch (went down there tonight), so I cannot bring any mangs with me. If you find a way there I can take you back though.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
It might be possible that I can get my friend to pick some people up if they don't have a ride. I'd have to ask him about it, though.

Top Bottom