• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/27 SSBM Tournament - "How Many Cavemen Can Fit on a Sinking Ship?" Houston, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Internet connection sucks right now and I lost my old post so I'll try to make this a shorter post than last time.

OMG SETUPS PLZ
This is what constitutes a setup despite it all being extremely obvious: GameCube, a copy of SSBM, A/V cables, AC adapter and television.

Rules:
No wacky rules. 4 stock, 7 minutes, no items, yadda yadda. I'll print them out beforehand to prevent disputes. Singles, doubles and if there is enough time, low-tier.

Singles = $10
Doubles = $10

Bringing a setup discounts you $5 off your singles entry!!

Time:
Singles starts at 1:00 PM, but let's pretend it's at noon so you won't hold up everyone like a *******. The earliest you can show is 10:00 AM. Doubles will start pretty much whenever singles ends.

Civility:
No drugs, no fighting and be quiet or you'll be kicked out. No seriously, be quieter than normal. I don't want to be kicked out when I just moved in. People come to live here because of how quiet it is and the walls are kinda thin so just keep this all in mind.

Finally I do plan to have another. I noticed this is conflicting with some people's schedules, but the show must go on. I'll be getting another venue for this next month because this is looking bigger than expected.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
We're looking at the floorplan now. It's looking like maybe around 30 could fit in there, most of them playing if I organize this well. I'm guessing it might be more around 30 and that's not including upstairs. Depends if my gal is sleeping during that time whether we will use any room upstairs.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Today marks a month away from me moving into the new apartment with only a few days after that being the actual tournament. It's pretty exciting. Given the amount of people who out cried really wanting a melee tournament at the last event at Planet Zero I'm a bit surprised so few have posted. However, I assume the closer the event comes more will pop out.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
This sounds interesting, hopefully I'll be able to come, because I've never gotten to face many good people in melee.

Low tier battles sound fun too, and 3 of the 4 characters I use in melee are low tier anyways (Zelda, Pichu, and Bowser).

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
This sounds interesting, hopefully I'll be able to come, because I've never gotten to face many good people in melee.

Low tier battles sound fun too, and 3 of the 4 characters I use in melee are low tier anyways (Zelda, Pichu, and Bowser).
Please come ^_^' so I can have a good time.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Believe me, I'll do whatever I can to come :D Melee tournaments just sound too good to pass up.
agreed. I feel the same way.

So Arons who is everyone on the list going so far, I know.

XZalla and Cesar both say there going, and I would imagine Ronnie and Mouf would probably make a guest appearance.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
I updated with a lot more info now that the tournament is only a month away.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
agreed. I feel the same way.

So Arons who is everyone on the list going so far, I know.

XZalla and Cesar both say there going, and I would imagine Ronnie and Mouf would probably make a guest appearance.
It's Aaron with two 'A's. Let's see...

Showing up:

BeBoBli
Jeremy
XZalla
CesarWTF
KRDsonic

Interested:

bluezaft
Ronnie
Mouf

Anyone I missed?

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Jeremy definitely has much more skill since I last played him. His computer is down at the moment, but he caught a few matches between us. He just can't upload them at the moment.

And let's see... 3 & a half weeks until the tournament I guess? As far as more people coming Kal has shown interest and maybe will bring a couple people down from Austin.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
jeremy let's see if we can play before tourney in the coming weeks I need the practice :) sorry I didn't go with xz when he went to your house but I been busy with some stuff

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I was going to Host a Melee tournament, but I guess I'll wait now.

Well being the absolute best at Melee I guess that means I have to come right? =D

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to double post but...

Melee is not dead. This is EXACTLY what we needed. I encourage all the old Melee players as well as the newer brawl players to come out and see how fun Melee really is. You won't be disappointed.

With that said I'm now accepting money matches... keep in mind I recently went blind so your chances of winning are astronomical. Keep in mind that I am not typing right now, someone else is doing it for me.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Thread has been thoroughly updated with corrections, info on address, directions and other details.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
hey look, get a good amount of people interested in coming to this and i will seriously go, for sure.

i wanna see this happen.

poot, would rage be coming with you?

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
hey look, get a good amount of people interested in coming to this and i will seriously go, for sure.
With an attitude like that it's sure to fail! Come either way. Help make it have that amount of people you desire.

Yeah everyone should spread the word, it would be nice to see Colombian Falcon/Rayzorium at this ; )
CF is apparently hard to contact at the moment because he was out somewhere and just returned as I'm sure you noticed. I don't know the guy personally, just have seen him here and there at tournaments. Rayz might come if Kal does. And the chances of that... not even Kal is sure of yet.

Either way I'd still like to see a number of people show. I need to address the melee community in general, and the more people that show the more problems I can assess with more input.

theTofuG0d

Smash Cadet
lol just saw your list. The +2 next to me is Timerbomb and Bacn so you can take that off haha. And you can call me Stark since this account is old...

And CF jus came back from Columbia today I believe.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
lol just saw your list. The +2 next to me is Timerbomb and Bacn so you can take that off haha. And you can call me Stark since this account is old...

And CF jus came back from Columbia today I believe.
Updated list and lowered entry fees of both singles and doubles by $2 each. I thought I did this earlier, but I apparently forgot!

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Hmm I wants to come..... of course I dunno anyone who might come from SA.....

You can put me as a maybe. I may be able to convince my girlfriend for a road trip.

theTofuG0d

Smash Cadet
I'll be calling Roy in the near future, I'll let you know on that.

A friend of mine wanted to come but he isn't really sure yet. I think 2 other people are gonna come like via a different ride with us just to let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom