• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/11 Quran Burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I like how this isn't even relevent to the topic; It's like this is the first time Bin Ladins done anything. Go peddle your theories in some other thread. I'll gladly destroy them for you, cause this thread isn't the place for that.
Its quite relevant who really was responsible for 9/11 because if muslims weren't wrongfully accused through Usama bin Laden then there wouldn't be anyone burning Qurans. Therefore this debate has no validity because its based on a lie.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8182697765360042032#docid=-4617650616903609314

Please watch this and tell me if you still think Usama did anything on 9/11. Its the video presentation for the Architects and Engineers for 9/11 truth.

Aesir

Smash Master
Actually the debate is on Freedom of Religion, that's the core of the debate. 9/11 may have been a trigger but the debate isn't about 9/11 it's about religious freedom and their right to practice their religion. Hence why coming in here talking about conspiracy theories is a waste of time and only distracts us form the topic at hand.

Furthermore the idea that the twin towers were brought down by a controlled demolition was refuted by engineers who specialize in structural mechanics. It's funny how those people in the video lack the specialized expertise to know what they're talking about. It's completely unreasonable to assume Bin ladin couldn't orchestrate something since he tried to bomb the place years earlier, furthermore the Bush Administration didn't take Bin Ladin as a serious threat which lead to the events of sept 11th.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
As I said I don't want to debate the events of 9/11 here and there is no conspiracy theory, just merely pointing out how misinformed the current theory is.

The right to freedom of religion or freedom of speech should never be questioned. Ever.

Thino

Smash Master
Its quite relevant who really was responsible for 9/11 because if muslims weren't wrongfully accused through Usama bin Laden then there wouldn't be anyone burning Qurans. Therefore this debate has no validity because its based on a lie.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8182697765360042032#docid=-4617650616903609314

Please watch this and tell me if you still think Usama did anything on 9/11. Its the video presentation for the Architects and Engineers for 9/11 truth.
its good to nail down the core of the problem.

but I believe that over those 9 years , the media and the government had and still have an interest in making the population believe that Muslim Extremists did 9/11 or else they would have already told everyone the truth

as long as both of those that are the only ones that have a huge effect on American and worldwide public opinion , videos like the one you've posted will have a very minimal effect on people's opinion

I believe its better to focus on the emergency that is : Islam considers burning their book as an attack , how to avoid a direct conflict.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I agree with you that until the evidence is presented on the media, the American public will still go on living a lie. However the evidence is out there and you can see for yourself just what a charade it was.

To personify a religion into an entity that you fear will attack you is ridiculous in the modern age. Whos going to bomb you because you burned a Quran? Other members of the CIA's database known as "al Qaida"? Islam is just another religion that will practice their beliefs and would like to be left alone. The only reason you believe in Muslim extremists attacking America is because of 9/11.

Thino

Smash Master
To personify a religion into an entity that you fear will attack you is ridiculous in the modern age. Whos going to bomb you because you burned a Quran? Other members of the CIA's database known as "al Qaida"? Islam is just another religion that will practice their beliefs and would like to be left alone. The only reason you believe in Muslim extremists attacking America is because of 9/11.
its less than likely that they would bomb or attack America , however the hostility in Eastern countries seems to be real

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/11/world/asia/11afghan.html?_r=1
http://continentalnews.net/christian-news/quran-burning-could-endanger-us-troops-2235.html
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2010/sep2010/kora-s09.shtml

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Good sources, however you have to remember that we went into Afghanistan because of 9/11 and we're basically just screwing over the taliban and their government and their way of life, all so we can plunder their resources. These protests are not just caused by the Koran burning, but if I were a afghan muslim that might be the last straw for me too.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Good sources, however you have to remember that we went into Afghanistan because of 9/11 and we're basically just screwing over the taliban and their government and their way of life, all so we can plunder their resources. These protests are not just caused by the Koran burning, but if I were a afghan muslim that might be the last straw for me too.
Dead wrong. We went into afganistan because bush accused afgan people for having mld0s.

Owait...

I mean WOMD.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Wikipedia Rip:

The War in Afghanistan began on October 7, 2001,[30] as the US military's Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) that was launched, along with the British military, in response to the September 11, 2001 attacks on the US. The UK has, since 2002, led its own military operation, Operation Herrick, as part of the same war in Afghanistan. The character of the war evolved from a violent struggle against Al-Qaeda and its Taliban supporters to a complex counterinsurgency effort.
The first phase of the war was the aftermath of the attacks of September 11, 2001, when the United States launched Operation Enduring Freedom, to remove the safe haven to Al-Qaeda and its use of the Afghan territory as a base of operations for terrorist activities. In that first phase, U.S. and coalition forces, working with the Afghan opposition forces of the Northern Alliance, quickly ousted the Taliban regime. During the following Karzai administration, the character of the war shifted to an effort aimed at smothering an insurgency hostile to the US-backed Karzai government, in which the insurgents preferred not to directly confront the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) troops, but blended into the local population and mainly used improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and suicide bombings.
The stated aim of the invasion was to find Osama bin Laden and other high-ranking Al-Qaeda members to be put on trial, to destroy the organization of Al-Qaeda, and to remove the Taliban regime which supported and gave safe harbor to it. The Bush administration stated that, as policy, it would not distinguish between terrorist organizations and nations or governments that harbored them. The United Nations did not authorize the U.S.-led invasion of Afghanistan.[31]

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Aesir was right: that has nothing to do with this thread and topic. Stay on topic.

Ballistics, stop bringing this up in every thread that is somehow tangentially related to your theory. Being tangentially related does not make it "on-topic."

Aesir

Smash Master
^ It's the irrational attitude of the Truthers, they have tunnel vision, it's like they look for certain keywords that deal with their theory and just go off on that thread.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Aesir if I'm wrong then no big deal , but if you're wrong there are massive consequences

Perhaps with this argument of logic, I would suggest that its important to look at the video presentation on evidence, before you label me as something lower than yourself

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Ballistics, continue this in the other thread. If it's discussed here (or in other unrelated threads) from this point on, infractions will be handed out.

Aesir

Smash Master
Aesir if I'm wrong then no big deal , but if you're wrong there are massive consequences

Perhaps with this argument of logic, I would suggest that its important to look at the video presentation on evidence, before you label me as something lower than yourself
The video you so faithfully post as some cure all to my arguments is nothing new to me, I've seen them presented before. Just because you rehash and old argument and sex it with new graphics and music that doesn't change the substance.

I'm not wrong because I have facts, something the truthers seem to neglect.

Thino

Smash Master
you're broadening the source of this problem and the solutions that can be found way too much

I wont go on details about why America went to Afghanistan

but what I can say is that its much faster to deal with that "last straw" first , to deal with the problem that is at hand due to the emergency and the consequences its likely to have

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
And you aren't? I'm not debating this topic here. Take it to the thread I made for you, but Pascal's Wager works on multiple topics. ("I believe X because not believing in it would result in dire consequences of true.")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom