• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/04/10 - WATO12 -Western Airlines Travel Occidentally -Feat M2K and Money Drama!!!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hmm...i can come to this brawl and melee tourney on saturday. Or i can go to the brawl and SFIV tourney in daytona that saturday

i'll really have to think about this one

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If they are there is always Wendies, amirite? ;p

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
Ummmmm ok it looks like it will be on no matter what!!! I hope this will be as fun as I hope it to be...........

GGac I will also bring for the wii and will be open to all money matches in both games, (TvC and GGac maybe melee also...) can we try to make the like 7 dollars or more and first to 5, as those would be the most intersting.

Well ****, since I know most of you are going to gigs we can do mm's at both if you want seeing as I was alreaddy going to bring TvC and GGac to gigs.

$5.00 tourney is going to be the hottness. Now I really can't wait for this.......... far far away................

Laijin

Smash Hero
what do you mean allow?

I USE him!!!

Yes, TvC tournament will be a go!

Someone has to give me the rules.

Me and colbol are like SONIC-fast tourney hosts!
Cool. Maybe I can win my second TvC tourney ever(I won my first one against GA. lol..did'nt really count since I did not play Marty or Chaddd. :\).

Karas, Ryu, Joe and Chun are probably the best characters in the game.

The robots are probably the worst characters in the game. They can barely combo and its easy to just sit back and throw projectiles all day at them.
Anyways. Ruleset pulled from Shoryuken:

-2 out of 3 games, winner must keep characters.

-Handicap 3, default game settings.

-If you pause the game, you are at your opponent's mercy. He can take a free win on that round, or let it play. If he wants to take the round, he must not continue playing after the pause. Doing so forfeits your right to contest the pause.

-Performing any glitch that keeps the game from being played is banned. Its pretty obvious what these are. Most of them thus far make a rainbow character fly away to the moon! If you do one of these on purpose or on accident and cant recover from it quickly, you forfeit the round.

-If the Burning Ruins stage comes up, either player may opt to reroll the stage selection at any time before the round actually starts. If the round actually starts, the game must be played. This stage has huge issues for colorblind players, and even non-colorblind players in mirror matches. It is also the only stage with slowdown.

-If both players with to select Yatterman-1, they must agree on which color/mech they wish to use. If an agreement can not be reached, a coin will be flipped to see who gets to select their color first. Click here to find out why this is a needed rule.

-You can run your tournament in either 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratio, but make sure that you announce which you are using before the event, and make double sure that EVERY station you are running it on is set to the same aspect ratio.

-(Optional Rule) "The Grego" - Accidentally changing point characters as the round starts doesnt mean you get to reset and reselect your characters. You have to play it. Remember, holding either the DOWN direction or the PARTNER button will cause this.

-(NEW RULE) If a double KO occurs, neither player is awarded the win and match will be replayed with the same characters.

-(Director's Choice Rule) Anything wii-mote related.

-(Director's Choice Rule) 4:3 or 16:9 mode. Either is fine, but there are differences, so make sure you announce which format you are using and make sure ALL of your stations are set to the same mode.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I R BABOON. Man I can't wait for this, and I gots my income tax yay! : D

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
i'm down for a tvc tourney, although i've only played it once before
Go to gigs, I know you saw my post in the orlando thread. I am actually going to be going to tourneys again so EXPECT other fighters to be at all melee/brawl events I go to. (probly just TvC and GGac for wii unless someone shows they would be down for Caz or Naruto)

Mad casuals to be had in TvC, I know you could pick the game up sooooooo fast like most others do.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Go to gigs, I know you saw my post in the orlando thread. I am actually going to be going to tourneys again so EXPECT other fighters to be at all melee/brawl events I go to. (probly just TvC and GGac for wii unless someone shows they would be down for Caz or NARUTO)

Mad casuals to be had in TvC, I know you could pick the game up sooooooo fast like most others do.
YAY Naruto. : D I might play some TvC, although I also haven't played it before, but I am open. ^_^

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
where the hell do you get TvC/1?!?!?

i want to learn but i dont know where??

also
RIIIIIDIES TO THIS>>>>

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Also. GG:AC for wii = fail.
No one wants to bring a ps2 over?
So true. If I go, I could be able to bring a ps2 but someone else needs to bring the game.

On a side note, if TvC is anything like MvC2 (only my favorite fighting game ever), I could do very good. The only thing that could mess me up is the GC controller (I hate traditional fighting games on Wii because of the controller) and I'll have to learn the moves. I'll prolly pick V-Joe and Ryu or MegaMan.

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
double post for usefulness
Homebrew wii.

Also. GG:AC for wii = fail.
No one wants to bring a ps2 over?

I would love to hear why you would post such dribble..............

explain please.

No need to play on gc crap, we got 3 wii sticks(2 wii horis and 1 TvC exar) and will bring 2 wii classics. No one should have to play the game like that, I would think that is worse than playing MvC2 on DC pad. lol.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I would love to hear why you would post such dribble..............

explain please.

No need to play on gc crap, we got 3 wii sticks(2 wii horis and 1 TvC exar) and will bring 2 wii classics. No one should have to play the game like that, I would think that is worse than playing MvC2 on DC pad. lol.
There are lots of reasons.
I'll give you an example:
Imagine if you were playing Smash Bros on an Xbox controller or an arcade joystick. Thats all you have to do..is imagine that.

Playing GG on anything other than an arcade stick or a ps2 pad(for those who don't know the stick..like me and majority of the GG community surprisingly) is extremely foreign. I've played AC on both the wii and ps2 and it feels vastly different. I even started playing AC on the PS3 controller, then tried to go back to playing it on the ps2 after 2 months and it was entirely different(PS3 controller is surprisingly a lot different than the ps2 controller. The joystick is longer, R2 & L2 buttons are bigger for no reason, etc etc). Even extremely subtle cases like switching to another GC controller to play melee will cause you to suffer(Just look at what happened to M2K after his controller got stolen for an example).

So anyways. Conclusion is, playing on anything else you did not practice on will definantly make the game not so fun anymore and will obviously decrease your play skill than what you were playing on before. Unless you happen to have some kind of awesome converter, PS2 GG is always the way to go.

Zoro

Smash Champion
YO i own noobs with robo ky but i am a noob at that game too! oh im gonna bring it in today to play

Laijin

Smash Hero
Man Marty ***** me at gg
Marty is a beast at GG.
The problem where I mentioned the PS3 controller is weird from the PS2 controller. I played him after playing the ps3 version for like 3 months. Did not turn out too well.
in b4 Controller johns.

I main Millia and Jam.
Besides me, there is only like one other Millia main player in FL. Feels like I'm playing Young Link all over again since no one else plays her. :[

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
About time man, need to work on my ABA. Zoro, my Ky Kiske vs your Robo Ky :chuckle:
Lol I'll start playing with this, but I am even more of a noob at this. xD Show me how to play this yo! (I got money if you need to be spotted man)

edit: Yo SFL cmon already JungleFever is cool : D, I'll even give whoever gives 'im a ride $10

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
D: < So? What does that mean, that they are in town? Just ask them if you can go. : D

Top Bottom