• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8th gen Pokemon for another Fighters Pass thread!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
My thoughts exactly. I don't think there should be a support thread every time a new Pokémon shows up when we may most likely just get one of the starters in the end.
yeah, though you never know, depending on when development starts they might be able to go for a really popular one

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yep. because I know it's going be that fire fighting bunny. And I'm sick of starter taking up the roster.
well you dont actually have any way of knowing, we have nothing to say thats what scorbunny will become (even legit leaks are inconsistent) and you have no way of telling who sakurai would go for

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I do wonder how many new Pokemon there will be as it's only a couple of months to do and there hasn't been any Pokemon that shouts "Smash character" like Lucario, Zoroark (even if he lost out on that one) or the final forms of the starters.

Unless we count Melmetal as a Gen 8 (Gen 7.5?) only one that stands out to me so far is Obstagoon. I wonder if Game Freak has a Smash rep in mind. I also wonder if Sakurai has seen the Pokedex.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I do wonder how many new Pokemon there will be as it's only a couple of months to do and there hasn't been any Pokemon that shouts "Smash character" like Lucario, Zoroark (even if he lost out on that one) or the final forms of the starters.

Unless we count Melmetal as a Gen 8 (Gen 7.5?) only one that stands out to me so far is Obstagoon. I wonder if Game Freak has a Smash rep in mind. I also wonder if Sakurai has seen the Pokedex.
nothing we can do but wait and see in that case

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that the Team Rocket Mii Fighter costume has increased the chances of there being a Pokemon themed DLC pack because it shows that they can add Pokemon-themed Mii Fighter costumes.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if they'll have anything to show at the Tokyo Game Show come the 12th.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I mean, I'm never opposed to cool Pokemon getting added, but at this point, I'd really like to see underrepresented franchises get more love. Pokemon has so many fighters already. Same with Mario and Fire Emblem.

Let some other franchises get some love before adding more Pokemon... unless they wanna add Buzzwole then they can do that.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I mean, I'm never opposed to cool Pokemon getting added, but at this point, I'd really like to see underrepresented franchises get more love. Pokemon has so many fighters already. Same with Mario and Fire Emblem.

Let some other franchises get some love before adding more Pokemon... unless they wanna add Buzzwole then they can do that.
That's actually pretty fair, but we're basing it off whats =most likely lol. But yeah, Kirby, Zelda, etc., need way more reps.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That's actually pretty fair, but we're basing it off whats =most likely lol. But yeah, Kirby, Zelda, etc., need way more reps.
Bandana Waddle Dee isn't way more. Representation=/=number of fighters

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What does that mean? And if you're saying spirits deconfirm, that argument isn't that valid anymore.
Edit: Your edit isn't explaining much either.
i think they mean bandanna is the only representation we need rather than just lots more characters, i could be wrong though

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I wonder how the anti “anime” sword fighter crowd would react to sirfetched in smash
Not only is it another swordfighter, but it's also another Pokemon, and not the kind Smash fans tend to request.

This also applies to Zacian but I'd be more interested in Sirfetch'd.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Cool Kirby hat idea for Sirfetched.
Not only is it another swordfighter, but it's also another Pokemon, and not the kind Smash fans tend to request.

This also applies to Zacian but I'd be more interested in Sirfetch'd.
Too bad it probably won't happen anyway, given the recent track record of Pokémon inclusions. You never know, I suppose.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Too bad it probably won't happen anyway, given the recent track record of Pokémon inclusions. You never know, I suppose.
Depends on what Nintendo would want to do with a new Pokemon addition, since Sakurai doesn't have full control of who gets to be a DLC fighter. Would they want to continue the pattern Greninja started, or would they want to focus on something else that's getting a decent amount of promotion?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Depends on what Nintendo would want to do with a new Pokemon addition, since Sakurai doesn't have full control of who gets to be a DLC fighter. Would they want to continue the pattern Greninja started, or would they want to focus on something else that's getting a decent amount of promotion?
Depends. I don't know if I can see Sirfetch'd be the proverbial :ultlucario: case, but it would be helpful. And, let's be honest, I'd pay a bundle to see people's confused reactions to a Pokémon using a sword in Smash.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I was thinking about 8 gen representation in Ultimate and something that might seems crazy, but still crossed my mind is Impidimp as a playable fighter. It seems that Game Freak really like him because they're trying to give it a bit more personality, while still keeping him mysterious. There's a lot of talk around him recently and he's kind of the Mimikyu of his generations (Pokémon with more personality and that grew popularity real fast). He also have a unique design and unique typing, so he could most likely bring something new to Smash. Maybe he could hava a "trickster" kind of moveset and they could play with his mischievous personality to make him more unique to other Pokémon already on the game.

Of course it still very early to talk about this because we don't know that much about him and other Pokémon in the 8th generation, but for what we saw right now I think he could be the most interesting (despite that we saw so little of him).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i get the feeling i predicted a garlar rapidash a while back somewhere on the boards

edit: no i just said itd be cool to have a unicorn for scotland

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
Gigantamax Pikachu is Pikachu's final smash that may be 100% be in the next smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom