• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I already knew about this, but it cool that your showing it off to the rest of us.

So, I'm going into the Smash 4 scene in probably a couple of weeks. I'm not really sure how I'll do, so I'm asking you guys for help. Later in this post are the legal stages that we use. Any and all tips and tricks that anyone has with these stages. Please say. I'll also post the top players characters and again, any and all tips and tricks will be so helpful.

I'm currently going in with these 3 characters as my main set up. :4shulk:, :4cloud:, and the last one I'm not entirely sure, but I'm looking at :4corrin: for the last slot.

I will also ask the Shulk and Corrin pages for tips and tricks with there characters.

Here are the top 10 players and there characters at my locals.
1. :4peach: :rosalina: :4bayonetta:
2. :4metaknight: :4corrin: :4cloud:
3. :rosalina: :4mario:
4. :4dedede: :4wario:
5. :4marth: :4greninja:
6. :4ness: :4sheik:
7. :4rob: :4gaw:
8. :4ness: :4falcon:
9. :4falcon: :4cloud:
10. :4bowser: :4kirby:

And here are the legal stages.
Starters:
Smashville
Town and City
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dreamland64

Counterpicks:
Duck Hunt
Lylat Cruise
(you may now substitute Miiverse for Battlefield)
(you may now substitute any Omega for Final Destination)

Again. Any and all tips and tricks about anything will be much appreciated. Thanks in Advance. Time to go copy and paste this to the Corrin and Shulk boards

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
This is really late but if Furret24 Furret24 is still around, I'd love it if he could tell me exactly how I can mod smash 3ds, whether it be through PM or here. Is it just like this? http://pastebin.com/ES053DpJ What do I need to do?

This could be bad if anyone masters it. Cloud, Luigi, and Kirby's jab straight up kill us without a jump it seems, and the rest still put us in a bad situation
And there's this too... Could help us survive longer against Bayo to get more Limits against her. Wonder how hard it is to SDI when we're in Limit mode.
Monado Master Monado Master I'd say that you need a counter for chars that can abuse our recoveries (as both Shulk and Cloud) Like every time we have to up b against these chars it could mean we lose a stock to windboxes like Mario or Greninja. This is something I'm struggling with as a Cloud and Shulk main, but no other char really fits me. I play Sheik wrong, I can't do Bayo combos, etc, etc.

Also
Literally in love with this rn

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
I already knew about this, but it cool that your showing it off to the rest of us.

So, I'm going into the Smash 4 scene in probably a couple of weeks. I'm not really sure how I'll do, so I'm asking you guys for help. Later in this post are the legal stages that we use. Any and all tips and tricks that anyone has with these stages. Please say. I'll also post the top players characters and again, any and all tips and tricks will be so helpful.

I'm currently going in with these 3 characters as my main set up. :4shulk:, :4cloud:, and the last one I'm not entirely sure, but I'm looking at :4corrin: for the last slot.

I will also ask the Shulk and Corrin pages for tips and tricks with there characters.

Here are the top 10 players and there characters at my locals.
1. :4peach: :rosalina: :4bayonetta:
2. :4metaknight: :4corrin: :4cloud:
3. :rosalina: :4mario:
4. :4dedede: :4wario:
5. :4marth: :4greninja:
6. :4ness: :4sheik:
7. :4rob: :4gaw:
8. :4ness: :4falcon:
9. :4falcon: :4cloud:
10. :4bowser: :4kirby:

And here are the legal stages.
Starters:
Smashville
Town and City
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dreamland64

Counterpicks:
Duck Hunt
Lylat Cruise
(you may now substitute Miiverse for Battlefield)
(you may now substitute any Omega for Final Destination)

Again. Any and all tips and tricks about anything will be much appreciated. Thanks in Advance. Time to go copy and paste this to the Corrin and Shulk boards
Watch out for Meta Knight because the up air to up b combo still works, but he can also just neutral air you instead of up b since Cloud has a bad recovery, and even if you have your limit, it's Meta Knight, so he'll have no problem edgeguarding you.

Last edited:

Stylo Ren

Smash Cadet
NNID
Random4811
If I were to hack my Wii U, I would add one winged angel in midgar. That would be the first thing I would do. But I'm no hacker, I'm just a public speaker.

Thanks dawg.
Why wouldnt you put in marginally better fight songs like Jenova, Weapon Raid, Crazy Motorcycle and Birth of a God first? Lol One winged Angel is okay but it isnt fantastic.

First thing I'd do honestly is try to make the music selection work like Dissidia, so you can pick any music on any stage. That'd be dope af

So, I've been wondering how do I properly DI out of Cloud's Cross Slash (Non Limit Break) I've seen people at top play DI right out of it at low percents. I know you can jump out of it at high percents but I would like to know the proper DI method. I don't fight many Cloud Players however I play the character myself alot.
SDI.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Why wouldnt you put in marginally better fight songs like Jenova, Weapon Raid, Crazy Motorcycle and Birth of a God first? Lol One winged Angel is okay but it isnt fantastic.

First thing I'd do honestly is try to make the music selection work like Dissidia, so you can pick any music on any stage. That'd be dope af

SDI.
If I understand correctly you can't put in any new songs, just replace previous ones. Like for example I'm going to put this over my main menu

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Ever since I played Hyrule Warriors Legends, I thought about how great it would be if you could play as Cloud. Looked all over for a way to put models in to any game on 3ds, could not find anything. Tagging Furret24 Furret24 one more time - maybe he knows how to do it. Would appreciate a response.

Furret24

Smash Master
Ever since I played Hyrule Warriors Legends, I thought about how great it would be if you could play as Cloud. Looked all over for a way to put models in to any game on 3ds, could not find anything. Tagging Furret24 Furret24 one more time - maybe he knows how to do it. Would appreciate a response.
Initially, I wasn't going to respond because all this modding stuff is a really complicated and a long process I don't want to explain, but...

I'd just like to say that I dunno how you would take models from one game and put them in a completely different game (you can't just take something from one game and put it in another). I doubt it's even possible at this time, or that it will be possible in the near future.
:162:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Initially, I wasn't going to respond because all this modding stuff is a really complicated and a long process I don't want to explain, but...

I'd just like to say that I dunno how you would take models from one game and put them in a completely different game (you can't just take something from one game and put it in another). I doubt it's even possible at this time, or that it will be possible in the near future.
K man, my bad, just let me know in the future so I won't think youre just ignoring me ^-^
If you ever feel like explaining let me know

If custom music is a little less difficult thatd be cool

EDIT What the ****
double posted twice in arow

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
This post doesn't actually exist. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
For the sake of clarification, you are always allowed to talk about mods, what you made or what you got.
BUT
You can not talk about HOW to mod, WHERE you can learn to, or actively encourage others to mod.

At least not publicly, PMs are a different story~
:196:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
For the sake of clarification, you are always allowed to talk about mods, what you made or what you got.
BUT
You can not talk about HOW to mod, WHERE you can learn to, or actively encourage others to mod.

My b. Can I ask why? Isn't there even a PM section on the boards?

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
My b. Can I ask why? Isn't there even a PM section on the boards?
One of the possible reasons for this is that some untrustworthy users might link other, less insightful users to a site that, instead of helping them mod their system, will make them unknowingly ruin their system. Then there's the legal issues.

And to answer your second question, PM stands for private messaging.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
oh no I mean Project M haha
I know how to send pms (i think :/)
As a mod itself it seems a little strange to have a whole section for it and then ban talk about modding. But what you said makes sense. On a different note, how do you guys feel about the Corrin MU? I struggle against getting sniped by fsmash on the ledge cricricri

Also working on a great new sig that will be TOTALLY WICKED
EDIT: Sig finished! :D Took me a little while to make but I'm certainly proud of it. May be putting other images similar to this one here in the future

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
oh no I mean Project M haha
I know how to send pms (i think :/)
As a mod itself it seems a little strange to have a whole section for it and then ban talk about modding. But what you said makes sense. On a different note, how do you guys feel about the Corrin MU? I struggle against getting sniped by fsmash on the ledge cricricri

Also working on a great new sig that will be TOTALLY WICKED
EDIT: Sig finished! :D Took me a little while to make but I'm certainly proud of it. May be putting other images similar to this one here in the future
Keep in mind, like ぱみゅ ぱみゅ said, you CAN talk about mods, you just can't tell others where and how you got them.

And the Corrin MU? I haven't played in a while so I can't help you on that front. Sorry.

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Whats a good stage to fight R.O.B? I need a place with a low ceiling.
I think that's the worst thing you can do. He gets more out of a lower ceiling since his main kill options (uthrow, dthrow --> uair, uair, usmash) benefit from a low ceiling. Sure, Cloud can kill from the top, but he also has kills from the sides. So yea, both characters like low ceilings, but Rob more so than Cloud. Instead, like other heavies with trouble landing (think Bowser, DK, Ganon), I would take him to either FD or SV. The lack of a consistent platform means that Rob will have trouble landing, which makes utilts and uair lead into longer strings.
Town and city and dreamland then
T&C does have a low ceiling, but DL doesn't. The platforms are higher so in effect, you are closer to the ceiling from the platforms, but the stage ceiling itself isn't shorter.

So, I'm going into the Smash 4 scene in probably a couple of weeks. I'm not really sure how I'll do
Sorry for the late reply but the honest truth is that you probably will get eliminated after a game or two. Going to your first tournament is definitely an experience, which nothing but tournament experience can help you prepare for. Regulars to your scene have most likely on average put a ton of more work, and have more experience with MUs, managing tournament stress, and overall game time than you. Best advice I can give you is to now gauge your experience by how well you do or don't perform. At the end of the day, it's just a game, and it's all about having fun. If being the best possible player you can be is fun for you, then by all means be a member of your scene, and get better with each tourny. It's something that I'm getting better at (and most non pros like all of us here) are improving on is tournament nerves. My first tournament I was shaking uncontrollably before during, and even a little after the tournament. Not gonna lie, finally going positive in a tournament, and turning heads felt great, but don't pressure yourself to feel that you have to be able to do that on your first smash outing. The point is having fun, and hopefully also make friends.

As for analyzing your opponents, try to just focus more on yourself. Sure, checking out the competition helps, but ultimately improving yourself is the most important thing, and don't worry about knowing someone else's habits unless they are consistently beating you in bracket and are sort of a block.

And finally, as for a character, play who you have the most fun. Since sets are best of 3, it's better to just focus on 1 or 2 characters as that will get you the most mileage (especially if your gonna play shulk).

Good luck and have fun :)

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Well boys patches, possibly today. Get the ol' thread ready we're gonna be busy lol

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
BUT

Uh-oh, I think I broke that rule when I mentioned a certain well-known website to a user who was having trouble with running hacks.

Furret24

Smash Master
BUT

Thank goodness for my laziness then. :V

and the power of editing posts.

Last edited:

_Nives_

Smash Cadet
ok thanks i say this because a lot of people argue that's a low selling stage, about the patch i thinks it's a nerf for us. Still a lot of people complain about is L-sideB and all is auto cancel.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I really don't care about pointless balance patches so whether or not Cloud gets nerfed won't stop me from playing as him.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I don't expect much or anything to happen to Cloud tbh, but Bayonetta is a different story with everyone constantly ******** about her she might get hit hard. Either way I'll still play as the characters I always used regardless of nerfs or buffs.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I think we all know who the biggest loser is in this patch.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How would Bayonetta get nerfed is probably the biggest question to ask. There's always nerfing her weight so that her combo game becomes riskier to use.

Last edited:

Stylo Ren

Smash Cadet
NNID
Random4811
They'll probably make witchtwist less combo-able out of, maybe increase its lag or its KB?
I bet Afterburner will probably get nerfed also

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
They will probably nerf afterburner kicks knock-back and increase witch twist knock back to where you can not combo as well in to it. Witch time will be nerfed as well probably and yeah as what Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy said. Rosaluma could be the best character in the game.

Why would they make a combo-based character less able to combo?
uh, Zero suit Samus.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Zero Suit was punish-based, hence the mobility and raw power, but not combo-based.
Combos were a byproduct of her mobility.
Bayonetta lacks the raw power (her smashes don't count), so she's supposed to be more oriented towards the combos.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Zero Suit was punish-based, hence the mobility and raw power, but not combo-based.
Bayonetta lacks the raw power (her smashes don't count), so she's supposed to be more oriented towards the combos.
So her punish game IS her combo game. If Mayonnaise smash attacks don't count then lets take ZSS's out of the equation. Zero suit samus is HEAVILY combo based, and the nerfs made her a bit worse in that respect.

Stylo Ren

Smash Cadet
NNID
Random4811
Your logic is flawed

Bayonettas combos only come out of her ability to punish anybodies option with afterburner kick. Its not unlike ZSS' grab. Boost kick is not unlike witchtwist, other than the fact that it in it of itself was kill, instead of needing the upair. However, she could rather ridiciolously early with her rufio, and it was busted. They nerfed it, and they can do the same to bayo

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Good news guys! It seems that there is strong evidence that Bayo is the only character getting nerfed this patch. The patch is in the nintendo sever as of this moment, but just not released publicly for download. Of course things are subject to change possibly, but it seems like Cloud is gonna come out nerf free (surprisingly so tbh)!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Good news guys! It seems that there is strong evidence that Bayo is the only character getting nerfed this patch. The patch is in the nintendo sever as of this moment, but just not released publicly for download. Of course things are subject to change possibly, but it seems like Cloud is gonna come out nerf free (surprisingly so tbh)!
I'm not too surprised that Cloud wasn't touched this time. The last nerf (while it's unfortunate), did revise and tone down his power in doubles (not by much, he's still godlike), it also made his aerial Finishing Touch more reasonable. Considering that in canon Cloud utilizes Finishing Touch from the ground in the first place. Otherwise, his recovery is bad and exploitable (not the worst but still), otherwise he has the tools of being a top tier character.

Not gonna lie, couldn't be happier. Hope Bayonetta didn't get nerfed TOO hard though.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Tino Tino I actually used Preview (the default image viewing software for Mac) lol. I didn't think it had the options I was looking for, but after a little searching, I was able to find some of the functions I wanted. I wasn't able to make them look as good as possible, due to limited availability on my pictures (I wanted only Wii U screenshots so I was limited to the ones I had uploaded from a friend's Wii U to my Imgur account). There were some other flaws to this though, such as Cloud appearing left-handed in some of them, but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. If you want me to make one for you, just post some pictures and I'll get it done for you. I'll also put some already completed ones up right now.

Kuraudo Kuraudo Interesting stuff with FT canon. Never really thought about it that way. Something I did notice about FT in FFVII was that the startup kinda looks like he's painting a picture and then he... finishes it with a huge destructive tornado.

The nerf still was super annoying because hitting with the back hit of FT in the air looks sooooo cool lol.

FFVII's fat Ultima Weapon also resembles a candle, which gets dimmer depending on Cloud's life force.

Last edited:
Top Bottom