• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
Hoping for a squall palette but if that's not the case,I'm sticking with the advent children alt.

gByron

Smash Cadet
I like him and his alt. Is there any different look he has in final fantasy? Can we have a bare chested cloud like shulk? That would have been cool with that sword

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was so hyped about Cloud being confirmed for Smash that I made a mock up of him in the character select screen! Enjoy!

The Character Select Screen:

Pre-Selection:

Character Selected:
Looks really real.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So, the morning after the trailer, was anyone else like "oh yeah, it's still real!" ?
Because it's been several days, and it still happens to me. XD

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I like him and his alt. Is there any different look he has in final fantasy? Can we have a bare chested cloud like shulk? That would have been cool with that sword
He actually has several.
Shinra Infantry:

Crossdressing (yes, this actually happens):

There's also Cloud as a little kid, but there aren't any really good pictures of that one.

And then there are a couple that he wears outside of the original:

Crisis Core style SOLDIER 1st class armor:

(While based off his original design, there are some differences: The belt is even more massive, the whole uniform is black instead of purple and the most glaring difference: He has to smooth black shoulderpads instead of the one with screws in them. There are also no bracelets on this design).

Kingdom Hearts Cloud:

(combines Cloud's design with Vincent's, for no real reason other than looking cool.)

Amano art style Cloud costume from Dissidia 012:
That should be about all of them. Technicly you could also count the colouration Cloud has in Final Fantasy Tactics, which is slightly off his usual:

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
He actually has several.
Shinra Infantry:

Crossdressing (yes, this actually happens):

There's also Cloud as a little kid, but there aren't any really good pictures of that one.

And then there are a couple that he wears outside of the original:

Crisis Core style SOLDIER 1st class armor:

(While based off his original design, there are some differences: The belt is even more massive, the whole uniform is black instead of purple and the most glaring difference: He has to smooth black shoulderpads instead of the one with screws in them. There are also no bracelets on this design).

(combines Cloud's design with Vincent's, for no real reason other than looking cool.)

Amano art style Cloud costume from Dissidia 012:
That should be about all of them. Technicly you could also count the colouration Cloud has in Final Fantasy Tactics, which is slightly off his usual:
those are all awesome but im betting he will just go the shulk route and get alts based on the color palettes of the rest of the party and maybe zack

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, the morning after the trailer, was anyone else like "oh yeah, it's still real!" ?
Because it's been several days, and it still happens to me. XD
Yeah it's still really weird.

EDIT: The cute fanart is probably some of the best parts of Smash reveals.

EDIT2:

...b-b-but WHEN can I fight further?

Last edited:

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice

EDIT2:

Uh, did they upload that earlier today?

UGH, why are they teasing us like this?! :(

EDIT: I'm really spoiled after the way they released Ryu like that.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Considering getting a Steam Machine, like that I get to play FF period. Should I?
You can get Final Fantasy 7 and 8 on steam and also other Final Fantasy games.

Although the PC version of FF8 uses a MIDI soundtrack instead of PSF.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Which means it's got an inferior OST, correct? By getting a Steam Machine, I only need a TV and Steam account, right? I'm kinda bad in the geeky stuff and some articles are confusing
It sounds OK but the PlayStation version is better.

The Steam machines should have HDMI ports and you do need a Steam account.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Honestly if you have a computer/laptop at all, just check and see if you meet the system requirements. Most computers should, as the old FF games are far from intensive.

Hell, there is even a mobile version of FFVII, I believe.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly if you have a computer/laptop at all, just check and see if you meet the system requirements. Most computers should, as the old FF games are far from intensive.

Hell, there is even a mobile version of FFVII, I believe.
My PC can't handle full screen YT vids well enough
It sounds OK but the PlayStation version is better.

The Steam machines should have HDMI ports and you do need a Steam account.
Welp, I know what I'm getting for Christmas~

Poopybutthole Poopybutthole why the **** did you call yourself that? Don't pretend I don't see you in the Users Viewing Thread thing!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

EDIT2:

Y u do dis Official Smash Twitter? I can't take it.

As a side note, I just started playing FF7 on Steam for the first time and I'm having a blast. Cloud's a bit of a **** but I'm assuming there's story reasons for that, and he seems to have a soft heart at least.

So far I'm impressed, the Materia system seems like it's going to get interesting.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My PC can't handle full screen YT vids well enough

Welp, I know what I'm getting for Christmas~

Poopybutthole Poopybutthole why the **** did you call yourself that? Don't pretend I don't see you in the Users Viewing Thread thing!
FFVII might still work though. It's seriously bog standard stuff.

It doesn't even list "Recommended Requirements" because it's that easy to run.

Also I noticed something funny on the Steam page.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
FFVII might still work though. It's seriously bog standard stuff.

It doesn't even list "Recommended Requirements" because it's that easy to run.

Also I noticed something funny on the Steam page.

I'll have to check canyourunit then. But I've also gotten Steam games before, including Sonic Generations, which I otherwise can't play

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I'll have to check canyourunit then. But I've also gotten Steam games before, including Sonic Generations, which I otherwise can't play
Well, Sonic Generations is actually not all that easy to run. If that works on you PC, FFVII should be no problem at all.

Actually, your PC being unable to properly run fullscreened YT videos sounds like a problem it has with Flash. Or Malware.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
You don't understand me. I CAN'T run it. Hell, it can barely run Sonic 4 episode 2 without lagging during the goal posts
Ah, excuse me.
I crosschecked with Sonic 4 Episode 2's system requirements though, and FFVII's are (still rather unsurprisingly) below that by quite a bit.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well yeah, Sonic Generations is on a whole different level. Not only is it like, 2 console generations ahead of FFVII, but the PC version is actually quite poorly optimised, making it even harder to run than it should be.

FFVII is well optimised though and it should pretty much run on any old office computer in this day and age.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3

For anyone who cares, she's saying: Aiku-kun no Otomodachi?

(Aiku) = Ike
(-kun) Is one of those Japanese honorific things, used for boys that you know very well as close friends, or someone who is your junior, etc.
(no) A possessive sentence particle; in this case it would be "is your" or something.
(O) Another Japanese honorific used when referring to someone older than you, etc.
(tomodachi) = Friend

So she's asking something like, "Ike-kun is your friend?" or "Are you and Ike-kun friends?" .^ ^.

It's funny becuz she's using -kun here for Ike, as if she's his senpai or something, and it's generally confusing Cloud that they would be close enough to each other on this level. Japanese humor loli-loli-lol~ X3

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

For anyone who cares, she's saying: Aiku-kun no Otomodachi?

(Aiku) = Ike
(-kun) Is one of those Japanese honorific things, used for boys that you know very well as close friends, or someone who is your junior, etc.
(no) A possessive sentence particle; in this case it would be "is your" or something.
(O) Another Japanese honorific used when referring to someone older than you, etc.
(tomodachi) = Friend

So she's asking something like, "Ike-kun is your friend?" or "Are you and Ike-kun friends?" .^ ^.

It's funny becuz she's using -kun here for Ike, as if she's his senpai or something, and it's generally confusing Cloud that they would be close enough to each other on this level. Japanese humor loli-loli-lol~ X3
'NOT EVERY SWORDSMAN KNOWS EACH OTHER! GOD, I AM SO CLOSE TO QUITTING THIS GAME, FIRST THE CLONE INSULTS AND NOW THIS! I need a cigarette and a dress...'

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Geen probleem!
Though I'm afraid my dutch is quite limited, too. :3
Your only mistake was "Freund".
lol, I thought it was Frund because of Knul und zijn Fründe or something appearing on a newspaper

I can't check if my PC can run FFVII because my mother is convinced sites like Canyourunit will only give viruses and popup adds because they asked for an administration log in fml

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I actually didn't imagine him being a heavy character. Middle weight was my guess to be honest. But maybe he will be a heavy. I mean, his sword is probably more than enough reason for that and plus the game needs more "normal sized" heavies.
his Buster sword may be the thing that will make him heavy. I know he carries like its no problem, t he looks heavy. plus if you lokk at the trailers, he doesn't seem to jump very high.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
his Buster sword may be the thing that will make him heavy. I know he carries like its no problem, t he looks heavy. plus if you lokk at the trailers, he doesn't seem to jump very high.
Being able to fly across the floor at a decent speed and having the fastest roll? Meh, Sword's not THAT heavy. Jumps? Holy ****, it's impossible. Better Limit Break dem leg muscles

Top Bottom