• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
I thought of a conversation between Cloud and Tifa when he receives an invitation to join Smash (wish I could draw instead though):
(takes place at the new 7th Heaven Bar in Edge)
Cloud: *goes through the mail before making his daily delivery and notices a strange envelope with a Smash emblem and proceeds to open"
Tifa: Whatcha got there?
Cloud: ...Nothing...
Tifa: Mmhmm *snatches letter from Cloud and reads it* You want to go, don't you?
Cloud: Well no..I...
Tifa: Cloud, it's okay. You don't have to hide anything from me, I can see right through you. I think you should definitely go! Don't worry about us! (referring to Tifa and Marlene)
Cloud: But I've got deliveries to make-
Tifa: Relax! I've got it covered, Cloud! *sees Cloud is still reluctant* Okay, you know what? As the owner, I order you to take a break and go join Super Smash Bros.!
Cloud: Tch. Fine. *finally hops on the Fenrir and departs*
Tifa: *whispers to herself as she sees Cloud leaving on the distance* Cloud I know you will have fun. Just be careful, alright?

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Hey Guys I have been playing with cloud for only 3 days now and Im thinking on Co-maining him and link, just wanted to say hi to everyone and also share some thoughts i played in anthers ladder with a megaman and his lemons and misiles keep me away and overpowered my blade beam i think is a hard MU for cloud what do you guys think??
First, I think punctuation is your friend :/
Second, I think it's important to remember that Blade Beam has its uses, but it's only a good zoning tool against characters who don't have a zoning game of their own.
Against Rock specifically, I think it's best to stick to well-spaced aerials, and F-tilt. But playing defensively may be the way to go.

Tshadow7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tshadow7
First, I think punctuation is your friend :/
Second, I think it's important to remember that Blade Beam has its uses, but it's only a good zoning tool against characters who don't have a zoning game of their own.
Against Rock specifically, I think it's best to stick to well-spaced aerials, and F-tilt. But playing defensively may be the way to go.
on Punctuation , English is my second language and thanks i need to work on that hehehe.

And thanks for the advice on the Rock MU ill try to keep that in mind

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
on Punctuation , English is my second language and thanks i need to work on that hehehe.

And thanks for the advice on the Rock MU ill try to keep that in mind
I normally try to keep my limit "almost" charged so that I can use normal blade beam while raising damage, but against projectile-heavy characters getting limit quickly for the Limit Break is nice for the mobility boost and to instill respect (LB Blade Beam ignores most projectiles).

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Guys I found out something interesting today. If you do the second hit of Climhazzard and fall a certain distance (maybe it's based on time? idk) you'll go into helpless with limited aerial manueverability (I think that it's the same airspeed you get after normal Climhazzard). I believe a similar thing happens in PM with Yoshi and his Yoshi Bomb. Obviously this is pretty useless information, but I thought I'd share it.

TheScrub

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xero_Hunter
Hey, I'm an aspiring Cloud Main, and I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers, or maybe some frame traps or true combos?
Since his release, I've pretty much just been using cloud as a Punish-On-Reaction/Camp-Limit-Break character.
Here is how I play Cloud. Could someone please let me know where I could have selected better options (like use Fair instead of Nair, for example, or true combos I missed, or something of the like)? I feel like talking with other Cloud Mains about my choices will help me grow as a player, and would really appreciate some feedback.
I feel like cloud has a lot of good Reaction options, but very few actual frame traps.
Thanks, TheScrub.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Hey, I'm an aspiring Cloud Main, and I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers, or maybe some frame traps or true combos?
Since his release, I've pretty much just been using cloud as a Punish-On-Reaction/Camp-Limit-Break character.
Here is how I play Cloud. Could someone please let me know where I could have selected better options (like use Fair instead of Nair, for example, or true combos I missed, or something of the like)? I feel like talking with other Cloud Mains about my choices will help me grow as a player, and would really appreciate some feedback.
I feel like cloud has a lot of good Reaction options, but very few actual frame traps.
Thanks, TheScrub.
Falling sourspotted Dair leads into a doorstop combo at low-mid percents.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Did you defeat Omega and Jade weapon as well?
Omega and Jade? Those aren't in the original FF7...

There are 4 in total that are actually fightable; Ultimate, Ruby, Diamond, and Emerald - 3 of which are optional... 2 of which are unbelievably overpowered.

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Omega and Jade? Those aren't in the original FF7...

There are 4 in total that are actually fightable; Ultimate, Ruby, Diamond, and Emerald - 3 of which are optional... 2 of which are unbelievably overpowered.
I know. I just wanted to see if he'd fall for it. They aren't necessarily over powered. They just aren't to fight. There's a way to pretty much make Cloud invincible and just spam Knights of the Round. I'll post the guide later.

Loki0830

Smash Rookie
NNID
Loki0830
Thanks, TheScrub.
I'm not sure how "qualified" I am for giving advice on cloud, but I've played around 600 games on him for glory and have seen some fairly decent success.

The main things I'd say you should either work on or start incorporating into your play are:
  1. More aerials. Cloud has amazing frame data for his aerials, and you can apply a ton of pressure with your aerials in neutral. Learn to auto cancel them and you'll have a lot of options available to you.
  2. Cancel your limit charge with B instead of shield or rolling. This will allow you to act out of it faster, and it will also allow you to charge your limit very fluidly in the air.
  3. Cloud has (arguably) the best fox trot in the game. It is super short and he can act almost immediately out of it. It's a great way to mind game, and it actually applies a lot of pressure with movement alone since you can use any move out of it (f-smash, down smash, d-tilt, jab, etc.). Great for neutral spacing, baiting, and punishing unsafe moves/landings.
Because of Cloud's fantastic aerial game, range, and mobility, he can be both an aggressive heavy-pressure attacker and a defensive zone-heavy punisher. Switching between attacking with your range and retreating to charge limit is also a strong mix-up that allows you to control the pace of the game and force your opponents to act/approach.

I'd suggest to check out NairoMK's twitch stream, as he has spent a decent amount of time streaming for glory with Cloud. Watching some of NinjaLink's cloud could also be inspiring (there should be some of his fights from a tourney in the video thread).

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I know. I just wanted to see if he'd fall for it. They aren't necessarily over powered. They just aren't to fight. There's a way to pretty much make Cloud invincible and just spam Knights of the Round. I'll post the guide later.
Good sir, this man cannot simply be tricked when it comes too FF7.

And as for that guide, I'll assume it involves...
Knights and Mimes!!!!

TheScrub

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xero_Hunter
I'm not sure how "qualified" I am for giving advice on cloud, but I've played around 600 games on him for glory and have seen some fairly decent success.

The main things I'd say you should either work on or start incorporating into your play are:
  1. More aerials. Cloud has amazing frame data for his aerials, and you can apply a ton of pressure with your aerials in neutral. Learn to auto cancel them and you'll have a lot of options available to you.
  2. Cancel your limit charge with B instead of shield or rolling. This will allow you to act out of it faster, and it will also allow you to charge your limit very fluidly in the air.
  3. Cloud has (arguably) the best fox trot in the game. It is super short and he can act almost immediately out of it. It's a great way to mind game, and it actually applies a lot of pressure with movement alone since you can use any move out of it (f-smash, down smash, d-tilt, jab, etc.). Great for neutral spacing, baiting, and punishing unsafe moves/landings.
Because of Cloud's fantastic aerial game, range, and mobility, he can be both an aggressive heavy-pressure attacker and a defensive zone-heavy punisher. Switching between attacking with your range and retreating to charge limit is also a strong mix-up that allows you to control the pace of the game and force your opponents to act/approach.

I'd suggest to check out NairoMK's twitch stream, as he has spent a decent amount of time streaming for glory with Cloud. Watching some of NinjaLink's cloud could also be inspiring (there should be some of his fights from a tourney in the video thread).
Thank you very much! Ill work on incorperating the aerials into my gameplay, and look up NairoMk on Twitch. Ill also put some time in the lab to work on my foxtrots.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
So what you do is you have one of your party members learn VANISH and have another party member learn DOOM. Once you do that confront Atma Weapon and here his speech
Now what you do is you have to USE VANISH ON ATMA WEAPON, NOT ON YOURSELF, ON THE ATMA WEAPON. Once he is invisible, You will not be able to use any physical attacks on him. But, he's very vulnerable to magic attacks. Now use the DOOM spell on Atma Weapon and BOOM! He's dead.

Anyways, I found out some good news. Cloud is SUPERB in doubles, Especially if team attack is on. Because Clouds great mobility and a good dash attack, Cloud can rush into other players and can save teammates if they are in trouble. Plus Clouds forward smash can lock both opponents in place and kills them really early.

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
I remember when Cloud was first released I didn't like him.

And now I've added him to my mains list after playing him so often. I don't know what changed, but I really want to play Final Fantasy VII now.

It's on PC for $11.99. I would buy it, but all the money I have now is for upcoming games.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Here's a video you guys might like:
Thanks, TheScrub.
Utilt, Utilt, Nair at low percents is a decent damage and spacing short combo.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Anyone up for a few games against a Link main? I haven't played in a long time so expect me to play badly at first, especially since the Cloud MU is new to me.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
If anyone still wants to play, then message me.

Anyone up for a few games against a Link main? I haven't played in a long time so expect me to play badly at first, especially since the Cloud MU is new to me.
If your still around.

Lemonade Candy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LemonadeAcid

I havent even hit 250 yet

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
What's the most reliable way to land Finishing Touch? I've only seen it out of UTilt combos
I could be wrong about this, but I think you can also hit Finishing Touch out of sour spot dair and FF Uair at certain percents.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
All my friends say Cloud's FSmash is OP. What do you guys think?
Well, it sticks out for easily being Cloud's strongest non-limit move, but it's generally too slow for reactive punishing and it isn't very safe on shield due to the lower-than average damage final hit. Methinks your friends would say similar things about Link's if you used him instead.

...Although in a FFA setting I imagine it's not hard at all to sneak up on groups and launch the lot of them with it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's one of Cloud's best KO moves.
It has insane range, deals tons of damage, has the power of something like Ike's forward smash, it's hard / outright impossible to SDI out of, and comparatively doesn't have too much endlag (to something like Shulk's or Ike's f-smash). The downsides to Cloud's f-smash is that it does minimal shield damage and it's still pretty punishable.
It's still one of the better f-smashes in the game in my opinion.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Not at all. It's stupidly powerful; as @XenoBrawler610 said it's damn near impossible to SDI out of once caught in the initial slash, it's fast for a side smash, but it's still a smash attack -- it can be easily shielded and avoided with a good read from the opposing player.

Sounds like your friends have lost a few too many stocks to it and never learned how to counter it. They buttz is hurtin'.

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
As much as i am enjoying Cloud as a Character in Smash i can't help but feel just slightly disappointed with the missed opportunities Sakurai had to add in the game. For example more songs could of been added to the Midgar stage, but i guess that's more of a copyright issue and a more unique variety in his colors palates. Not like his colors are bad or anything but it would of been nice for cloud to have an Alt inspired by Sephiroth with like silver hair and a darker suit, oh well still loving him!

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Guys I have a quick question for you. I showed my parents the Cloud silhouette made by Kevandre Kevandre and they think that if I had it on a shirt, it would send an violent message that I'm a violent person, etc, etc. I'd love you guys' opinions.

heres a picture of it

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Guys I have a quick question for you. I showed my parents the Cloud silhouette made by Kevandre Kevandre and they think that if I had it on a shirt, it would send an violent message that I'm a violent person, etc, etc. I think it's ********, but I'd love you guys' opinions.

heres a picture of it
That's silly. I'm sure some people would think that but you'll always find someone to think something asinine and find an issue with something.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I hope in a patch that they make Cloud's colors more vibrant or something. It can be pretty hard to tell which cloud you are in a ffa with certain outfits and everyone in a big tussle.

I also hope (although it probably will never happen) that they added in another song or two with the patch in February to Midgar. I mean if they are adding in the FE: Fates songs, it's possible to add songs into existing stages right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom