• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
Okay, I see what you mean with this. Limit charge canceling is just stopping the charge with b, right? :/ do you know what frame upbs hitbox is out on? I sometimes use it in the middle of being comboed and I'll hear the attack sound, but get no hitbox.

And then I get RCO lag and get comboed even harder D:
It comes out frame 7.
http://smashboards.com/threads/clouds-frame-data-1-1-3.426026/

ALSO START OF PAGE 100 BOIS!
True SOLDIER 1st Class material if I do say so myself.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Is that faster than any of his other combo breaking options? I've also sometimes been DIing down out of certain throws and uairing since it comes out pretty fast and lowers clouds profile for a bit before the hitbox is out.

(I'd really appreciate if someone could check this for me, cuz I can barely even post on my horrible phone...)

EDIT: Page 100! Yay!

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
limit charge canceling with A+L and B are different. if you cancel with B, you have the cancel animation you have to deal with. with A+L, you dont have the cancel animation at all which saves you a couple of frames.

Up B hitbox his on frame 7.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
limit charge canceling with A+L and B are different. if you cancel with B, you have the cancel animation you have to deal with. with A+L, you dont have the cancel animation at all which saves you a couple of frames.

Up B hitbox his on frame 7.
A+L? Doesn't that shield cancel it into a grab?

Also look at all the viewers of this thread rn!

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Is that faster than any of his other combo breaking options? I've also sometimes been DIing down out of certain throws and uairing since it comes out pretty fast and lowers clouds profile for a bit before the hitbox is out.

(I'd really appreciate if someone could check this for me, cuz I can barely even post on my horrible phone...)

EDIT: Page 100! Yay!
its a pretty strong string breaking option since a lot of low percent strings have gaps that are big enough to climhazzard out of

If you press L after the A+Stick input, it actually cancels directly into ftilts/smash attacks.

Last edited:

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo

It can, but if you time it correctly you can cancel it into a smash so you can run and dsmash and fsmash, or start a utilt string, or push them away with a dtilt.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
[/QUOTE] If you press L after the A+Stick input, it actually cancels directly into ftilts/smash attacks.[/QUOTE]
U need a cstick too?

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It can, but if you time it correctly you can cancel it into a smash so you can run and dsmash and fsmash, or start a utilt string, or push them away with a dtilt.
You cant fsmash, but you can ftilt.

If you try the fsmash input, then you'll roll instead.

You can Utilt, usmash, ftilt, dtilt, dsmash with A+L from limit charge

U need a cstick too?

you dont need c-stick, but you can use c-stick.

C-stick is a lot easier and its the reason why Im choosing smash stick over tilt stick because this makes whiff punishing and recovery punishing super easy to do.

Dsmash out of run via limit charge when frame perfect hits frame 14. dash attack hits frame 9, so its only 5f faster.

because of this all clouds should probably work on being able to smash/tilt out of run consistantly because a frame 14 punish option that does 16 damage unstaled while being a fairly strong kill option is pretty good lol. you can literally punish zss grab with smash attacks now.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
You cant fsmash, but you can ftilt.

If you try the fsmash input, then you'll roll instead.

You can Utilt, usmash, ftilt, dtilt, dsmash with A+L from limit charge

you dont need c-stick, but you can use c-stick.

C-stick is a lot easier and its the reason why Im choosing smash stick over tilt stick because this makes whiff punishing and recovery punishing super easy to do.

Dsmash out of run via limit charge when frame perfect hits frame 14. dash attack hits frame 9, so its only 5f faster.

because of this all clouds should probably work on being able to smash/tilt out of run consistantly because a frame 14 punish option that does 16 damage unstaled while being a fairly strong kill option is pretty good lol. you can literally punish zss grab with smash attacks now.
Great! I'll definitely try that out soon! Gtg now tho. Learning new stuff every day, and it ain't schoolwork!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
S Symphonia Just lying on my bed listening to some music. I've had quite a long night at work but I don't get any sleep until later in the day since I have the weekend off.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Hai guys, haven't posted here in a while~
How is everyone?

-m0 -m0 I resized that gif for you. I think it's the correct height for a sig, but if it's not let me know and I can change it for you
Thank you so much! Mind telling me how you did it? I want to put the Advent Children Blade Beam in my sig too.

GHNeko GHNeko Rap music all day any day...along with some Puerto Rican reggaeton music.
I enjoy rap if I can understand what the artist is saying lol... but I don't consider it a genre of music, more like poetry-esque sort of genre...

Last edited:

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
I enjoy rap if I can understand what the artist is saying lol... but I don't consider it a genre of music, more like poetry-esque sort of genre...
I don't care for rap imo. It's usually kinda meh, most of my music is either rock or some music from tons of other video games. lol

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I don't care for rap imo. It's usually kinda meh, most of my music is either rock or some music from tons of other video games. lol
I love video game music. I really don't like music with words, I feel that anything that the words add to the music in terms of rhythm and accompaniment can be better accomplished by more music, and the words don't really add anything in terms of words, just shouting about sex and drugs and ****. I can get that some people like to identify with the words, but that doesn't work with me.

You should check out GlitchxCity for some REALLY good game music.

Masterpieces like this:

And this:

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I should mention that i registered for my next local Smash 4 tournament in my scene. I am going to play both Sheik and Cloud but i am going to try to spent most of the tournament with Cloud in friendlies and pools so i am going to learn Cloud more before the tournament.

Last edited:

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
I should mention that i registered for my next local Smash 4 tournament in my scene. I am going to play both Sheik and Cloud but i am going to try to spent most of the tournament with Cloud in friendlies and pools so i am going to learn Cloud more before the tournament.
Good luck!

I wish there was a scene that wasn't a few hours away here though. Kinda sucks. Dunno if I'd play Shulk or Cloud, not sure who I'm better with atm.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
100 pages guys!

This is awesome!

I know I'm not here much cause I have a lot of shifts at work, but I come to watch every now and then.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't really been around, I've been too busy with school and such lately. I also unfortunately decided to drop Cloud to focus on getting my Peach and ZSS up to tournament level to make up for Zelda's bad matchups, and he just really did not fit my playstyle at all. I am helping my best smash buddy (I'll call him that) out with training his Cloud up for our upcoming tourney later this month. I'll probably come visit again soon.

Also, quick question for those Fellow Final Fantasy Fans: Which should I play first before FFXV's release later this year? FFVI, FFVIII, or FFIX? I own VIII and IX, just haven't gotten around to them yet since I've been so busy, and I can just download VI on any system so that's not an issue either.

Rewrite

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else noticed how similar Cloud looks to Leffen in the Final Fantasy 7 remake? Look at this guy:

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Round 2 time. I'm cutting it close and I'm on the train to the venue. 10 minutes I gotta be at my pool. Lol

[EDIT]

Rip. Ah well, was a good run while it lasts.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's still the type of music genre I enjoy the most though.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
nah i'm not that underground. i'm mostly talking about less popular rappers/hiphop artists that are more alike old school rappers

Restorying Poetry in Music
MF Doom (not really underground, but still not mainstream)
Substantial
Funky DL

some rap artists of the top of my head.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I cherrypick from most genres. I'm more about hip hop when it comes to rap and stuff, like Blackalicious and MF Doom. I can dig stuff from Tech 9 and Immortal Technique too, though.

Still consider myself more of a rock and metal kinda guy, though.

Smooth Criminal

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Has anyone seen M2K's :4cloud:

I don't know if anyone else has been watching the genesis stream today but Cloud has done great today.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I like hip-hop as i have some beats on my playlist that i use when i am practicing Smash but i also like techno too.

Top Bottom